Results 1 to 12 of 12

  1. Post

    Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

    Read article...

  2. Post
    #2
    136mb patch is sizeable?

  3. Post
    #3
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    136mb patch is sizeable?
    It is with my rural internet :/

  4. Thumbs up
    #4
    Astronug wrote:
    It is with my rural internet :/
    Haha, fair call!

  5. Post
    #5
    Bend are going hard on the patches, good cats!

    Can't help but feel this game has gotten the raw deal from so many media outlets, good to see the devs supporting the game and continuing to improve what is, I reckon, a bloody good romp.

  6. Post
    #6
    IST wrote:
    Can't help but feel this game has gotten the raw deal from so many media outlets, good to see the devs supporting the game and continuing to improve what is, I reckon, a bloody good romp.
    Yeah, it's great to see them fixing some of the bigger issues promptly. Despite all of the problems, I had a really fun time with the game and definitely think it's getting criticised a bit too hard by most main-stream media. I'd even be willing to bump my review score up a bit once/if the issues get ironed out.

  7. Post
    #7
    ^ Largely agree with that (and what IST said).

    I feel that if this was a Rockstar game, it'd be getting a ton of praise. Now I love Rockstar, GTA, RDR2, and I'm sure that it would have more polish, but it really feels like critics and gamers are being overly hard on the title. There's a lot to like here, a few things to love, some not-so-good elements, but as I said elsewhere, I think it's more than the sum of its parts.

  8. Post
    #8
    Astronug wrote:
    Yeah, it's great to see them fixing some of the bigger issues promptly. Despite all of the problems, I had a really fun time with the game and definitely think it's getting criticised a bit too hard by most main-stream media. I'd even be willing to bump my review score up a bit once/if the issues get ironed out.
    That is an awesome stance to take: I often feel scores should take on changes (good and bad) like patches and free dlc, it's often a thankless task and a more dynamic style of scoring is pretty rad if you ask me.

    One thing that shows through to me is the true heart and soul that has been poured into into the game, you can just feel it in all of the little details, story and ideas put forward.

    They may have slightly bitten off more than they could chew in some areas, but it's a really great experience in a holistic sense: it has something that makes me keep coming back, I'm quite addicted to this adventure.

    Kind of reminds me of Divinity 2: Dragon Knight Saga oddly, an overlooked openish world RPG that had real heart...and look what Larian are achieving now...masters of their art.

    Bend, keep doing your thing, you got this



    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  9. Post
    #9
    Frederick James wrote:
    There's a lot to like here, a few things to love, some not-so-good elements, but as I said elsewhere, I think it's more than the sum of its parts.
    Couldn't agree more

  10. Post
    #10
    IST wrote:
    One thing that shows through to me is the true heart and soul that has been poured into into the game, you can just feel it in all of the little details, story and ideas put forward.

    They may have slightly bitten off more than they could chew in some areas, but it's a really great experience in a holistic sense: it has something that makes me keep coming back, I'm quite addicted to this adventure.

    Kind of reminds me of Divinity 2: Dragon Knight Saga oddly, an overlooked openish world RPG that had real heart...and look what Larian are achieving now...masters of their art.

    Bend, keep doing your thing, you got this
    Oh man yeah, the game really does feel like it was crafted by a truly passionate team of people. I've seen the story getting a heap of criticism too, but it hit all the right beats for me and kept me playing many a late night to see how Deacons story played out.

    I'm so glad to see the majority of players looking past the critical reception and making up their own minds. I have very high hopes for a potential sequel as it's a solid foundation to build on.

  11. Post
    #11
    This is now the "Bend / Days Gone Appreciation Thread" - no haters!

    Amending a review score based on patches and updates that address issues that caused the game to be marked down in the first instance, seems a fair and reasonable course of action.

    Don't get me wrong - games shouldn't be released broken or unfinished. But if they are, reviewers have an obligation, in my view, to their readers, to provide an accurate account of the game in its current state (like if patches address issues raised in the review).

    It's a great attitude Astronug, to be commended.

  12. Post
    #12
    Frederick James wrote:
    This is now the "Bend / Days Gone Appreciation Thread" - no haters!

    Amending a review score based on patches and updates that address issues that caused the game to be marked down in the first instance, seems a fair and reasonable course of action.

    Don't get me wrong - games shouldn't be released broken or unfinished. But if they are, reviewers have an obligation, in my view, to their readers, to provide an accurate account of the game in its current state (like if patches address issues raised in the review).

    It's a great attitude Astronug, to be commended.
    Cheers Frederick

    For me personally, the only reason it didn't score higher was the technical problems, so it would be unfair to everyone for me not to update my review if they sort them out.

    When the game is running smoothly, it's absolutely breathtaking to look at. I just hope it does well enough for us to see Days Gone 2 on the PS5 with none of the current techncal limitations of the current aging hardware.