Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. Question

Will Spark RWC coverage be good?

Sky sport has arguably the best rugby coverage there is. From cameramen, directors and commentators. We see it when we're forced to watch games from other providers (like games in England. commentated by people who will only talk about the home team).

Spark has a huge challenge here to provide the same level of knowledgeable commentary that Sky delivers. Given that they'll be just getting the video direction by some other provider.

I know Scotty Stevenson has joined, but I wonder who else will be delivering us the commentary. Such an essential part of armchair viewing.

I guess we'll wait and see who the commentary team will be, but if they're shit then the whole RWC coverage will be crappier than we're used to. And that would suck.

2. Post
    It'll be what you get when you take the lowest bid.

Like the Wellington bus service, from what I hear.

3. Post
    Agree! Less worried about commentators and more about quality of service!

- - - Updated - - -

Zarkov wrote:

And schools - hence them all leaking

4. Post
    Zarkov wrote:

As user user of the Wellington bus system, I hear you!

5. Post
    The Auckland bus system suffers from a similar problem to the Wellington one too, but not on such a frequent basis probably. But like the matter of the RWC commentary, we have little control over it. At least there's the mute button if the commentary is not up to scratch

6. Post
    I'm guessing the cameras and what not will be the local service in Japan? I always thought that was the case with overseas games then local commentators over the top.

7. Post
    They just need to bring in Keith Quinn and all will be well...

Otherwise there is always the radio commentary.

8. Post
    Just signed up for RWC, it's 59.99 for the whole tournament if you sign up in May.

Nothing to live stream yet, but they've got some old games in there.

9. Post
    I am still suspect.

10. Post
    Kodi is a good option, will have to put up with UK commentators, but they at least have guest commentators like Sean Fitzpatrick.

I see that TV 1. have 12 matches, delayed coverage of all the ABs pool matches & quarter-finals... with live coverage of the semi-finals & final.

11. Post
    koldz wrote:
    Just signed up for RWC, it's 59.99 for the whole tournament if you sign up in May.

Nothing to live stream yet, but they've got some old games in there.
    Sorry for a stink question but you mentioned streaming - so it will be on the spark website and you sign in to stream it?

I will sign up this weekend $60 is ok I guess.

12. Post
    NZ rugby commentators are poor anyway, so it's not like there's much to live up to.

They should hire Andrew Voss to do it.

13. Post
    Yeah, our commentators are pretty bloody poor, that's down to the idiots that select them, we need a panel that actually know what they're doing so they select the best people we can get... need commentators with insight, pointless them saying a lot of stuff we already know.

why the hell is Dinosaur Nisbett still there, he's always getting the players names wrong etc, the bloke should've retired years ago.

14. Post
    I have signed up.

Ten days until it goes up by $20.

15. Post
    just got the email of getting a 12 month contract for the 200/20 unlimited fibre and the RWC pass is thrown in

16. Post
    Anyone watch the live stream annoucement? Was fine for me, only some reductions in quality but that may have been my connection. Obviously not as much viewers as a game though but was pleased it went well

17. Post
    koldz wrote:
    only some reductions in quality
    I would be worried about this if I were you...

18. Post
    brand wrote:
    I would be worried about this if I were you...
    I think everyone is worried

Was just a brief dip in quality (like youtube does) then went back to normal - I have Fibre and YouTube sometimes does the same thing

19. Post
    Was looking for a voucher to re-sub to Kayo in time for the World Cup and came across this:

https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/474189

Pretty much set up an easybet.com.au account (can use fake details)
    Gives a link for 3 months free Kayo basic
    Either set up new Kayo account or apply to existing account

Apparently it was supposed to expire end of July but has been extended so i would suggest getting in quick.
    Is also apparently 3 x 1month passes, so do not cancel in the first month wait until the 3rd month to cancel or the other 2 months will not be added to the account

If you do not have a Kayo account to set up you need an Australian phone number and content is geo-blocked to Australia etc

20. Post
    Can you share?

21. Post
    jords wrote:
    Can you share?
    What do you mean?

The basic package allows two screens to be used at once, so yes i guess you could share the account with someone

22. Post
    Damn I'd snap this up but no Aussie number I can use

23. Post
    The source stream is in 8K.

But I'm sure spark will f**k it up.

24. Post
    ludez wrote:
    Damn I'd snap this up but no Aussie number I can use
    Yeah that's the trickiest part. I borrowed a mates number from over there and he just forwarded me the activation code.

I haven't been able to remove the phone number off the account though so hopefully he's not getting spam texts from them.

Sent from my ONE A2001 using Tapatalk

25. Post
    Sarcon wrote:
    What do you mean?

The basic package allows two screens to be used at once, so yes i guess you could share the account with someone
    Can you please link? I have been told no.