1. Post

Good Omens [Amazon Prime]

Been seeing adverts for this on Amazon Prime for a while, drops on the 31st. Looks like it could be a fun series. Starring David Tennant, Michael Sheen, Benedict Cumerbatch.

2. Post
    Watched the first ep tonight, quite enjoyed it.

3. Post
    This has got a pretty star studded cast.
    Enjoying it so far up, Sheen especially is brilliant.

4. Post
    Was prepared to hate it, as Good Omens is one of my favorite books ever, but I actually quite enjoyed it for the most part.

5. Post
    They've stayed very close to the book.

6. Post
    Have watched first 2 eps. Absolutely loving it.

Only issue I have is David Tennent's acting. It's like he was told to channel Bill Nighy (who I love to bits).

Michael Sheen is brilliant.

7. Post
    Rii wrote:

Only issue I have is David Tennent's acting. It's like he was told to channel Bill Nighy (who I love to bits).

Haha ... he does appear to be morphing into Bill Nighy in this.

8. Post
    Rii wrote:

He gets better as the series goes on. Was thrilled to see Chuck from Better Call Saul as the Witchfinder Sergeant, and Jack Whitehall as the Witchfinder Private.

9. Post
    **** yes. I love Jack Whitehall. I saw his name in the credits in ep2. Then got disappointed he was only appearing as a cameo. Then it hit present day and was elated to see him in a concrete role.

10. Post
    Michael Sheen is aight, Ill give it a watch, wurd.

11. Post
    Finished this the other night. What fun. Michael Sheen is excellent.

12. Post
    Rii wrote:
    **** yes. I love Jack Whitehall. I saw his name in the credits in ep2. Then got disappointed he was only appearing as a cameo. Then it hit present day and was elated to see him in a concrete role.
    I totally didn't recognise him at first. Took a wiki search to confirm lol.

13. Post
    i.e.awesome wrote:
    I totally didn't recognise him at first. Took a wiki search to confirm lol.
    I think Benedict probably wins the most difficult to recognise award in this series.
    Especially considering hes only it for a few mins.

14. Post
    Great ****ing show.

Sheen and Tennant are superb in this.

15. Post
    I was very worried about this being adapted, with Good Omens being in my top 10 books of all times.

This series was brilliant fun, and dropped in loads of the 1 liners from the books too.

16. Post
    TatonkaBill wrote:
    I think Benedict probably wins the most difficult to recognise award in this series.
    Especially considering hes only it for a few mins.
    Wait, where?

17. Post
    Edward Diego wrote:
    Wait, where?
    He plays Satan.
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1869454...=tt_cl_sm#cast

18. Post
    Some Christian nutcases have a petition going. They want Netflix to cancel Good Omens because of how blasphemous it is.

That's right, they want the wrong company to cancel a show that's already finished.

19. Post
    GaR wrote:
    Some Christian nutcases have a petition going. They want Netflix to cancel Good Omens because of how blasphemous it is.

That's right, they want the wrong company to cancel a show that's already finished.
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. I would haha some more, but cbfed. God damn.

20. Post
    Oh wow, didn't notice that during the "You're not my real Dad" scene.

21. Post
    It's all okay now.