Page 1 of 2 12 Last
Results 1 to 25 of 29

  1. Post
    #1

    Mortal Kombat 11

    ...is looking pretty awesome. No one else hyped for this?



    That klassic theme song. 4 days away from release date.

  2. Post
    #2
    Honestly, not really

  3. Post
    #3
    Looks awesome but in no real rush to get it. WIll def get it eventually.

  4. Post
    #4
    I'll buy the complete version in 2-3 years when it's $10-15 for the story campaign.

  5. Post
    #5
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    I'll buy the complete version in 2-3 years when it's $10-15 for the story campaign.
    you may as well just watch it on youtube.

  6. Post
    #6
    I;m hyped, shit at the game but always fun to play. Pre-ordered on PC!

  7. Post
    #7
    I don't think I've bought an full-priced MK game since Trilogy on the PSX.

  8. Post
    #8
    JRS wrote:
    you may as well just watch it on youtube.
    I'm not a gaming journalist. If I want to experience a game then I actually play them.

  9. Post
    #9
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    I'm not a gaming journalist. If I want to experience a game then I actually play them.
    Wut?

    I'm interested in the story, but not memorising a hojillion moves like it's the 1990s.

    I'll do what JRS suggested and watch the cut scenes on YT like I did with the past MKs, and Injustice games.

  10. Post
    #10
    I see the Jax Briggs Klassic Tower Ending has been leaked, SJW wokeness confirmed.


  11. Post
    #11
    Wakana Forever!


  12. Post
    #12
    Reportedly the unlock progression is grindy as f*ck and tied to always online DRM. NRS will patch it to make it less grindy apparently but you know they did this on purpose just to see what they could get away with. Actual gamers are raking this game over the coals for its monetisation.

    Warner Bros are one of the the scummiest publishers around but nearly everyone overlooks them because they're distracted by EA and Activision. At least their games end up in the deep discount bin after a short amount of time.
    Last edited by EvaUnit02; 24th April 2019 at 12:07 pm.

  13. Post
    #13
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Reportedly the unlock progression is grindy as f*ck and tied to always online DRM. NRS will patch it to make it less grindy apparently but you know they did this on purpose just see what they could get away with. Actual gamers are raking this game over the coals for its monetisation.

    Warner Bros are one of the the scummiest publishers around but nearly everyone overlooks them because they're distracted by EA and Activision. At least their games end up in the deep discount bin after a short amount of time.
    Bingo, they've announced an inbound hot fix/patch to address it already https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/bggiq6/edoon_on_mk_11_grindtowers_we_have_a_hot/.

    Farkin shady tactics alright. I'll be giving this a hard pass might grab it from a bargain box in a year or two (or maybe a lot sooner reading some of the backlash already about it lol).

  14. Post
    #14
    Yeah a pass from me as well. Not supporting this shit.

  15. Post
    #15
    ^Same, Klassic tower endings are up.
    Mortal Kombat 11 - All Characters Endings (Klassic Tower):

  16. Post
    #16
    I'm gonna put down a few thoughts after playing this since it came out on PS4.

    I'm enjoying the game so far, it plays quite well and I like the increased focus on footsies. I'm not 100% sold on the fatal blow mechanic yet.

    It looks amazing on PS4. The faces in Injustice 2 were some weird uncanny valley shit but these characters look great in cutscenes.

    Regarding the grind, I haven't really noticed it. I seem to be getting a lot of currency just for playing the game and unlocking outfits for doing towers and tutorials. I have no doubt it exists but everything you need in the game is there when you load the game up for the first time. The only use I can see for in-game currency is cosmetics, I can't see anything gameplay related locked behind in-game or real currency. I could be wrong though, I haven't read anything online or watched any reviews yet.

    As for always online, the main issue I can see so far is that the game is being updated via hotfixes which need to be validated online. So I'm watching Wednesday Night Fights tournament on www.twitch.tv/leveluplive at the moment and they don't have the day 1 changes because the consoles aren't online I'm assuming those hotfixes will be rolled into a future patch.

    I've been playing towers and online so far, online is pretty solid. I need to learn how to disable hearing other peoples mics or I might lose my mind though

    If you are into fighting games or just Mortal Kombat it's a good game with lots of modes and good online. If you just want to play the story mode and have matches and beers with friends on a Friday night then yeah, wait for the inevitable Komplete Edition in 12 months.

    It looks like the PC version is a complete trainwreck.

    I still have no idea why I can't be in training or towers and accept online matches though, I hate this about NRS games. Also I can't believe that the two tournament character variations are not the two default variations for each character. It's really annoying having to set up variations for training etc that match the tournament variations

  17. Post
    #17
    RE: Burqa Kombat 11.

    Razorfist makes the great point that Ed Boon has become the moral busybodies that he fought against in the 1990s.


  18. Post
    #18
    Ahh Eva 'the only point I make is through obscure YouTube videos that no-one will ever watch or cares about' Unit.

  19. Post
    #19
    Grifty wrote:
    Ahh Eva 'the only point I make is through obscure YouTube videos that no-one will ever watch or cares about' Unit.
    Just look at all the comments on the video. So many neckbeards upset big titties and skimpy outfits aren't in their face anymore.

    The one thing everyone complains about and I agree with is Ronda Rousey. Her delivery is so flat. She feels out of place just like her appearance in Fast and Furious 7

  20. Post
    #20
    Grifty wrote:
    Ahh Eva 'the only point I make is through obscure YouTube videos that no-one will ever watch or cares about' Unit.
    The fact that you have nothing but ad hominem shows that you have no legitimate rebuttal. It's amusing that I live rent free in your head.

  21. Post
    #21
    seems like not the best studio to work for https://www.pcgamer.com/former-devs-...kombat-studio/

  22. Post
    #22
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    The fact that you have nothing but ad hominem shows that you have no legitimate rebuttal. It's amusing that I live rent free in your head.
    A rebuttal to what? I don't even know what the point is you're trying to make because you didn't add anything. You posted a YT video.

    I'm not going to sit through a YT video because you're too lazy to say something. But I can guess it's some kind of 'controversy' that no-one cares about.

  23. Post
    #23
    Razorfist is an alt reich Trump-loving douche, you are wise to skip it.

  24. Post
    #24
    Grifty wrote:
    A rebuttal to what? I don't even know what the point is you're trying to make because you didn't add anything. You posted a YT video.

    I'm not going to sit through a YT video because you're too lazy to say something. But I can guess it's some kind of 'controversy' that no-one cares about.
    Are you able to read? The point is Ed Boon, co-creator and current producer of MK, has become what he fought against - a puritanical, pro-censorship moral busybody. Mortal Kombat in the early 90s triggered outrage mongering over violence influencing children from the likes of evangelical Christians and trad-cons. It caused the American videogame industry to almost have government regulation. This lead to the creation of the ESRB.



    Now Boon is covering the female characters of MK like he's a Victorian era puritan. The returning female fighters have next to none of their klassic outfits from MK3-MK9, meanwhile most of the male characters do. The males are highly sexualised, many of the outfits look like grimdark fantasy Chippendales attire.

    It's better not to have any censorship but if you're going to do it then have some consistency. If you're going to apply puritanical censorship then apply it across the board.

    It's a slippery slope, bro. By caving to censorship of sexual depictions they'll be coming for violence next. By kowtowing to far-left activism/censors like Sarkeesian the old anti-violence, tradcon moral busybodies are seeing that the gaming industry is vulnerable so they're out for blood again. Old slain enemies like Jack Thompson have been coming out the woodwork.
    https://nichegamer.com/2019/01/06/ja...t-video-games/

    S.E.D. wrote:
    Razorfist is an alt reich Trump-loving douche, you are wise to skip it.
    Oh look, again ad hominem smears without addressing anything actually being said. "Everyone l disagree with politically is literally a nazi."

    You claim that Razorfist is a nazi? Provide the receipts.
    Last edited by EvaUnit02; 1st May 2019 at 4:23 am.

  25. Post
    #25
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    ...TLDR;...
    EvaUnit02 Wins! ......Boredality!