1. Post

Type F to NZ (whatever type that is) power strip

So I'm leaving this island and heading to bigger lands, I'm trying to find a power strip which has a Type F (or schuko plug) on the end, but the actual board has the good ol' NZ/AU sockets.

As you can tell, I'm a little lost on what actual terms I should be Googling for. Where do I look?

2. Post
    Pair of scissors and a screwdriver.

L to L, N to N, E to E.

3. Post
    Yeah that was my next step but was hoping to just throw money at the problem as I'll need 5 or so of the things.

4. Post
    I'd just chuck a travel adapter on the end if you can't find anything. I have a Xiaomi power strip that is the other way around in that it has an AU/NZ power plug but the power sockets on the board are universal - actually one of those with the plug adapter they supply would sort you for everything.

There are different size versions of it, which you will find here
    Last edited by HELL KNIGHT; 21st May 2019 at 9:37 pm.

5. Post
    Yeah an adapter on the end was my first thought, but I've already got a pretty big chain and some adapters adapting other adapters etc and the idea of another adapter in the mix makes me think I'll be a fire statistic before I know it, because smoke alarms are for chumps.

Might be the easiest option though.

6. Post
    Seems like something with such a small market, it won't exist.

7. Post
    What are you connecting to the power board? Can the jug cords be swapped to match whatever country you're going to? Thats what we did in japan and then coming back. Just got jug cords for both countries and swapped over computers/monitors/tv etc to match the right one.

8. Post
    Could for some, but not all. Decided to take everything with me including the TV and audio stuff of which some have 'built in' plugs etc.

I just ordered a bunch of NZ power boards and travel adapters though so eh problem solved I suppose.

9. Post
    TV isn't gonna work eh (at least for broadcast tv)

Although who watches broadcast TV these days

10. Post
    KevinL wrote:
    TV isn't gonna work eh (at least for broadcast tv)

Although who watches broadcast TV these days
    Not worried in the slightest, I've not connected my TV here in NZ, and don't plan to do it overseas, plus I don't speak the language and they don't broadcast anything in English so meh.

11. Post
    Privoxy wrote:
    Not worried in the slightest, I've not connected my TV here in NZ, and don't plan to do it overseas, plus I don't speak the language and they don't broadcast anything in English so meh.
    Fair enough, but don't come crying to us when your hot Portuguese girlfriend can't access her telenovelas because your TV is from the wrong region

12. Post
    You know I will, and I'll expect an answer.

13. Post
    Type F is Asia, right? I wasn't ever able to find anything like this so I just stuck an adaptor to the end of a power strip, but the most annoying part was they randomly switch between 120V and 240V for no apparent reason and I had great difficulty telling which plug was which.

Also the Earth on type F is frequently not connected to anything, and when it is, its exposed on the outside of the plug :/

14. Post
    F is most of europe

15. Post
    Just looked it up, type F and type C (same as F but without Earth) are used around Asia too (South Korea in my case). I'm familiar with those plugs, especially the type C, damn they're annoying flimsy pieces of crap. Easy to plug both of them around the wrong way, too. If your device doesn't have a rectifier or some other way to cope with the active being on the wrong side then poof goes the appliance.

16. Post
    Sell it all and buy new over there I say. New Land new devices.

17. Post
    some of those smart power strips have multiplug inputs that accept NZ and you can just get the version of it based for the country you are moving too.

probably easier to just get a nice NZ powerstrip and rewire it with a different end plug, it's not hard.

18. Post
    Markuchi wrote:
    Sell it all and buy new over there I say. New Land new devices.
    Yeah idk what prices are like over there, but NZ is well known for price gouging re: consumer goods. It's fairly likely you'll make enough selling second hand to purchase better equipment over there eh

19. Post
    Problem is selling my stuff will be hard as most of it's very high end and I'll loose a lot on it.

Electronics are pretty expensive and there is something like a 25% VAT on everything.

Company is paying all the shipping, and gear is only a year or so old so makes sense to take it.

20. Post
    You could try enquire at rackpower.co.nz.
    I've had a custom power cable made by them a few years back

I think they can do custom power strips like you're asking for provided they have type F plugs in stock.