1. Post

Rage 2 thread

Hey guys couldn't find a proper discussion thread for Rage 2. I've just picked up this game so should be heaps of fun since I loved the first game. So anyone else here got it or getting it?

I had to go to JB HiFi to grab the game since EB Games Takapuna had nothing and tried to get me to pre-order for their next shipment, Apparently the HQ at EB games sent them only 1 copy for each console.

2. Post
    WarZoner wrote:
    Hey guys couldn't find a proper discussion thread for Rage 2. I've just picked up this game so should be heaps of fun since I loved the first game. So anyone else here got it or getting it?

I had to go to JB HiFi to grab the game since EB Games Takapuna had nothing and tried to get me to pre-order for their next shipment, Apparently the HQ at EB games sent them only 1 copy for each console.
    There is a big muckup with the rage 2 release from the distributor. Our store only got 1 extra copy, not my type of game but looks pretty good

3. Post
    I hated the first game but this looks pretty cool. Definitely getting those Mad Max vibes & I loved that game. Not sure if its worth full price though. Also performance on console sounds a bit shaky. I'll probably wait until its a bit cheaper

4. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    I hated the first game but this looks pretty cool. Definitely getting those Mad Max vibes & I loved that game. Not sure if its worth full price though. Also performance on console sounds a bit shaky. I'll probably wait until its a bit cheaper
    You didn't like the first game? Any reason why? It's co developed by the same team that did Mad Max that's probably why you're getting Mad Max vibes lol

5. Post
    WarZoner wrote:
    You didn't like the first game? Any reason why? It's co developed by the same team that did Mad Max that's probably why you're getting Mad Max vibes lol
    It was extremely bland & linear imo. Got bored after about an hour lol. Didn't help that I tried playing it straight after Far Cry 3 lol. Yeah I know Avalanche made Mad Max as well.

6. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    It was extremely bland & linear imo. Got bored after about an hour lol. Didn't help that I tried playing it straight after Far Cry 3 lol. Yeah I know Avalanche made Mad Max as well.
    Ahh fair enough

7. Post
    I'll grab it eventually. Early reviews seem to have a consistent theme: RAGE 2's combat is great, perhaps even best-in-class. Unfortunately, it's hindered by its campaign, characters, and world.

It's described as a boring, grindy campaign and a dull world.

8. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:

It's described as a boring, grindy campaign and a dull world.
    so same as the first game then? lol

9. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    so same as the first game then? lol
    More or less haha, I didn't even finish the first one.

10. Post
    keen to give it a blast but will wait for a price drop

11. Post
    If you don't mind using the Bethesda launcher you can get it on pc for $60 nz off some key sites and about $70 nz off some more reputable sites.

12. Post
    After an hour or so playing it. Damn it's fun, (Game takes a bit getting used to as everything is fast!) It kinda feels like a Doom meets Mad Max but with superpowers

13. Post
    I bet you it'll be discounted next month during the Steam Summer sale. Bethesda games (which aren't Fallout and mainline Elder Scrolls) see light advertisement and no one buys them as a result.

14. Post
    This and Borderlands 3 look like so much fun: could be the perfect discount purchase.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

15. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    I bet you it'll be discounted next month during the Steam Summer sale. Bethesda games (which aren't Fallout and mainline Elder Scrolls) see light advertisement and no one buys them as a result.
    yeah if you want it on steam hope it gets like a 50% discount because the standard price on steam in nz for it is $115 nz

16. Post
    esoj wrote:
    yeah if you want it on steam hope it gets like a 50% discount because the standard price on steam in nz for it is $115 nz
    If the discount is lame in June then there'll be a better one during the Quakecon sale in August.

17. Post
    It's a hard no from me, at this stage. If I do pick it up, it'll be second hand - Bethesda will get none of my money.

18. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    It's a hard no from me, at this stage. If I do pick it up, it'll be second hand - Bethesda will get none of my money.
    Because Fallout 76?

19. Post
    bethesda are really only publishing/marketing this. The combat feels very much like the 2016 doom game. The driving and some other open world stuff sucks though but still so far for me a few hours in a fun game

20. Post
    esoj wrote:
    bethesda are really only publishing/marketing this. The combat feels very much like the 2016 doom game. The driving and some other open world stuff sucks though but still so far for me a few hours in a fun game
    That's what I thought isn't avalanche and id the studios behind the making of Rage 2

21. Post
    Mountain Slayr wrote:
    That's what I thought isn't avalanche and id the studios behind the making of Rage 2
    Id Software is a wholy owned subsidiary of Zenimax, who's day to day operations are under the name Bethesda Softworks, i.e. the publisher. Id takes orders from the publisher parent, just as developer Bethesda Game Studios does. Other Bethesda subsidiary developed games Wolfenstein 2, The Evil Within, Dishonoured 2 and Prey all launched unfinished needing several weeks to months worth of patches. Obviously not to the same degree as Fallout 76 and other BGS developed games, but unfinished nonetheless.

Publisher Bethesda doesn't hand out early review copies for any of their games, outside of shill Youtubers/streamers. Why they do this is pretty obvious.
    Last edited by EvaUnit02; 17th May 2019 at 7:52 am.

22. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Because Fallout 76?
    Partially.

I recently got back into the remaster of Skyrim, and encountered a progress-stopping bug with the "becoming a vampire" quest line. Googling it reveals it being an issue when the game first came out for last-gen consoles. I think it's totally unforgivable for it to still be in the game, especially when the remaster would have been a perfect time to fix it.

Combined with the generally buggy and janky nature of their games, it was the last straw.

For me, I've gone from seeing it as bugs/glitches that in a way add to the charm of the game, to believing that they are a complacent and dismissive company who think that they can get away with shit like this, including FO76.

23. Post
    esoj wrote:
    I agree with that. The driving sorta seems a bit crap but at least you can fast travel anytime to the big towns.

24. Post
    Been running this on linux with steams proton no issues so far.

25. Post
    I finished this game last night. Damn that was fast but fun.