Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

1. Post

WoW Classic Hype thread

Who's excited for this? I am!

2. Post
    Not really eh....just be a massive grindfest prob. The nostalgia will wear off super fast for me.

3. Post
    rolling orc/ud rogue just to pvp menethil harbour/lakeshire

4. Post
    spoot wrote:
    Not really eh....just be a massive grindfest prob. The nostalgia will wear off super fast for me.
    Don't kid yourself buddy you'll be there with every class at 60 in no time!

5. Post
    I already played the crap out of it when it was a thing. I don't want to repeat that.

6. Post
    It's going to be super fun!

7. Post
    I am quite excited for this, as vanilla was the best, along with BC and LK.

Either I relive my Day 1 Warlock again, or make a Hunter for pvp and bow quest xD
    Or a Warrior (which I played through legion and loved tanking)

8. Post
    Hrm, i've closed the book on my MMO participation. Hope it works though, what i would like to see are kids who never played vanilla get into it, experience 40 man

9. Post
    27/08/19 release date announced.

10. Post
    Closed beta being streamed by a few on twitch its taken wow back to the number one spot on twitch.

11. Post
    From reddit:

It won't succeed because what most people truly want deep down is to be 15 again (or whatever age they were back then), carefree, with lots of time to spare, young and happy, without any real world responsibilities. Needless to say, your childhood will not be included in the retail product, nor will it be patched in at a later date.

12. Post
    Must be fact then!

13. Post
    I've already put in 4 weeks holidays for this, lol.

14. Post
    It will be the first time I resubbed since cata and no not nostalgia since I never played it on retail before, only private servers I came in around WOTLK.

15. Post
    I'm gonna give it a try, a lot of people on twitch seem to be loving the beta, will be even more hype when everyone can join in.

Even if we are blinded by nostalgia, STV and BRM will give me plenty of entertainment.

dragunks wrote:
    I've already put in 4 weeks holidays for this, lol.
    Get in there!

teelo7 wrote:
    From reddit:

It won't succeed because what most people truly want deep down is to be 15 again (or whatever age they were back then), carefree, with lots of time to spare, young and happy, without any real world responsibilities. Needless to say, your childhood will not be included in the retail product, nor will it be patched in at a later date.
    Half of the people I played with in 2004-2008 were in their 20's & 30's with a full time job, and were having at least as much fun as I was - that's such a stupid argument.

16. Post
    My only thing was when people realise how long it takes to get to 60. I played on a private server for a while and it was boring, albeit I was alone.

Also a time when PVE ruled PVP, and also they actually put effort into creating the tiered armour sets. Bloodfang still the best.

17. Post
    Watching it on the stream seems seriously yawnfest...

18. Post
    sounds like vanilla to me

19. Post
    Yeah after BFA it just seems like so much effort lol.

BFA is great for my casual alt whoring

20. Post
    Got a beta invite today!

21. Post
    I'm guessing you have to be subbed to be eligible for the beta?

22. Post
    Not sure? Turns out it was just a stress test invite. So only 1 day and to level 5. Not sure if i'll bother

23. Post
    I hope not, but I'm still waiting

I know you have to have an active sub to be able to log on Classic on August 12th to be able to make up to 3 toons to book your nickname

24. Post
    enigMa wrote:
    Half of the people I played with in 2004-2008 were in their 20's & 30's with a full time job, and were having at least as much fun as I was - that's such a stupid argument.
    I think the point is that nostalgia is just that - nostalgia; you can't re-live it because the context of your life is now different.

25. Post
    Pulley wrote:
    My only thing was when people realise how long it takes to get to 60. I played on a private server for a while and it was boring, albeit I was alone.

Also a time when PVE ruled PVP, and also they actually put effort into creating the tiered armour sets. Bloodfang still the best.
    Valeo wrote:
    I think the point is that nostalgia is just that - nostalgia; you can't re-live it because the context of your life is now different.
    Doesn't mean the older game is not fun now