Page 2 of 2 First 12
Results 26 to 46 of 46

  1. Post
    #26
    Sounds like a typical Rockstar game - great story, shit gameplay; they should just make movies.

  2. Post
    #27
    Best video game ever made imo.
    Since RDR2 every other open world game ive played feels like its from 2002.
    RDR2 is beyond incredible.
    I absolutely love the story and gameplay.
    The gun play is the most satisfying in any game ive ever played. Dont understand the complaints.

    For example I tried to play far cry 5 and ac oddyssey after this. FC had unplaya ly bad gunplay after playing this immersive Rdr 2. And ac ofdyssey felt like a bland empty space after the epicness of rdr2.

    It blows away Rdr1

  3. Post
    #28
    Great game, but the story drags a bit at the end and controls are sluggish. Technically superior to Redemption 1, but atmosphericaly inferior IMO.

  4. Post
    #29
    I still need to finish it, too many distractions to ever finish the main story.

  5. Post
    #30
    Usergame wrote:
    Best video game ever made imo.
    Since RDR2 every other open world game ive played feels like its from 2002.
    RDR2 is beyond incredible.
    I absolutely love the story and gameplay.
    The gun play is the most satisfying in any game ive ever played. Dont understand the complaints.

    For example I tried to play far cry 5 and ac oddyssey after this. FC had unplaya ly bad gunplay after playing this immersive Rdr 2. And ac ofdyssey felt like a bland empty space after the epicness of rdr2.

    It blows away Rdr1
    I agree besides the gunplay. It's average as heck but that's a good thing in a game like this it suits it well

  6. Post
    #31
    ludez wrote:
    I agree besides the gunplay. It's average as heck but that's a good thing in a game like this it suits it well
    This statement is very odd to me.

    In my eyes, in a game set in the wild West, the one game play element that should be f#$&ing awesome is the gunplay.

  7. Post
    #32
    I never got around to picking this game up and have been waiting for further price drops. Yall are starting to make me think that it was mostly all hype now. I distinctly recall this game being hailed by everyone here when it released.

  8. Post
    #33
    Yeah the game was definitely overhyped. I mean its a still a good game & is worth playing but it didn't deserve all the rave reviews & 10/10's it got. But you know its R* so they always get an extra point or 2.

  9. Post
    #34
    matt8485 wrote:
    This statement is very odd to me.

    In my eyes, in a game set in the wild West, the one game play element that should be f#$&ing awesome is the gunplay.
    Well I mean the gameplay to me is average but it fits the game well.

  10. Post
    #35
    Quite a lot of negativity here which I find surprising. There were certainly annoying parts of the game for sure. Arthur felt very clunky when moving around rooms and camps trying to loot. I lost count of the amount of times I ended up punching some woman in the street while trying to mount my horse (same key bind).

    Aside from that I think it's one of the best games I've ever played. Maybe I'm boring, but I loved the side missions and quests. There was so much to do that I took forever to finish the story. I'd get a hunting quest and off I'd go into the hills looking for animals or fish or simply just to explore.

    I didn't find any issue with the gunplay, don't really understand what was meant to be wrong with it.

    The world is amazing and the size of it blows my mind. I was quite happy riding my horse everywhere I needed to go. It meant I might come across animals that I needed for a quest or maybe a stranger mission. I never used fast travel at all, and never wanted to.

    I loved doing stupid things like trying to sneak into a farm to kill a cow or bull for its skin. Some of the strangers were hilarious or downright terrifying.

    I absolutely shit my pants a few times when I was attacked by an animal I wasn't expecting. I also loved the hunts for rare or legendary animals. The legendary animals were slightly disappointing because you had to shoot them multiple times to kill them. Kinda ruined the immersion a bit because you couldn't sneak up on it and get the perfect shot. You kinda had to empty the clip into them.

    The story was ****ing fantastic and I've watched clips of it over and over on youtube. Arthur is one of the best video game characters ever made. I don't really care if the pacing sped up and slowed down. It all felt so right and I have no complaints.

    A couple of minor gripes I had. The money was silly. As mentioned above there was a mission that gave you a shitload of money kinda early. After that it was essentially pointless doing anything to make money, which killed the fun of it. No need to rob anyone or sell animal pelts. Train robberies were pointless and the wanted system wasn't great.

    Poker sucked because you had thousands of dollars in your wallet, but the max you could bet on a hand was a few bucks. Also as a bit of a poker fan I found it to be soooooo slow and clunky. You were forced to watch the repetitive animations on each and every hand. After you won or lost the hand then you couldn't skip to the next one, you had to watch the same animation of the winner grabbing the chips off the table.

    Been a few months since I finished it, but I loved the game. It was just so fun to explore the massive world and do whatever you want. You can play it fast or you can play it slow. Did it have bugs? Yes of course, but no game is perfect and I think people calling it a flop are silly.

  11. Post
    #36
    Ramza wrote:
    I never got around to picking this game up and have been waiting for further price drops. Yall are starting to make me think that it was mostly all hype now. I distinctly recall this game being hailed by everyone here when it released.
    The same people who bagged it then are bagging it now. People who loved it still do.

  12. Post
    #37
    Masterpiece one of the best games I have played in years. Arthur is a gem.

  13. Post
    #38
    jords wrote:
    Masterpiece one of the best games I have played in years. Arthur is a gem.
    Agreed.

  14. Post
    #39
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Yeah the game was definitely overhyped. I mean its a still a good game & is worth playing but it didn't deserve all the rave reviews & 10/10's it got. But you know its R* so they always get an extra point or 2.
    Sounds like Rockstar. It's like gaming review sites forget to be impartial when reviewing their games. Their GTA games always get 10 as well despite them probably being a 7-8.

  15. Post
    #40
    All depends on whos reviewing.

  16. Post
    #41
    jords wrote:
    All depends on whos reviewing.
    100%,its all subjective, I consider Mario galaxy 1&2 + Odyssey Masterpieces, most critics do too, but a lot of people on here would scoff at that

  17. Post
    #42
    The modern GTA games were all pretty incredible especially if you considered the time they were released.

    I don't know what would cause you to rate GTA V only a 7.

  18. Post
    #43
    Bobs wrote:
    Sounds like Rockstar. It's like gaming review sites forget to be impartial when reviewing their games. Their GTA games always get 10 as well despite them probably being a 7-8.
    I've been quiet for a couple of months, but this pissed me off enough to comment.

    Other people's opinions are valid. You disagree that's cool, but claiming people are not "impartial" is insulting. Gaming is entertainment and art. Appreciation of art and entertainment is subjective, and people can and will have things they prefer more than others for any number of reasons. Bias (or lack of impartiality) exists, its natural and normal. Being impartial/unbiased when giving an opinion on art (or most things) is not actually a thing.

    As long as an opinion is informed it is perfectly valid.

  19. Post
    #44
    ChrisB wrote:
    I've been quiet for a couple of months, but this pissed me off enough to comment.

    Other people's opinions are valid. You disagree that's cool, but claiming people are not "impartial" is insulting. Gaming is entertainment and art. Appreciation of art and entertainment is subjective, and people can and will have things they prefer more than others for any number of reasons. Bias (or lack of impartiality) exists, its natural and normal. Being impartial/unbiased when giving an opinion on art (or most things) is not actually a thing.

    As long as an opinion is informed it is perfectly valid.
    I disagree when it comes to Rockstar. Almost every review I've read concerning any of their games rave on about how amazing everything about the game is, but they hardly mention or gloss over the negatives like the game mechanics etc. As far as open worlds go R* are unrivalled but not everything is as perfect as most reviewers make them out to be. If it was any other studio I'm pretty sure most reviewers wouldn't be so easy on them.

  20. Post
    #45
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    I disagree when it comes to Rockstar. Almost every review I've read concerning any of their games rave on about how amazing everything about the game is, but they hardly mention or gloss over the negatives like the game mechanics etc. As far as open worlds go R* are unrivalled but not everything is as perfect as most reviewers make them out to be. If it was any other studio I'm pretty sure most reviewers wouldn't be so easy on them.
    You just literally said they were unrivalled and yet think reviewers are taking it easy on them...

  21. Post
    #46
    brand wrote:
    You just literally said they were unrivalled and yet think reviewers are taking it easy on them...
    I meant when it comes to creating open worlds they are unrivalled but their game mechanics still leave alot to be desired,