Results 1 to 21 of 21

  1. Post

    Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

    Read article...

  2. Post
    #2
    Still waiting for the first console that consistently does even 1080p (never mind 4k) and stable 60fps. Will this be the one?.....

  3. Post
    #3
    The architecture is also partly based on the PlayStation 4, so the system will offer backwards compatibility.
    This might do it for me.... So many good exclusives on PS4 that I haven't played because I've been Xbox this gen. If MS don't pull out something amazing, PS5 will be mine next gen

  4. Post
    #4
    MockStar wrote:
    This might do it for me.... So many good exclusives on PS4 that I haven't played because I've been Xbox this gen. If MS don't pull out something amazing, PS5 will be mine next gen
    Yep it also means most of us should be able to trade in our ps4s which will help lower the cost if the ps5 is over the magical $399 figure.

  5. Post
    #5
    Until Sony actual confirms backwards compatibility I'll hold my breath

  6. Post
    #6
    ludez wrote:
    Until Sony actual confirms backwards compatibility I'll hold my breath
    Wot? They did Mark Cerny is Sony hes the lead architect lol

  7. Post
    #7
    Valeyard wrote:
    Yep it also means most of us should be able to trade in our ps4s which will help lower the cost if the ps5 is over the magical $399 figure.
    I'm thinking $499US based on those specs.

  8. Post
    #8
    Valeyard wrote:
    Wot? They did Mark Cerny is Sony hes the lead architect lol
    Didn't read properly lol. Will they do a PS3 and pull it though

  9. Post
    #9
    I'll be preordering regardless. While I am predominantly Xbox this gen I think Sony deserves my money this time. Hoping Xbox does something a bit unique but will be more of the same I guess

  10. Post
    #10
    Xbox just lacked that big AAA story driven exclusive that Sony thrives on. I get it that fps are part xbox's DNA but even the OG xbox and 360 offered way more variety than this gen.

  11. Post
    #11
    Valeyard wrote:
    Xbox just lacked that big AAA story driven exclusive that Sony thrives on. I get it that fps are part xbox's DNA but even the OG xbox and 360 offered way more variety than this gen.
    For me it hasn't been the games so much that it's just most people I know are on PS4 and they don't play exclusives just mutliplats. And I loathe the ps controller and interface. The biggest reason for me though was simply noise, og ps4 was terrible and ps4 slim/pro are no better.

    But last of us 2 will be simply amazing.

    But if they screw this up with noise it'll be xbox again

  12. Post
    #12
    No noises issues for me personally but I guess that depends on luck and your setup.

  13. Post
    #13
    I don't get the noise argument. I'm either cranking a home theatre set up, or got headphones on - I don't hear the PS4 at all regardless.

  14. Post
    #14
    Same the noise doesn't bother me either. Maybe ludez was using an older model

  15. Post
    #15
    leopardsqueezy wrote:
    Still waiting for the first console that consistently does even 1080p (never mind 4k) and stable 60fps. Will this be the one?.....
    That's up to the developers.

    I mean the xbox 360 could render a 1080p 60fps cube.

    There are always going to be developers pushing the hardware to the limits and sacrificing frame-rate for quality image. It's just how it is.

  16. Post
    #16
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Same the noise doesn't bother me either. Maybe ludez was using an older model
    Owned every type of ps4 so far and a pro 3 times. Every console I've owned noise has been a major issue for me personally. Games like uncharted 4, horizon zero Dawn, hellblade would make the ps4 as loud as my wife's hair dryer. So much so that I could always hear it when playing with headphones. The pros are notorious for this, get questions at least 2-3 times a week if they still have noise issues at work.

  17. Post
    #17
    ludez wrote:
    Owned every type of ps4 so far and a pro 3 times. Every console I've owned noise has been a major issue for me personally. Games like uncharted 4, horizon zero Dawn, hellblade would make the ps4 as loud as my wife's hair dryer. So much so that I could always hear it when playing with headphones. The pros are notorious for this, get questions at least 2-3 times a week if they still have noise issues at work.
    i had noise issues - wasnt worried so much about the noise but sounded like the ps4 pro was going to explode, gave it a good clean out with compressed air and back to normal levels now, give it a good clean and make sure its in a reasonably open space and it's as good as gold

  18. Post
    #18
    SlayerNZ wrote:
    i had noise issues - wasnt worried so much about the noise but sounded like the ps4 pro was going to explode, gave it a good clean out with compressed air and back to normal levels now, give it a good clean and make sure its in a reasonably open space and it's as good as gold
    Pre 2018 reworked models have the issues regardless. Mine was brand new and made the noise, we get alot and I do mean a lot of complaints at work specifically for the Slim's with disk drive noise. The 2018 models are much better though not good enough in my opinion.

    I'm about 2m away from my tv setup so I'm sure that plays apart, but I've yet to hear my one x make a single noise while gaming.

    If you Google ps4 pro loud you will get 1000s of results. It's a very known issue

  19. Post
    #19
    Ive had noise issues as well. But after looking online it seems quite common. Even the reworked models aren't perfect. its just a noisy console. While the Xbox one x constantly gets praised as one of the quietest console's out there. I'll give it that. It always amazed me back on Neogaf which was one of the biggest Sony shilling forums out there that people would say their pro's were super quiet, they couldn't hear it etc. If you brought up the noise problem you were called an xbox fan boy, troll, Or say you had a faulty console and in some cases even got banned.Now over on Resetera neogaf 2.0 everyone talks about the noise issue. its telling how much people tried to cover up the noise issue.

  20. Post
    #20
    ludez wrote:
    Pre 2018 reworked models have the issues regardless. Mine was brand new and made the noise, we get alot and I do mean a lot of complaints at work specifically for the Slim's with disk drive noise. The 2018 models are much better though not good enough in my opinion.

    I'm about 2m away from my tv setup so I'm sure that plays apart, but I've yet to hear my one x make a single noise while gaming.

    If you Google ps4 pro loud you will get 1000s of results. It's a very known issue
    oh well im just speaking from my experience - ive got a launch ps4 pro and runs fine

  21. Post
    #21
    On more than one occasion since I got my PS4 I have paused my game and taken my cans off because I thought it had started raining outside - nope just the PS4 fan.