CL New Website

It's finally Launched, god dam

Thoughts? https://www.computerlounge.co.nz/

2. Post
    Ban.

3. Post
    Looks the same to me

4. Post
    Both the systems and laptops links in the mobile nav bar don't work and TBH I think that the newsletter and testimonials only need to be on the home page as they take up too much room on the mobile site (i.e. makes it difficult to find help/info/service). There's still no way to filter what's in stock vs. what's on backorder as well, which makes sifting through things on sale a major pain.

Website page weight is a bit heavy as well, consider using srcset as the mobile version of the homepage doesn't need to be 8MB in size. Other than that, not too shabby.

5. Post
    Font is nice and site seems ok

8MB page load is gross though

6. Post
    I will also say that you shouldn't be using auto scrolling carousels - there's been plenty of research about this. Heck, my capstone project for uni was basically 'don't do it!'.

7. Post
    Fragluton wrote:
    Ban.
    Sorry frag. Legitimately has been promised for so long and wanted to know what the community thought after reading through another retailers site thread

8. Post
    Deathbat wrote:
    Looks the same to me
    This.

And I get a 3-4MB page load. Definitely not fast, though.

Maybe it's a lottery as to whether you get the new one? Like Facebook does.

Speaking of Facebook, all the stuff that takes a long time to load is third party. Google and Facebook. I don't get why people still use their analytics, it's not wildly difficult to write your own, or get something that runs locally:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.PNG 
Views:	52 
Size:	12.6 KB 
ID:	225828

Name:	2.PNG 
Views:	70 
Size:	44.8 KB 
ID:	225829

Has anyone ever genuinely bought a product because a friend Facebook liked it?

BURN_BABY wrote:
    Both the systems and laptops links in the mobile nav bar don't work and TBH I think that the newsletter and testimonials only need to be on the home page as they take up too much room on the mobile site (i.e. makes it difficult to find help/info/service). There's still no way to filter what's in stock vs. what's on backorder as well, which makes sifting through things on sale a major pain.

Website page weight is a bit heavy as well, consider using srcset as the mobile version of the homepage doesn't need to be 8MB in size. Other than that, not too shabby.
    Oh, I didn't check the mobile page, is it somehow twice the size of the regular?

9. Post
    Must be a slow rollout and lottery as to whom gets to see it, this is the mobile site according to Chrome.

Name:	3.PNG 
Views:	76 
Size:	151.6 KB 
ID:	225830

10. Post
    suntoucher wrote:
    Oh, I didn't check the mobile page, is it somehow twice the size of the regular?
    Nope, my desktop page is showing 7.12MB Transferred, 8MB total, cache disabled.

Also, don't put a pop up in my face asking me to sign up to the newsletter. Hate websites that do this.

11. Post
    Will take a bit of me to get use to, but its nice. I liked the old web page as it was easy to use and straight forward. I liked the tool bar it had down the side in the old web page when you went into what sort of category you were looking at.

12. Post
    Elbows to pointy, 9/10.

13. Post
    I like the component view on hover. Better than the old

14. Post
    ThomasChp wrote:
    Sorry frag. Legitimately has been promised for so long and wanted to know what the community thought after reading through another retailers site thread
    When I clicked link, I got old site, so assumed troll post

15. Post
    Clean AF

16. Post
    suntoucher wrote:
    This.

Speaking of Facebook, all the stuff that takes a long time to load is third party. Google and Facebook. I don't get why people still use their analytics, it's not wildly difficult to write your own, or get something that runs locally:

Name:	1.PNG 
Views:	52 
Size:	12.6 KB 
ID:	225828

Name:	2.PNG 
Views:	70 
Size:	44.8 KB 
ID:	225829

Has anyone ever genuinely bought a product because a friend Facebook liked it?

Because retargeting with paid ads on both fb and google/youtube requires using their pixel?

17. Post
    looks awesome guys, well done.

one thing which is slightly annoying though is having to click 'load more' for every 10 products shown. Perhaps this would be better displaying 30-40 by default?

18. Post
    Looks like it's reverted back?

19. Post
    ooo not bad at all.
    imo browsing experience is much better. overall, well done. it's been long awaited

20. Post
    Cool, I'll pass this all along to the team I'm expecting things to be tweaked an changed over the next few months.

21. Post
    With the new site I only see 3 items on the screen, compressing items down and removing whitespace so you get to see many more items on the screen would help?
    The load more button shouldnt be there, should just load when you scroll.
    Wasnt happy with the pop up as soon as I visited. I usually just close sites that do this.

Really liking the system builder and customising of the systems. Its probably the best implementation ive seen.

Load times seem good once its loaded and cached.
    New CL site is 100x better than playtech site thats for sure.

Very clean.

edit: the whole not able to see enough items on the screen also applies to the cart, hard to review when you put a lot of items in the cart. and im using at 1920x1200 16:10 monitor.
    Last edited by Markuchi; 17th April 2019 at 9:42 am.

22. Post
    I open up the website and the first thing is a popup with PLEASE SUB FOR OUR NEWSLETTER LOLOLOL GIB US UR EMALE AND NAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111

Yeah **** off.

23. Post
    Looking smooth guys! Love it.

However, ^ is a cardinal sin.

Do not want.

24. Post
    It looks good but everything is just too big, I prefer the old look where I can see more stuff.

25. Post
    Looks good but echo the comment that it's a bit too zoomed in for lack of a better word. Only see 9 products on a page in the default view.