Results 1 to 22 of 22

  1. Post
    #1

    Game Pass Ultimate

    Nice to see it finally announced.



    In June 2017, we launched Xbox Game Pass – with the goal of empowering gamers all over the world to discover their next favorite game. We also wanted to use Xbox Game Pass as a platform for developers to introduce their amazing games to millions of new people. From the beginning, the service was built based on input from gamers and we’re always listening to fan feedback. Xbox Game Pass offers a curated library of over 100 great games, available to download and play at full fidelity, for one low–monthly price. Since launch, we’ve continued to add more diverse titles to the library, including new games from Xbox Game Studios and ID@Xbox partners the same day they release.

    Your feedback directly contributes to the evolution of Xbox Game Pass – thank you for taking the time to help us continually improve the service. A top request you have shared from day one is to provide an option to get Xbox Game Pass and the most advanced multiplayer network, Xbox Live Gold, in a single membership.

    We heard you. Today, we’re excited to announce Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. Xbox Game Pass Ultimate will include all of the benefits of Xbox Live Gold with Xbox Game Pass. That means the full Xbox Game Pass library of over 100 high quality games, and Xbox Live Gold online multiplayer, in one convenient membership for $14.99 a month. With Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, gamers will be able to play together on the most-advanced multiplayer network and discover their next favorite game.

    Starting today, we’re inviting a limited number of our Xbox Insider community members to join and test Xbox Game Pass Ultimate before it launches later this year in current Xbox Game Pass markets.

    We look forward to your feedback and to bringing our members even more choice with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate this year and beyond.
    https://majornelson.com/2019/04/16/i...ter-this-year/

  2. Post
    #2
    I think this is a better deal overall. Might get me more interested in signing back up to gold when it becomes live.

  3. Post
    #3
    So best value in gaming just got better?

    Sign me up

  4. Post
    #4
    Pennywiser NZ wrote:
    So best value in gaming just got better?

    Sign me up
    It trust is insane value.

  5. Post
    #5
    I've got 2 years of gamepass on my account, otherwise I'd be super keen on this instead

  6. Post
    #6
    A good hustle to sucker in fools and the ignorant. Xbox Live online play is free on every platform EXCEPT Xbox consoles.

  7. Post
    #7
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    A good hustle to sucker in fools and the ignorant.

    So you preordered yours then?

  8. Post
    #8
    Pennywiser NZ wrote:
    So best value in gaming just got better?

    Sign me up
    It's exactly the same price if you buy them seperately in 12 month blocks, btw, $180/year. Often the seperate subs are also a lot less since you can pick up some deals on Black Friday.

  9. Post
    #9
    GiantMartianTripod wrote:
    So you preordered yours then?
    Awww, you're deflecting because my insult hit close to home for you.

  10. Post
    #10
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Awww, you're deflecting because my insult hit close to home for you.
    Nah, I just replied because.

    Then again maybe I'm being the asshole here and it's normal behavior for people like you to come onto threads and insult everyone with your logic, what do you think? Is it normal, or is what you did just the actions of a sad wee man trolling away because he's not that happy in his own life so he wants to come and bring everyone else down as well? Actually the more I think about it the more I feel kind of sad for you.

    Do you even own an Xbox or are you so pathetic that you just come onto the Xbox section to troll?
    Last edited by ludez; 24th April 2019 at 7:17 pm.

  11. Post
    #11
    So you're okay with online play being free on every Xbox Live online capable device EXCEPT Xbox consoles then? Microsoft are swindling their console playerbase by toll-gating content which they already own and seemingly getting away with it scot-free.

    I own a oXbox, Xbox 360. I own a handful of current gen MS first party titles too... which I play on PC.

    Now do you want to have actually a conversation or just continue to be butthurt?

  12. Post
    #12
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    A good hustle to sucker in fools and the ignorant. Xbox Live online play is free on every platform EXCEPT Xbox consoles.
    Is online free on PlayStation? Nintendo?

  13. Post
    #13
    Keep it civil please.

  14. Post
    #14
    ludez wrote:
    Is online free on PlayStation? Nintendo?
    What-about-isms. I don't pay for those either.

    Xbox console players and PC players can play the exact same games, on the exact same service, in the very same matches. The only difference is PC players don't have to pay. Do you feel that this is right?

  15. Post
    #15
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    What-about-isms. I don't pay for those either.

    Xbox console players and PC players can play the exact same games, on the exact same service, in the very same matches. The only difference is PC players don't have to pay. Do you feel that this is right?
    I don't mind at all. I pay for ps+, Xbox live, Netflix,prime,neon etc. Just because it's free on other platforms because they are trying to add another service system doesn't bother me in the slightest.

  16. Post
    #16
    Can you possibly imagine that huge crying and bitching if ms did charge for online on PC!. The outrage from angry pc gamers would be overwhelming, just look at the salt lakes that have risen after epic store announcements.

  17. Post
    #17
    Meanwhile console gamers are happy to get ass-raped on the regular and will defend the companies doing so.

    I will happily pay for services with genuine value. Eg Twitch Prime where I get "lucky dip" games which I keep forever + Prime Video, etc benefits on other Amazon services. Not just a shitty rental to trick people that they're getting some value from the paid online hustle.

    Xbox Game Pass on the other hand is a terrific deal. I'll be subbing to that for 1 month to rent Gears 5 and Halo Infinite upon release, play the campaigns and then move on.

  18. Post
    #18
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    So you're okay with online play being free on every Xbox Live online capable device EXCEPT Xbox consoles then? Microsoft are swindling their console playerbase by toll-gating content which they already own and seemingly getting away with it scot-free.

    I own a oXbox, Xbox 360. I own a handful of current gen MS first party titles too... which I play on PC.

    Now do you want to have actually a conversation or just continue to be butthurt?
    Just because your platform of choice doesn't require a paid sub and ours does doesn't make us ignorant or foolish.

    You admitted that you don't even own a current gen Xbox so why are you even here commenting in a Xbox One specific thread? What value does your input in this thread have? Do you think your words are going to make people ditch their consoles and go out and buy gaming PC's tomorrow or something? lol

    You are a shining example of what ignorance is.

  19. Post
    #19
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Meanwhile console gamers are happy to get ass-raped on the regular and will defend the companies doing so.

    I will happily pay for services with genuine value. Eg Twitch Prime where I get "lucky dip" games which I keep forever + Prime Video, etc benefits on other Amazon services. Not just a shitty rental to trick people that they're getting some value from the paid online hustle.

    Xbox Game Pass on the other hand is a terrific deal. I'll be subbing to that for 1 month to rent Gears 5 and Halo Infinite upon release, play the campaigns and then move on.
    I only recommend game pass when it's $1 lol, that's because I'm a cheap ass but even at $10.95 for 1 month it's an insane deal anyway you look at it.

    I hate live and ps+ but I learn to live with them now, the games on both are usually mediocre and at least ps+ let's people play fortnite for free where as live you have to pay.... Pretty shitty on that front.

  20. Post
    #20
    ludez wrote:
    Can you possibly imagine that huge crying and bitching if ms did charge for online on PC!. The outrage from angry pc gamers would be overwhelming, just look at the salt lakes that have risen after epic store announcements.
    They actually did charge at first. It was part of the XBL gold paid sub.

    I do love this quote though...

    When asked about how Microsoft expects Xbox Live gamers to respond now that the equivalent service on Windows is free, Unangst explained that the value of the two similar services was different for each audience. "It's all a part of that philosophy of designing what's best for each of our customers. On the Windows side, we're meeting the demand of the PC gaming audience," said Unangst. "But we're also adding more and more value for Xbox Live Gold with things like NetFlix integration, party chat, and so on. That's more and more value for what is already a very good deal. I'm an Xbox Live Gold Subscriber, I pay my monthly fee—what's it, $5 bucks a month? Now you get the same kind of value for the Windows. They are linked, but they are distinct services."
    Now that "Netflix integration" and party chat are free on both platforms, can XBL gold be free now plz?

  21. Post
    #21
    I like my Xbox and I'm comfortable paying $10 for live & $11 for GamePass per month.

  22. Post
    #22
    GiantMartianTripod wrote:
    Just because your platform of choice doesn't require a paid sub and ours does doesn't make us ignorant or foolish.
    Ignorance = uninformed on the matter. If one doesn't know any better then that's ignorance, that is fine. If you know there's better deals out there yet you're still choosing to eat shit then yes, I do consider you to be a fool. It's their money, they can do what they want with it, but they're aren't above criticism.

    Planting the seed that the status quo for Xbox console owners is shitty and that they should demand better. Criticising shitty business decisions that negatively affect the consumer.Those are more fruitful contribution to discussion than your butthurtness.

    Xbox is a software ecosystem, I have spent money hundreds of dollars in that ecosystem. I am their customer, I'll criticise them all that I like.