Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. Post

thank you gift to bank manager? is it allowed?

I pulled some equity at these low interest rates and also the bank manager got me a "cash back" bonus

The process has been long getting a lot of paper work done etc, this guys been awesome and easy to deal with.

Was gonna grab him a voucher of sorts, however my work colleague recons this is a no-no as its could be seen as a bribe to get low interest rates / cash back. (despite that the gift would be after the fact)

Is it a no no?

2. Post
    Worked for ANZ and yes, they might have to reject it. Definately if its of a decent value

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

3. Post
    I know we had a policy but I can't remember it. I think it was anything over a $50 value had to be declined.

4. Post
    ask for his bitcoin address

5. Post
    bake him a ckae

6. Post
    Shit, I remember the day I had a bank manager for more than about 3 months, I could get loads more done. Now every time I speak to the bank, it's like the first time we've spoken.

7. Post
    Surely the bank manager gets a performance bonus for doing a good job?

And I'd say it's unnecessary for a business relationship.

8. Post
    bradc wrote:
    Shit, I remember the day I had a bank manager for more than about 3 months, I could get loads more done. Now every time I speak to the bank, it's like the first time we've spoken.
    Ugh, yeah. When they're not closing down branches, theres different staff in the remaining ones every time I enter.

9. Post
    I think I'll just get a voucher and then go see the guy say thanks and shake his hand passing him the voucher which will be folded up in my palm and say 'thanks for the cash back bro"

nothing suss about that right?

10. Post
    You'd be better off writing his boss a letter about how awesome he is

11. Post
    KevinL wrote:
    You'd be better off writing his boss a letter about how awesome he is
    Probably this tbh. Rare to get positive feedback.

12. Post
    stacrafty wrote:
    I think I'll just get a voucher and then go see the guy say thanks and shake his hand passing him the voucher which will be folded up in my palm and say 'thanks for the cash back bro"

nothing suss about that right?
    Honestly? Write in to ANZ and tell them you want to do this for him because you're that happy with his work, and that you're just checking if you'd be allowed to do it because you don't want to buy something only for it to go to waste. I think you'll find they'll make a thing out of it and THEY'LL give him a voucher on your behalf or something.

13. Post
    would actually be a pretty cool thing to do

14. Post
    mmd wrote:
    Honestly? Write in to ANZ and tell them you want to do this for him because you're that happy with his work, and that you're just checking if you'd be allowed to do it because you don't want to buy something only for it to go to waste. I think you'll find they'll make a thing out of it and THEY'LL give him a voucher on your behalf or something.
    I would definitely do this if my staff ever received positive feedback.

15. Post
    when a brah pulls some equity at low af rates he should hook up the bro who is slinging him his equity with a few Rutherfords.

16. Post
    Haha.

17. Post
    Could be seen as a no-no. Maybe take him out for lunch?

If he's done you a solid, at the very least make sure his superiors know that you're very happy with him.

18. Post
    Just give him a gobby and be done with it ffs.

19. Post
    mmd wrote:
    not honestly

But yeah will go into the head office tomorrow and if that gets no traction will write them a letter

20. Post
    went into head office, told them whats up, left my number

the guys direct manager called me, i gave good feedback, he said sweet always nice to hear good feedback

job done!

21. Post
    It would be hilarious if he gave you too good of a deal, one that shouldn't have been given or beyond his sign off, and now he's in trouble since the boss knows about it.

22. Post
    Dre wrote:
    It would be hilarious if he gave you too good of a deal, one that shouldn't have been given or beyond his sign off, and now he's in trouble since the boss knows about it.

lol I don't think so I got the standard 3 year rate (3.95%), but when i was like "and how does cash back thing work"
    hes ever so casually doesn't even look up, "oh you want that, ok... $1,800, we can do that for you"

23. Post
    stacrafty wrote:
    lol I don't think so I got the standard 3 year rate (3.95%), but when i was like "and how does cash back thing work"
    hes ever so casually doesn't even look up, "oh you want that, ok... $1,800, we can do that for you"
    That's a pretty small cash back to be fair, and a very standard rate. You should get at least 0.25 off a fixed, and up to 1.0 off floating rates.
    If you follow this thread over on PropertyTalk you can get a good idea of what a normal cashback is.

24. Post
    MoNk wrote:
    That's a pretty small cash back to be fair, and a very standard rate. You should get at least 0.25 off a fixed, and up to 1.0 off floating rates.
    If you follow this thread over on PropertyTalk you can get a good idea of what a normal cashback is.
    I've negotiated interest rates a few basis points lower on the floating mortgages I''ve had.
    I got 3.95%, maybe could have gone lower on that.

Happy with the cash back though, a guy over there is saying hes getting $3k for $600k debt.
    I got $1,800 for $300k.

25. Post
    stacrafty wrote:
    Happy with the cash back though, a guy over there is saying hes getting $3k for $600k debt.
    I got $1,800 for $300k.
    Yeah, they are mostly big borrowers on there, but it's a very good thread to check to see what people are getting.

My last offer 2 years ago for $150k was 0.25% off, and $250 Cashback - Elevated to $1500 cashback after laughing at $250. They weren't giving out cashbacks at all at the time.
    Mortgage is paid off now - but I will be borrowing about 200-250k in a few months again. Rates are so low