1. Post

Unusual cave.

I was hiking west, about 9 km along the coast from the DOC camp at Spirits Bay last week when I stopped for lunch near this unusual cave. It wasn't as big as some in the area, but I liked the look of it enough to take this photo.

To give you some idea of it's size, i was just able to squeeze inside, and although not big enough to stretch out, it was comfy, and I didn't really want to come out.

On the downside, it was a bit damp and there was a wasps nest in the scrub above the entrance.

I'm wondering should i post the image on Google Earth?

Attached Images

2. Post

3. Post
    Zarkov wrote:
    I was hiking west, about 9 km along the coast from the DOC camp at Spirits Bay last week when I stopped for lunch near this unusual cave. It wasn't as big as some in the area, but I liked the look of it enough to take this photo.

To give you some idea of it's size, i was just able to squeeze inside, and although not big enough to stretch out, it was comfy, and I didn't really want to come out.

On the downside, it was a bit damp and there was a wasps nest in the scrub above the entrance.

I'm wondering should i post the image on Google Earth?
    Absolutely you should.

I do alot of contribution to google maps one of my 360 photos has over 1 million views.
    It's a good hobby allows people who have never/can never go to NZ to experience part of it.

4. Post
    Chuck one of those gps caches in there if they are still a thing

5. Post
    Still smaller than my wife's.

6. Post
    I hope for your sake she never trawls this cesspit.

7. Post
    Coincidentally this cave was right next door.

While not as big as the famous Whatipu cave, it was big enough to hold a party in.

https://www.google.com/search?q=what...eKHrR1pS_zh2M:

But apart from the obvious danger of falling boulders, it was tidal and thus inundated twice a day.

Attached Images

8. Post
    SL1CKSTA wrote:
    Absolutely you should.

I do alot of contribution to google maps one of my 360 photos has over 1 million views.
    It's a good hobby allows people who have never/can never go to NZ to experience part of it.
    I can't figure out how to do it.

It must be counter-intuitive.

9. Post
    Clicked on this thinking thread was going to be about Lisa Lewis ....... was right.

10. Post
    Nah can only fit 1 man in it.

11. Post
    Mancubus wrote:
    Still smaller than my wife's.
    From what I remembered, it smells better too.

12. Post
    I also found an unusual cave in the weekend.

13. Post
    Sin^ wrote:

14. Post
    Was worried this would be a Hambeast thread. Was plesantly surprised.

15. Post
    Sin^ wrote: