Page 9 of 9 First ... 6789

1. Post
    FFVII remake gameplay pretty much what I wanted for an action based remake, with the ATB bar still intact. Pretty much what I wanted FFXIII to be / what they showed in their first trailer for XIII. FFVIII looks good, should of been what was done for the FFVII / IX remasters, an actual tellable difference in quality.

Marval's Avengers for the PS4 looks great in I haven't even watched any of the Avengers movies as stuff that.. The switch game looks horrible but is too be expected for Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, same old crappy gameplay as the others - nothing that wasn't to be expected for Alliance 3.

Tales of Arise, is up their with my hype for FFVII. Pretty far into Tales of Zestiria now, hopefully getting close to finishing so I can move onto Besteria or Vesperia. SE still needs to learn a thing or two from Namco / Atlus on how to create a JRPG. FFVII part one finishes in Midgar!? Or I hope that is only disc one of the two discs that it'll be released on. Still for future FF titles SE needs to get a full lengthy game out in a timely manner all in one part. FF13/15 / KH proves SE has a lot to learn.

Watchdogs 3 looks pretty cool, hope it'll be a fun game.

Microsoft Flight Simulator looks pretty mint, these new games pretty much confirming why I skipped out on PS4Pro as totally not worth the money compared to what next-gen consoles will deliver with a much beefier CPU, Ram in GPU / SSD.

Overall happy that we'll have some really good JRPG's to play this gen, still bummed over P5 The Royal, makes me want to skip the next Persona game in wait for the ultimate / extended edition. Great game but I'm not ready to invest another 2~ weeks jamming Persona 5 hard out, no doubt will take me longer next time round as bit less free time now but it was totally worth it except now we have P5 The Royal edition.. Ehh would probably still be worth it, does seem like a good lot of new content in did love P5.

Borderlands 3 also looks pretty fun.

2. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    So literally not the iconic characters at all, but the MCU versions. Which are as the name clearly shows, The Marvel CINEMATIC Universe. Not the comic versions. Not the animated versions, or any other of the literally dozens of iterations/versions that exist.
    What was shown are in-line with the "actual" characters not the MCU adaptations.

Could not ask for a better cast imo

MCU fans need to understand that MCU is not canon to anything except the MCU.
    Remembering that the people who play their respective characters in the MCU are iconic. It's why I assume they are able to attend events, charities and show up at children's hospitals outside of costume because they are seen to be the characters - they are the embodiment.

The characters we see in the game trailer are made to look like their MCU counterparts. I am an avid Marvel comic book reader and If I knew I was looking at the comic book versions, I'd be looking at Cap with turned down red leather boots, not a modernized, stained spec-ops looking get up (which is fine). These characters just plainly look like they were designed to look like MCU characters - but not.

3. Post
    They look fine to me.

4. Post
    Rii wrote:
    Remembering that the people who play their respective characters in the MCU are iconic. It's why I assume they are able to attend events, charities and show up at children's hospitals outside of costume because they are seen to be the characters - they are the embodiment.

The characters we see in the game trailer are made to look like their MCU counterparts. I am an avid Marvel comic book reader and If I knew I was looking at the comic book versions, I'd be looking at Cap with turned down red leather boots, not a modernized, stained spec-ops looking get up (which is fine). These characters just plainly look like they were designed to look like MCU characters - but not.
    This is a different continuity. Using what seems to be comic book versions and you're complaining that they're not "iconic" when they are literally the actual icons, not the recent pop-culture adaptations of those iconic characters.
    The MCU and comics have been borrowing from each other for over a decade now. But to be clear the characters are NOT the MCU versions. The MCU is only one adaptation of the characters. Using the MCU versions makes zero sense as their arcs are set and canon within their continuity. Some are dead or very different from other versions, and the events shown in the game certainly have not happened in the MCU and they would have needed to have already considering who's shown in the trailer.

They look fine to me, and do enough to hopefully appease comic fans, and the MCU fans. I am very happy they went this route, just as I was with Spider-Man. I do see where you're coming from, but I think they've done the best they can to not alienate fans on either camp. But to say these are not the iconic characters is strange.

5. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    So literally not the iconic characters at all, but the MCU versions. Which are as the name clearly shows, The Marvel CINEMATIC Universe. Not the comic versions. Not the animated versions, or any other of the literally dozens of iterations/versions that exist.
    What was shown are in-line with the "actual" characters not the MCU adaptations.

Could not ask for a better cast imo

MCU fans need to understand that MCU is not canon to anything except the MCU.
    Oh cool the same 4 voice actors that do every game.

6. Post
    kierbear wrote:
    Oh cool the same 4 voice actors that do every game.
    Don't play it then? *shrug*

7. Post
    RIP Marvel Heroes

8. Post
    Kog wrote:
    RIP Marvel Heroes
    Good game till they started adding raids.

9. Post
    Did the first raid, it was sweet

10. Post
    Everyone left after they started adding raids. It changed the game.