1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    So glad I didnt pay full price for this. $20 via ea access was a pretty good deal.

3. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    So glad I didnt pay full price for this. $20 via ea access was a pretty good deal.
    So glad I haven't bought this...

4. Post
    lol they should just accept the fact that this was yet another flop in a long line of flops from EA

5. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    lol they should just accept the fact that this was yet another flop in a long line of flops from EA
    Please explain? How so

6. Post
    jords wrote:
    Please explain? How so
    Name the last EA game that was a commercial & critical success apart from Apex in the last couple of years? Anthem flopped, BFV flopped, SWBF2 flopped, ME:A flopped etc etc. And by flopped I also mean the critical reception not just how much money they made.

TF2 was the last great SP game I can remember from them but that they ****ed up releasing it between BF1 & whatever CoD game it was so ended up bombing financially.

EA is trash tier these days along with Bethesda. Even Ubisoft & Activision are better.

EDIT: forgot to mention the last couple of Need for Speed games
    Last edited by Ins0mn1ac; 7th May 2019 at 12:45 am.

7. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Name the last EA game that was a commercial & critical success apart from Apex in the last couple of years?
    APEX's popularity seems to have been just a flash in the pan. The playerbase has hugely in shrunken in under 4 months, as has Twitch viewership.
    https://web.archive.org/web/20190506...patch-fortnite

8. Post
    Twitch viewership died the day the influencers contracts expired.

EA's recent games have certainly and deservedly been panned by critics but I wouldn't assume that they haven't made money off of them. The question is how long can they continue to make trash games before enough people stop buying them

9. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    APEX's popularity seems to have been just a flash in the pan. The playerbase has hugely in shrunken in under 4 months, as has Twitch viewership.
    https://web.archive.org/web/20190506...patch-fortnite
    Yeah makes sense. Guess that's why I havent seen Shroud or Dr Disrespect playing it in quite some time now

10. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Name the last EA game that was a commercial & critical success apart from Apex in the last couple of years? Anthem flopped, BFV flopped, SWBF2 flopped, ME:A flopped etc etc. And by flopped I also mean the critical reception not just how much money they made.

TF2 was the last great SP game I can remember from them but that they ****ed up releasing it between BF1 & whatever CoD game it was so ended up bombing financially.

EA is trash tier these days along with Bethesda. Even Ubisoft & Activision are better.

EDIT: forgot to mention the last couple of Need for Speed games
    You can't just cherry pick what you consider a flop is. Thats not how it works

11. Post
    jords wrote:
    You can't just cherry pick what you consider a flop is. Thats not how it works
    Battlefield 5 failed to meet EA's sales expectations. As did Battlefront 2.

Mass Effect Andromeda reportedly sold well but EA's response was to the public reception was to cancel all DLC in development and close the studio, Bioware Montreal. EA put Mass Effect franchise on ice. Actions speaks volumes, bro.

Anthem also sold well at retail but the players left/are leaving in droves. It's a MMO, they live or die by player retention.

The facts and realities of the matter are there, will you eat humble pie or continue to be in denial?
    Last edited by EvaUnit02; 7th May 2019 at 7:53 pm.

12. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Battlefield 5 failed to meet EA's sales expectations. As did Battlefront 2.

Mass Effect Andromeda reportedly sold well but EA's response was to the public reception was to cancel all DLC in development and close the studio, Bioware Montreal. EA put Mass Effect franchise on ice. Actions speaks volumes, bro.

Anthem also sold well at retail but the players left/are leaving in droves. It's a MMO, thy live or die by player retention.

The facts and realities of the matter are there, will you eat humble pie or continue to be in denial?
    You were going very well until that typical man baby cünt comment, back to the foe list for you.

13. Post
    Assblasted about being BTFO'ed? I'm so shocked.

14. Post
    News just in! EA Admits That Anthem Did Not Meet The 5 Million Projected Figures And Went Broke

I'll post this on Insomniac's behalf.

15. Post
    lmao it won't make a difference to Jords if I was right lol. He doesn't believe in facts lol.