Rabbitohs 13+
    Roosters 1-12
    Warriors 13+
    Dragons 1-12
    Titans 1-12
    Raiders 13+
    Tigers 1-12

2. Post
    We're almost at a must win again as I can't see us getting close to Melbourne.

3. Post
    MXRecord wrote:
    We're almost at a must win again as I can't see us getting close to Melbourne.
    Beat North Queensland, and the Warriors are 3-3, which isn't as bad as a few clubs that had higher expectations on them in 2019.

4. Post
    Warriors will probably play Cowboys into form like they did with Manly lol.

5. Post
    Soui wrote:
    Beat North Queensland, and the Warriors are 3-3, which isn't as bad as a few clubs that had higher expectations on them in 2019.
    Yeah, that's what I'm getting at. 3-4 looks much better than 2-5. I cant see us beating The Storm.

6. Post
    GI goooooooooone

7. Post
    Do the rabbits have to carry GIs contract? I thought you had to be medically retired for the cap space to be freed up

8. Post
    zippy wrote:
    Do the rabbits have to carry GIs contract? I thought you had to be medically retired for the cap space to be freed up
    Not they don't, he may have insurance for loss of income but if the injury isn't serious enough then they may not cover it, or only partially cover it. Inglis is giving up 1.5m, or so it seems.

9. Post
    DOGZILLA wrote:
    GI goooooooooone
    I found it interesting in the interview that he explicitly stated his body wasn't giving out on him.
    Didn't look like that was the case to me.

10. Post
    Jizah wrote:
    I found it interesting in the interview that he explicitly stated his body wasn't giving out on him.
    Didn't look like that was the case to me.
    His body is done. Mentally done too.

11. Post
    Sharks
    Rabbitohs
    Storm
    Warriors
    Dragons
    Knights
    Raiders
    Tigers

12. Post
    Will be at the game Saturday

13. Post
    Need the team to show up like last week, plus not lose our only experienced half right before kick off and we should do the cowboys. Anything's possible with this team though.

Kata still in the side. Kearney really makes some odd decisions around swapping players and his use of the bench. As far as I'm concerned Kata shouldn't have even started the year in the top 17, at this point he's only gotten worse. Beale is until proven otherwise, clearly our best centre and an obvious swap for Kata. Hiku i'm not huge on, but at least sometimes he does something on attack. Kata literally offers nothing at all other than being a massive liability.

It's clear teams are targeting that edge, and why wouldn't you. Cody Walker is not some kind of superstar, he's just a good player who got good ball against a mong defender who absolutely could not adjust.

14. Post
    This game has been a great example of why the Warriors did not want to pay SJ a million a year again so far.

15. Post
    Good second half from SJ though. But then that's always been part of the problem haha.

16. Post
    Yeah agree Dogzilla lol, ripped up that 2nd half but 1st half was just passing not doing shit. If only we have a big bopper like Fafita he is awesome

17. Post
    Agreed, and considering how much we were paying SJ, letting him go should have resulted in an impact player of that level. Instead we got ???? The only thing I've seen is we gave Luke an upgrade, but i'd bloody hope it wasn't too significant since he's clearly way off full health which is why he took a cheap contract in the first place. I'd certainly rather have SJ than losing him and gaining nothing at all.

Watched the replay of last weeks game, regardless of our pretty poor last 30 minutes, there were 2 very borderline tries to the Rabbits. I don't think it's unfair to feel hard done by, that win was very important to our season. The try of the posts, Luke is pretty clearly obstructed by Burgess. The final try, whatever I guess, but the general consensus i've seen among neutrals on reddit is no try. Don't think the rabbits got pinged once in a good 25 minutes of play in the 2nd half, while playing rush defence... I just hope the boys are proud of their effort and carry it in to tomorrow night. The only thing that was missing was co ordination. Unfortunately our key veterans for that (luke/green) are both hurt...

Fingers crossed for the dogs tonight, I like the rabbits but watching that replay pissed me off and I hope they lose.

18. Post
    Again, who do you think they should have signed exactly?

When he was released everyone's rosters were basically set for the year. It only worked out well for SJ because Holmes left so the Sharks had all this space.

There was no impact players on the market to sign.

They tried to throw huge money at Brown but it didn't work.

They got offered Nikorima. That's as close to an impact player as they could have got.

So what do you suggest because you keep complaining about how they didn't sign anyone in his place but never address the fact that no impact players were available to sign or nominate anyone they could have tried to sign...

You realise SJ openly said if you don't release me I'm not going to put in for you. You'd rather keep the guy and pay him a million dollars to sit on his ass and not try at all? Sounds like a great way to spend money and a great thing for team culture.

Also, there was very clear photo evidence of the ball on the line for Walker's last try. I don't think there's a general consensus it wasn't a try at all. There was certainly people circulating a still screen shot from before the ball gets on the line to try to make it look like he didn't though.

19. Post
    It's amazing how the commentary are bitching about the slow play the ball. It's no worse than what The Storm do every game.

20. Post
    DOGZILLA wrote:
    Words.
    You're missing the forest for the trees. Obviously they should not have soured the relationship and let him go a year early, if there's no one to sign. This situation didn't have to happen, and simply should not have happened if there was no plan to sign a marquee player as his replacement.

Can you show me where SJ said he won't play? The only communication i recall is that he was told he can test his value on the open market, did so and was released. I know he's a princess, but even after the poor management while he was in the UK, I can't imagine a scenario where he doesn't play out his contract as a professional. Best case scenario he's playing for his next contract and goes hard. No he won't put his life on the line like he used to, but he would still be way better than literally no body which is what we have to show for it.

We had our best season in 7 years, and until shown otherwise management basically torpedoed this season for no reason at all by ****ing with SJ. Sign at least a decent player and fine, sign a marquee player and I will 180 my position entirely. Sign no one and that's a massive **** up. What's the status of that situation currently? Deal with it. I would think a bulldogs supporter would know all about getting seasons ruined by poor player management, they've copped it a lot worse than we have.

The try was ruled a try because it was sent up as a try, the vid ref literally said so. It was inconclusive. Split milk, we've lost two games this season in far more upsetting fashion, i'm mainly ruing the missed opportunity to go 4 - 2 before we get smoked by the storm.

MXRecord wrote:
    It's amazing how the commentary are bitching about the slow play the ball. It's no worse than what The Storm do every game.
    The storm take the piss absolutely. The dogs were hilariously slowing the ball down there though. Lewis is a champ at wrapping his legs around players. He's a young gun and I like him a lot despite his drop goal last year.

Watching this game, if we get our shit together I can't see how a top 8 (just) position isn't doable. Storm and Roosters look head and shoulders above everyone else. What a game that's going to be tonight!

21. Post
    JPAR wrote:
    Haha. It was worth it to see Burgess lose his shit over it.

22. Post
    MXRecord wrote:
    Haha. It was worth it to see Burgess lose his shit over it.
    Was hoping he'd have a swing! Bring back the biff

23. Post
    What a terrible second half as a neutral, far out.

24. Post
    JPAR wrote:
    You're missing the forest for the trees. Obviously they should not have soured the relationship and let him go a year early, if there's no one to sign. This situation didn't have to happen, and simply should not have happened if there was no plan to sign a marquee player as his replacement.

Can you show me where SJ said he won't play? The only communication i recall is that he was told he can test his value on the open market, did so and was released. I know he's a princess, but even after the poor management while he was in the UK, I can't imagine a scenario where he doesn't play out his contract as a professional. Best case scenario he's playing for his next contract and goes hard. No he won't put his life on the line like he used to, but he would still be way better than literally no body which is what we have to show for it.

We had our best season in 7 years, and until shown otherwise management basically torpedoed this season for no reason at all by ****ing with SJ. Sign at least a decent player and fine, sign a marquee player and I will 180 my position entirely. Sign no one and that's a massive **** up. What's the status of that situation currently? Deal with it. I would think a bulldogs supporter would know all about getting seasons ruined by poor player management, they've copped it a lot worse than we have.

The try was ruled a try because it was sent up as a try, the vid ref literally said so. It was inconclusive. Split milk, we've lost two games this season in far more upsetting fashion, i'm mainly ruing the missed opportunity to go 4 - 2 before we get smoked by the storm.

The storm take the piss absolutely. The dogs were hilariously slowing the ball down there though. Lewis is a champ at wrapping his legs around players. He's a young gun and I like him a lot despite his drop goal last year.

Watching this game, if we get our shit together I can't see how a top 8 (just) position isn't doable. Storm and Roosters look head and shoulders above everyone else. What a game that's going to be tonight!
    They let him go early because he stomped his feet and threw his toys out, to the point he said he won't put in if they don't release him. This was all widely covered at the time, I'm not digging through old news to bring you up to speed.

Yes a best case scenario would be he stuck around put in and earned another good contract. But he didn't. That was his choice.

You do know when his last contract was coming up he said he wanted to explore his options to committing to the Warriors again right? But that doesn't go both ways apparently.

I'm not sure why you find envisioning a scenario where he doesn't play out his contract as a professional hard to picture because that's exactly what happened. As soon as he got told to explore his options he stomped around pissing and moaning and forced his way out lol. The exact opposite of playing out his final year professionally.

Avoiding the relationship with SJ going sour means pandering him to being an entitled princess who gets paid more than he is worth. Not too keen on that. As soon as he got told he could explore his options and gauge his value his bruised ego sent him into flight mode. The only way SJ was accepting that situation was getting as much money if not more.

So, I still await your solution. You keep moaning about how they didn't sign an impact replacement, who should they have signed.

Do you genuinely think continuing to play a player who doesn't want to be with your club and is forcing his way out a million a year a good idea?

They had their best season in seven years, of course let's not forget it was only the second time, and the first since his rookie campaign, that SJ even made the playoffs. Historically he hasn't exactly been the key to making the playoffs now has he.

I mean you seem to agree he was overpaid, so you were OK with him releasing him, but only if they replace him with some non existent option, otherwise they should have kept him but the only way to keep him was to continue to overpay him because the prospect of him not being overpaid on a new deal sent him away.

And again there was completely clear footage of the ball on the line. Specifically when a Warriors player crashes into him and basically forced it into happening. If you couldn't see that, take the blinkers off.
    Last edited by DOGZILLA; 19th April 2019 at 9:33 pm.