Results 1 to 21 of 21

  1. Post
    #1

    Good Omens [Amazon Prime]

    Been seeing adverts for this on Amazon Prime for a while, drops on the 31st. Looks like it could be a fun series. Starring David Tennant, Michael Sheen, Benedict Cumerbatch.


  2. Post
    #2
    Watched the first ep tonight, quite enjoyed it.

  3. Post
    #3
    This has got a pretty star studded cast.
    Enjoying it so far up, Sheen especially is brilliant.

  4. Post
    #4
    Was prepared to hate it, as Good Omens is one of my favorite books ever, but I actually quite enjoyed it for the most part.

  5. Post
    #5
    They've stayed very close to the book.

  6. Post
    #6
    Have watched first 2 eps. Absolutely loving it.

    Only issue I have is David Tennent's acting. It's like he was told to channel Bill Nighy (who I love to bits).

    Michael Sheen is brilliant.

  7. Post
    #7
    Rii wrote:
    Have watched first 2 eps. Absolutely loving it.

    Only issue I have is David Tennent's acting. It's like he was told to channel Bill Nighy (who I love to bits).

    Michael Sheen is brilliant.
    Haha ... he does appear to be morphing into Bill Nighy in this.

  8. Post
    #8
    Rii wrote:
    Have watched first 2 eps. Absolutely loving it.

    Only issue I have is David Tennent's acting. It's like he was told to channel Bill Nighy (who I love to bits).

    Michael Sheen is brilliant.
    He gets better as the series goes on. Was thrilled to see Chuck from Better Call Saul as the Witchfinder Sergeant, and Jack Whitehall as the Witchfinder Private.

  9. Post
    #9
    **** yes. I love Jack Whitehall. I saw his name in the credits in ep2. Then got disappointed he was only appearing as a cameo. Then it hit present day and was elated to see him in a concrete role.

  10. Post
    #10
    Michael Sheen is aight, Ill give it a watch, wurd.

  11. Post
    #11
    Finished this the other night. What fun. Michael Sheen is excellent.

  12. Post
    #12
    Rii wrote:
    **** yes. I love Jack Whitehall. I saw his name in the credits in ep2. Then got disappointed he was only appearing as a cameo. Then it hit present day and was elated to see him in a concrete role.
    I totally didn't recognise him at first. Took a wiki search to confirm lol.

  13. Post
    #13
    i.e.awesome wrote:
    I totally didn't recognise him at first. Took a wiki search to confirm lol.
    I think Benedict probably wins the most difficult to recognise award in this series.
    Especially considering hes only it for a few mins.

  14. Post
    #14
    Great ****ing show.

    Sheen and Tennant are superb in this.

  15. Post
    #15
    I was very worried about this being adapted, with Good Omens being in my top 10 books of all times.

    This series was brilliant fun, and dropped in loads of the 1 liners from the books too.

  16. Post
    #16
    TatonkaBill wrote:
    I think Benedict probably wins the most difficult to recognise award in this series.
    Especially considering hes only it for a few mins.
    Wait, where?

  17. Post
    #17
    Edward Diego wrote:
    Wait, where?
    He plays Satan.
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1869454...=tt_cl_sm#cast

  18. Post
    #18
    Some Christian nutcases have a petition going. They want Netflix to cancel Good Omens because of how blasphemous it is.

    That's right, they want the wrong company to cancel a show that's already finished.

  19. Post
    #19
    GaR wrote:
    Some Christian nutcases have a petition going. They want Netflix to cancel Good Omens because of how blasphemous it is.

    That's right, they want the wrong company to cancel a show that's already finished.
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. I would haha some more, but cbfed. God damn.

  20. Post
    #20
    Oh wow, didn't notice that during the "You're not my real Dad" scene.

  21. Post
    #21
    It's all okay now.