Results 1 to 16 of 16

  1. Question
    #1

    Hypnotherapy for insomnia??

    Just wondering if anyone has ever had hypnotherapy to fix insomnia?

    I've been a terrible sleeper most of my life & since I'm not working atm this would be the perfect time to get it sorted before I attempt to get another job. I feel like I'd struggle to get another job or do well at it since I'm tired all the time & I have trouble concentrating & focusing especially when it comes to learning something new.

    My issue isn't falling asleep but staying asleep as I'm always waking up during the night and usually during the REM phase so I don't get enough deep sleep.

    I've tried taking different stuff like melatonin, valerian, 5htp, sleep drops, amithriptelene & zoplicone but nothing works hence why I want to try hypnotherapy.

    cheers for any advice

  2. Post
    #2
    My wife is a terrible sleeper, she bought a pair of Bose sleepbuds recently and swears by them.

    Do you snore? It might be worth looking into a formal sleep study as well.

  3. Post
    #3
    KevinL wrote:
    My wife is a terrible sleeper, she bought a pair of Bose sleepbuds recently and swears by them.

    Do you snore? It might be worth looking into a formal sleep study as well.
    Nah I don't snore but I do grind my teeth. I actually sleep in a separate room than my missus cos she snores lol. Those sleep buds sound interesting. The thing is I have almost perfect sleep conditions like my street is really quiet, my room is dark & my bed is very comfortable so to me it seems like a mental thing. Probably having my PC & TV in my bedroom doesn't help lol. When I went to a sleep clinic about 2 or 3 years ago they said get all that stuff out of my room but I have nowhere else to put it.

  4. Post
    #4
    What do you do when you wake up?

  5. Post
    #5
    bradc wrote:
    What do you do when you wake up?
    Jump on my PC, watch TV or play games which is what I do most of the time.

  6. Post
    #6
    Too much blue light before sleeping is probably half your problem.

  7. Post
    #7
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Jump on my PC, watch TV or play games which is what I do most of the time.
    Yeah you probably don't want to do that. I'd ditch those for a start, make your bedroom just for sleeping.

    And try and tire yourself out better during the day also.

  8. Post
    #8
    So you don't take care to avoid blue light before bed, and that's a big one. Any caffeine after lunch? Do you sleep in to compensate? Do you live a sedentary day to day existence?

    I could see hypnotherapy fueling the decipline to establish the conditions for better sleep. But a little willpower could freely achieve the same.

  9. Post
    #9
    Yeah you guys are all right about the blue light thing. I pretty much game or watch TV right up to the time I go to bed. I know its not good for my sleep but its a hard habit to break & there's nowhere else to put everything. If I lived in a bigger house I would move everything out of my room except for my bed.

    I have 2 or 3 coffees per day the last one being around 6PM. I dont think that really a problem though cos I fall asleep straight away its just staying asleep that's the problem.

    When I used to go to boot camp I was dead tired when I went to bed but I'd still wake up during the night. So I think my issue is more psychological than physical hence why I think hypnotherapy may be helpful.

    I might take up reading & turn everything off an hour or 2 before I go to sleep.

  10. Post
    #10
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    I might take up reading & turn everything off an hour or 2 before I go to sleep.
    Don't read in bed though, that's considered bad sleep hygiene as well

  11. Post
    #11
    KevinL wrote:
    Don't read in bed though, that's considered bad sleep hygiene as well
    Huh?

    Try reading Crime and Punishment, or similar and I defy anyone to stay awake.

    WTF is sleep hygiene anyway?

  12. Post
    #12
    Zarkov wrote:
    Huh?

    Try reading Crime and Punishment, or similar and I defy anyone to stay awake.

    WTF is sleep hygiene anyway?
    'Sleep hygiene' is a term encompassing good habits to facilitate sleep - many of which focus around creating an association between your bed and sleeping, and hence not using it for other non-sleep activities.

    http://healthysleep.med.harvard.edu/...vercoming/tips

    Additionally if Dostoevsky was the solution to insomnia do you really think we would be having this discussion?

  13. Post
    #13
    KevinL wrote:
    'Sleep hygiene' is a term encompassing good habits to facilitate sleep - many of which focus around creating an association between your bed and sleeping, and hence not using it for other non-sleep activities.

    http://healthysleep.med.harvard.edu/...vercoming/tips

    Additionally if Dostoevsky was the solution to insomnia do you really think we would be having this discussion?
    I doubt that many people have tried it, but it works for me.

  14. Post
    #14
    I havent read a proper book since my school days lol. I was thinking more in the line of comics lol

  15. Post
    #15
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    I havent read a proper book since my school days lol. I was thinking more in the line of comics lol
    get a real book to read at nights. I always do that and then read a chapter before getting shuteye. (Prolly why I take 2 to 3 months in finishing books).

  16. Post
    #16
    Try having an epic wank when you wake up, that should see you off back to sleep after you've blown ya load.