1. Post

Robert Pattinson Is ‘The Batman’

Meet the new Batman!

He’s going from sex symbol to bat symbol. Sources tell Variety that Robert Pattinson is in negotiations to play “The Batman” in Matt Reeves’ forthcoming superhero film, which hits theaters June 25, 2021.

While sources say it’s not yet a done deal, Pattinson is the top choice and it’s expected to close shortly. Warner Bros. had no comment.

Pre-production on the Warner Bros.-DC Comics pic is expected to start this summer.

Reeves, the filmmaker behind the last two “Planet of the Apes” sequels, assumed “Batman” directing duties from Ben Affleck in January 2017 and has been developing the elusive project ever since. Affleck and Warner Bros. began discussing the actor-director leaving the Caped Crusader behind following “Justice League,” allowing Reeves to pick his own Bruce Wayne.

Reeves will produce “The Batman” with his “Planet of the Apes” collaborator Dylan Clark. Pattinson was cast even as Reeves continues to polish a final version of the script.

A former “Twilight” heartthrob who has successfully turned to arthouse fare, Pattinson, 32, becomes the youngest actor to ever play Batman on the big screen.

Warner Bros., in giving Reeves plenty of time to develop the script, is hoping the latest iteration of the DC icon is done right, following the disappointments of “Batman v Superman” and “Justice League.”

No official start date has been set for “The Batman.” Insiders tell Variety filming could start in late 2019 or early 2020.

Pattinson is about to shoot another film for WB: Christopher Nolan’s event movie co-starring John David Washington, which is set to open July 17, 2020.

Pattinson has a total of four films opening this year, beginning with Claire Denis’ “High Life.” He also appears in Robert Eggers’ “The Lighthouse,” which bows at the Cannes Film Festival, “The King” for Netflix and “Waiting for the Barbarians.”

He is repped by WME, the Curtis Brown Group, and 3 Arts Entertainment.
    https://variety.com/2019/film/news/r...cs-1203125473/

2. Post
    The script will likely be better than the last few but I forsee a lot of empty movie theatres. I definitely can see him successfully being Bruce Wayne but I just can't see him as Batman at all, unless they put extra extra padding in the outfit.
    Last edited by Rambaldi; 17th May 2019 at 5:08 pm.

3. Post
    Prove me wrong Pat, but yeah nah don't like it.

4. Post
    Maybe Zac Efron will give him some pointers on how to get swole, son, but yeah; pasty white English weed I'm not convinced by.

5. Post
    Rough.

I'm open minded. I see him as someone who knows what is required of him so I trust that he's going to be doing everything he can to pack on muscle.

And being pale is no issue. Not like actors don't get fake tans for roles anyway. However I think being pale can actually work for him considering how pained and withdrawn Batman is.

6. Post
    He will pack the muscle on. Don't see that as an issue. Just don't think he suits the role. But yeah hope he proves me wrong.

7. Post
    Doesn't appeal to me at all. but then neither did Ledger as the Joker, so we'll just see how we go.

8. Post
    Out of all the actors they could've chosen they chose the Twilight guy I know he's been in other movies & is apparently a good actor but can't picture him at all as Batman.

Who knows though, Heath Ledger, Gal Gadot & Ben Affleck got their fair share of hate & they turned out to be good choices.

9. Post
    He's actually a really good actor, Remember Me is great, he just had shit to work with in Twilight and apparently regrets ever doing it.

It's not like they can screw up the DCEU any more than it has been, so while I doubt I'll see it in movies I will eventually watch it.

10. Post
    I came across this guy last week who is a very good artist and now works for Disney amongst others. He drew potential Batmans.

Here is his one of him:

11. Post
    Anyone can play Batman. He's not a particular size or shade.

Bring it ropat.

12. Post
    kierbear wrote:
    It's not like they can screw up the DCEU any more than it has been, so while I doubt I'll see it in movies I will eventually watch it.
    To be fair the DCEU is on an upward trajectory after Aquaman & Shazam & seem to have got their shit together. Joker is looking promising & I'm sure Wonder Woman 1984 will be good. Suicide Squad 2 should be good thanks to James Gunn being at the helm. I have faith that Matt Reeves will deliver a good movie since he has a good track record.

13. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    To be fair the DCEU is on an upward trajectory after Aquaman & Shazam & seem to have got their shit together. Joker is looking promising & I'm sure Wonder Woman 1984 will be good. Suicide Squad 2 should be good thanks to James Gunn being at the helm. I have faith that Matt Reeves will deliver a good movie since he has a good track record.
    I agree for the most part but there a few issues. With Shazam Zac Levi playing the character as a immature kid, much younger than the child actor playing him being the main one. I suspect Zac Levi watched Big on repeat to prepare for the role. Joker could be amazing but I get the vibe it may be very anticlimactic, as in it ends with him becoming the Joker and not actually seeing any kind of attack or typical Joker madness. I hope it’s amazing I just feel it might be quite artsy. I absolutely loved Wonder Woman but Kristen Wiig being the lead villain has me worried as she’s never played a serious role of note but I felt the same thing when Paul Rudd was cast as Ant Man and he knocked it out of the park. Loved GotG1 but felt 2 was very meh, but based on other films I’ve seen by Gunn I’m hoping for a good sequel to Suicide Squad.

14. Post
    I'm keen to see how he goes, put twilight aside and hes done some pretty good work.

I also remember the same reactions when afleck was announced and he might just be my favourite live action batman.

15. Post
    More hope for this than Batfleck tbh.

16. Post
    Bring back bale

17. Post
    Apparently its not 100% confirmed yet & Nicholas Hoult who played Beast in the Xmen movies is also being considered.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

18. Post
    Cautiously optimistic. He has chosen some weird roles over the years which I feel he has done well in Good Times springs to mind.

19. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Apparently its not 100% confirmed yet & Nicholas Hoult who played Beast in the Xmen movies is also being considered.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Whats most likely happening is Pattinson is the top choice as mentioned by Variety but Hoult is a close second in case the Pattinson deal falls through. it seems like Deadline and THR aren't as confident in the story as Variety. Most likely their just salty they didn't run the headline and wanted to cast doubt on the Variety headline and take away clicks.

20. Post
    You could never accuse me of being a Twilight fan but I hardly blame the two leads in those films for their shit quality. There is only so much polishing of horrible source material one can do. Both Pattinson and Stewart have performed well in other lesser known roles.

As far as Pattinson as Batman goes, people were convinced that Ledger would fail as the Joker and he ended up defining that character in ways that I'm not convinced will ever be topped.

I also hated Affleck as Batman and feel like Rpatz has a decent shot of at least beating Affleck.

21. Post
    I was okay with Twilight, it was crap movie watching with a lot of fun banter between friends but I cannot recall ever thinking of Rob Pat as a flexed up superhero. I feel a Buzzfeed article noting 'How Rob got jacked" coming up, where they talk to his personal trainer about what he did.

22. Post
    Can't be worse then Batwoman.