Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Post
    Strangely it's usually more expensive to buy digital copies then it is Physical, especially for games that are out of the spot light and publishers don't care about putting them on sale any more.

2. Post
    Also with licensing etc. it isn't uncommon for games to suddenly disappear from the digital store...

3. Post
    huangco32 wrote:
    A site by the name of prodirectshoes has a great variety of sports shoes that you can check out.
    Thanks dude, I enjoy a good spots shoe now and again.

4. Post
    KATYNIRA wrote:
    This is going to be a huge fail. Yes the games are decent, but you can regularly pickup game pass for $1 and live for $1. $370 nzd and you have no option of returning a game if you don't like it, or trading/selling it. You can buy a new 1tb for usually around $399
    Want to try this again but in english?

5. Post
    You haven't recovered from your previous thoughtless comments and already you're snapping jaws at the small fish

6. Post
    Sin^ wrote:
    You haven't recovered from your previous thoughtless comments and already you're snapping jaws at the small fish
    No I'm good, all I hear is kids whinging about price.

7. Post
    KATYNIRA wrote:
    This is going to be a huge fail. Yes the games are decent, but you can regularly pickup game pass for $1 and live for $1. $370 nzd and you have no option of returning a game if you don't like it, or trading/selling it. You Dafont 192.168.l.l FileHippo can buy a new 1tb for usually around $399
    This is going to be a huge fail. Yes the games are decent, but you can regularly pickup game pass for $1 and live for $1. $370 nzd and you have no option of returning a game if you don't like it, or trading/selling it. You can buy a new 1tb for usually around $399

8. Post
    Estumas wrote:
    Attachment 225898

Just keep forcing it Microsoft... one day maybe that will fit.
    1. SAD Edition is just another option.

2. Physical media is dying, game consoles in general too albeit slower. MS embracing digital games, cross-platform purchasing, cross-progression, cross-play MP, subscription services, game streaming to any device now rather than later is the right move IMO.

Eventually game consoles will just be glorified streaming boxes.

9. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    As long as pricing for markets outside the USA stays as it is, this won't happen. Sony and Microsoft's global divisions give no shits about price parity between their online marketplaces and traditional stores. Hell, Sony went one step further and stopped downloadable codes for games to ensure that PSN and gift vouchers are the only way to buy games digitally.

Streaming can't be relied upon either, for new releases it's constrained to first party titles, for the most part. People aren't going to tolerate a dozen different publishers each with their own streaming service when they can just buy the games they want for a cheaper overall price and keep them.

10. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    1. SAD Edition is just another option.

2. Physical media is dying, game consoles in general too albeit slower. MS embracing digital games, cross-platform purchasing, cross-progression, cross-play MP, subscription services, game streaming to any device now rather than later is the right move IMO.

You're contradicting yourself Eva... saying SAD edition is "another option" then say consoles will become glorified streaming boxes. Youre missing bigger points here if thats what you want to point out the future with your post.

If Microsoft gets this the way they've been trying since before the XB1 launch, then on your path ALL platforms will become streaming platforms - PC included - because there becomes less of a need for different platforms at all if you can stream them from source. Or even worse you'll end up with Netflix streaming issue and have to start buying streaming boxes from every major developer, whuch BURN_BABY said before I would have... Want to play that next Assassins Creed... you don't buy Microsoft thing, or Stream from Sony, you buy a UbiPlay box.

And thats assuming the entire world markets can even provide bandwidth for that demand... might work well in Japan, major cities in the US, some of Europe... but there are massive holes in infrascture even Google currently cant fix like they've been trying to and messed horribly and quit in the USA.

Physical media is dropping but it will only dying if people actually let it. Physical demands create resurgence without death knells if people like it or have no better options. Try telling that to the vinyl record market, or directors who still choose to shoot on film, and especially in this case people who preserve old games - the latter which only works if you have an actual copy to begin with.

Oh.... And the PC modding community... a digital future with focused on more streaming from source like you imply... thats gone too. I don't see the modding community putting up with that either.

People should be focused on providing variety and the SAD is certainly fine as option if thats what Microsoft was actually doing here, rather they're focused on the same thing they announced pre XB1. More tools in the box are fine, but this all about taking more and more away, forcing a peg in that doesnt fit to serve a fruitless goal.

11. Post
    Estumas wrote:
    You're contradicting yourself Eva... saying SAD edition is "another option" then say consoles will become glorified streaming boxes.
    Contradiction? SAD Edition is another if you're in the market for a Xbox One. There's two other XB1 SKUs on the market. "Xbox Two" will have similar options, i.e. codenames Lockhart and Anaconda. "Xbox Three" and beyond will be the wildcards.

Estumas wrote:
    If Microsoft gets this the way they've been trying since before the XB1 launch, then on your path ALL platforms will become streaming platforms - PC included - because there becomes less of a need for different platforms at all if you can stream them from source. Or even worse you'll end up with Netflix streaming issue and have to start buying streaming boxes from every major developer, whuch BURN_BABY said before I would have... Want to play that next Assassins Creed... you don't buy Microsoft thing, or Stream from Sony, you buy a UbiPlay box. .
    This is only relevant if you only care about AAA bullshit. AA and the indie market will persist on PC.

Oh please with notion of buying having to buy multiple streaming boxes. They will be SOFTWARE, i.e. apps for your smart TV, smartphone, tablet, PC, etc. Dedicated gaming streaming boxes would be options for core console gamers, i.e. Stadia.

And thats assuming the entire world markets can even provide bandwidth for that demand... might work well in Japan, major cities in the US, some of Europe... but there are massive holes in infrascture even Google currently cant fix like they've been trying to and messed horribly and quit in the USA.
    Streaming being the mainstream norm obviously won't happen over night but it will happen.

Oh.... And the PC modding community... a digital future with focused on more streaming from source like you imply... thats gone too. I don't see the modding community putting up with that either.
    Core PC gaming market will persist, as will modding. Home consoles as we know them will die, maybe even Nintendo's offerings.

F*ck AAA and consoles, the games I clock the most hours are in usually made by teams of less than a half-dozen people, mostly skinned spreadsheet simulators. My most anticipated game is probably Idol Manager (once there's a good k-pop mod!). Also I have a backlog to last me until my dying breath.

AAA games have been getting progressively shittier too. I probably spent more hours over the past year playing Doom 2 mods than most other shooters (besides Far Cries). Eg no stealth game to this very day is as good as Thief 2.

People should be focused on providing variety and the SAD is certainly fine as option if thats what Microsoft was actually doing here, rather they're focused on the same thing they announced pre XB1. More tools in the box are fine, but this all about taking more and more away, forcing a peg in that doesnt fit to serve a fruitless goal.
    They were far less consumer friendly the first time around (i.e. E3 2013 Xb1 console launch plans). Eg demanding online check-in DRM. They wanted to go the PC market online route but they didn't learn any lessons from Valve on how to win over customers. Unlike Don Matrick, Phil Spencer is a gamer, he knows what he's doing.
    Last edited by EvaUnit02; 26th April 2019 at 8:11 am.

12. Post
    This is all great Eva, but it's purely all your own personal conjecture. You might not like AAA titles much anymore, but clearly you - and even I - aren't the only market out there. And you're missing the point still. I might not agree and you might not like AAA, but the simple fact we are talking about a company forcing a lack of choice rather than providing more options. That's fact.

I enjoy the fact you mention MS not learning from Steam... Steam didn't learn from Steam. A solid grasp on the marketplace doesn't help developers, AAA or Indie, maximize returns or even reinvest in new games. The Epic store debacle Steam currently finds itself again shows you what happens when you start getting this sort of thing happening, and the user base either embraces or revolts against or for a monopoly. However simply put though a variety of choices are always better for consumers, companies, and everyone in the long run. Not to mention once that monopoly happens you can increase your controls for such things as DRM because there is less competition.

You balk at the idea of various companies making platforms, at the same time Steam tried this already and Google and Amazon both are getting into this... and Microsoft is planning basically the same thing? Are you really that silly not to notice what this is. Google and Amazon aren't just doing this to provide platforms for other developers, their long term goals will be to create content themselves and hopefully dominate future gaming with a platform that beats all others. And yeah, it's software - for streaming that same content to other platforms as well as the boxes provided. And developers big enough will definitely look to maximize their profits by investing into the same thing themselves if it looks like it will provide more profits.

It's like when everyone was saying the first time that MS plan for providing digital only was going to provide cheaper games overall. It's entirely incorrect, when there is compacted monopoly providing you all the content - digital or streaming - when it's the only game in town you have to pay what they set if you want to play at all. And people wonder why Epic's deal for all developers is so appealing? Money.

And you're entirely wrong that it won't impact PC, or developers of all sizes for that reason. You have to go where the people are and profits can be made. This works in either a monopoly or splintering of the platforms. But either way there isn't positive outcomes either way if you lose competition, lose consumer choice on ownership, lose consumer choice on platforms.