Page 2 of 9 First 12345 ... Last

1. Post
    Valeo wrote:
    I don't have either, but the general consensus seems to be that the Xbone/Microsoft has caught up?
    Yeah but game content is lacking. Lack of exclusives and jacked up prices (compared to PC). Game pass hasn't been that great either, most of the time the popular games are just old ones and the new ones are indie titles.

2. Post
    My bucket list had attend E3 sitting at no.7.
    Not any more, its not the great event it used to be.

3. Post
    Pxndx wrote:
    Yeah but game content is lacking. Lack of exclusives and jacked up prices (compared to PC). Game pass hasn't been that great either, most of the time the popular games are just old ones and the new ones are indie titles.
    Interesting - first time I've heard anything except praise for game pass.

4. Post
    GeneralZod wrote:
    My bucket list had attend E3 sitting at no.7.
    Not any more, its not the great event it used to be.
    With the publishers pulling out....definitely not what it used to be Still mean...just not quite as mean.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

5. Post
    If your looking to attend E3 id say next year would be the year to do it especially with the next-gen consoles set for reveal around then. MS will do a tease this year and a full reveal next year along with Sony following up the reveal in February.

6. Post
    Pxndx wrote:
    Valeo wrote:
    I'd say it be might unrealistic expectations. New release AAA 3rd party games aren't going to be on there, unless they were to cut some Epic style bribery cheques.

The impression I get is that MS have learnt that these days it's better to produce first party content which you can lockdown forever vs. bribe 3rd parties for timed exclusives.

7. Post
    Pxndx wrote:
    Wut?

Apart from all the new releases that have gone straight onto Gamepass? Forza 4, State of Decay, Crackdown etc

8. Post
    Valeo wrote:
    Especially since last month they announced they had 9.5 million monthly active subscriptions.
    Plus they have a great library that grows, just cause 4 was on there two weeks after release

9. Post
    Don't have an XBox, but I think Game Pass is a great idea.

10. Post
    The amount of time I've had it I've been underwhelmed, I guess more so for multiplayer/coop options to play with mates.

11. Post
    Semi confirmed rumor. Next COD is called "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare” it's apparently a “soft reboot” of the Modern Warfare series, So possibly new characters, new maps, etc. but with returning aspects of COD4, MW2 and MW3? 8.10.19

The writers and producers of The Simpsons have a panel so maybe well see a new simpsons game? hit and run 2? or maybe even a disenchantment game? who knows.

schedule: https://i.imgur.com/OxVgNRK.png
    Last edited by fuzzy2308; 25th May 2019 at 6:41 am.

12. Post
    fuzzy2308 wrote:
    Semi confirmed rumor. Next COD is called "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare” it's apparently a “soft reboot” of the Modern Warfare series, So possibly new characters, new maps, etc. but with returning aspects of COD4, MW2 and MW3? 8.10.19
    They have to fluke a good game some day, surely this time...

13. Post
    They really need to end it, move on to something else, how long can you milk the same game until the teats dry up.

14. Post
    |icED-e@RtH| wrote:
    They really need to end it, move on to something else, how long can you milk the same game until the teats dry up.
    CoD made $500 mill last year. It isn't going anywhere any time soon.

15. Post
    Estumas wrote:
    "In water is wet, air is breathable news today, Eva over to you...?"

You act like this is a new development? Ignoring the fact the Nintendo platforms have frequently outsold many console generations in Japan, and portable platforms have always sold well in Japan - even the non-Nintendo ones do better than expected. So of course the Switch was going to sell better because it had portability and well... its Nintendo. But the platform is reaching a plateau worldwide anyway, so crowing about the inevitable passing of PS4 numbers in Japan is ignoring the bigger picture of slowing sales for the platform worldwide.

As for the companies - developers with exclusive titles are making the majority of their sales on international and the PS4 especially this gen, and it's not been different for those with multi-platform either. So yeah I'm sure they're crying themselves to sleep on the piles of money they seem to have made internationally anyway.
    Talk about missing the point. Sony screwed over their Japanese business partners with their Western pearl clutching censorship policies over the past year.
    https://nichegamer.com/2019/05/13/ma...exual-content/
    Lastly, Marvelous commented on the sexual themes in their games, noting they are “getting more difficult to produce.” They noted a sexual element had to be removed from a currently unannounced game, to which they’ve lowered the game’s sales forecast.
    https://nichegamer.com/2019/02/04/de...t-regulations/
    We previously reported on Senran Kagura series producer Kenichiro Takaki noting the recent censorship policies from Sony have prolonged development time for their games. Another note from Takaki further elaborates on how they’re changing their own internal design to further align with Sony’s new policies.

The Senran Kagura producer and Honey∞Parade Games president talked up Sony’s new censorious policies on sexual content in a new interview with Inside Games.jp, where he confirmed “the original idea we had planned [for Senran Kagura 7EVEN] is seemingly impossible to release.”

“So, we’re redoing or possible reconsidering everything about the game,” Takaki added. Furthermore, this was in response to Sony’s regulations on sexual content, to which Takaki noted regulations on sexual content are getting stricter around the world, on every platform and genre. “I’m really worried about what to do right now,” he said.
    The Sony censorship policies hampering the creativity of Senran Kagura producer lead to him quitting Marvelous.
    https://nichegamer.com/2019/03/26/ke...senran-kagura/

PS4 has been very successful internationally and their walking simulator interactive movie first party games sell at least 5-10 million? That's nice. They're betraying their Japanese business partners and burning their domestic market to the ground because...? Even if the console market has shrunken in Japan over the last decade there is still money to made over there.

Japanese developers kept PlayStation alive during disastrous early years of PS3, weebs bought PS3s just to play the Japanese exclusives on there. We've already been seeing hubris akin to the post-PS2 highs affecting Sony in recent years. If future iterations of PlayStation faulter will the Japanese developers be there to bail them out again? Likely not. We're already beginning to see the fallout, the Western release of Idea Factory's Mary Skelter 2 is skipping PS4 altogether, coming exclusively to Switch. A PC port will probably release shortly after because Idea Factory games have seen a lot of success on PC.
    Last edited by EvaUnit02; 26th May 2019 at 5:11 am.

16. Post
    <N> wrote:
    They have to fluke a good game some day, surely this time...
    Hopefully. i'd be happy if they just used the parts thats worked the best from the early games and used them without the jumpsuits and fluro colors.

- - - Updated - - -

There's some recent fable IV leaks floating around reddit and since Playground Games are rumored to be making it there's a good chance that we'll see some of it at the xbox conference.
    Last edited by fuzzy2308; 26th May 2019 at 8:40 am.

17. Post
    Microsofts E3 show will be about 20min longer than last year. I'm betting the last 20min will be a next-gen reveal/tease.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1...819929088?s=19

18. Post
    Valeo wrote:
    I don't have either, but the general consensus seems to be that the Xbone/Microsoft has caught up?
    What do you mean by caught up?

19. Post
    matt8485 wrote:
    What do you mean by caught up?
    If he means consoles sold then hell no, Xb1 is ~35-40 million sold at this point. PS4 is 70-80 mill last I looked.

If he means first party game quality that is entirely subjective. Some people are bored shitless by Sony's glorified interactive movies. That being said, MS have a few first party titles with objectively negative points at launch, i.e. Sea of Thieves having little content; State of Decay 2 being broken as shit; ReCore shipping with missing content required to 100% the game.

20. Post
    I give zero shits about Sonys walking simulators or most non fighting games to be honest.

I will be buying a PS5 if PS continues to be the home of fighting games, particularly Japanese fighting games like Undernight.
    Switch only has one exclusive fighter with Smash and only one option for an arcade stick. Also it's online sux.
    Xbox's sole exclusive is Killer Instinct which if I really wanted I could play on PC anyway.
    PC is notoriously shit for fighting games being plagued with bad ports.

21. Post
    Wife gets to go to this, jealous.

22. Post
    seems kinda lame to me but if you're into it they're screening the XBOX conference in Mount Wellington
    https://www.microsoftevents.com/prof...=0x7017803abcd
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2970...tive_tab=about

23. Post
    fuzzy2308 wrote:
    seems kinda lame to me but if you're into it they're screening the XBOX conference in Mount Wellington
    https://www.microsoftevents.com/prof...=0x7017803abcd
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2970...tive_tab=about
    Shouldn't this be in NZ prices not AU since it's an event in NZ

24. Post
    I think this could be a bit of a weaker e3 for big announcements with new consoles most likely coming late next year not a lot of new stuff is likely to be shown at this year's e3 that isn't already announced. The ubisoft press conference is always good to watch because it is either crazy good or really bad

25. Post
    Thinking I may just give my Xbox One S to my brother in law at the end of the year.. that's if it as a voltage switch from 240v to 120v.