Page 5 of 5 First ... 2345

1. Post
    Daynger wrote:
    https://www.kiwiblog.co.nz/2012/11/e...ike_river.html

Sorry, i didnt even pasta the link i copied.
    This was what I was referring to, but I have also seen it elsewhere.

2. Post
    John Key did not want the mine re-entered because it contains evidence that will incriminate him.

3. Post

4. Post
    I heard that they through all the evidence which would free Mark Lundy & Scott Watson in Pike River before SIS agents blew it up

Look into it is all I'm saying

5. Post
    Llama_360 wrote:
    John Key did not want the mine re-entered because it contains evidence that will incriminate him.
    At first I thought this said John Kelly because it made more sense that way

6. Post
    Quasi ELVIS wrote:
    There are a hundred better things to spend money on than digging skeletons out of a mine. I don't understand why anyone beyond the wives and mothers would give a shit.
    Because our culture generally respects the dead and endeavours to bring them home?

https://edition.cnn.com/2014/06/09/o...ind/index.html

That some cultural value is why WINZ gives out funeral grants, why bereavement leave is a thing, why SAR volunteers and rescue helicopters spend weeks scouring the hills for someone who is dead.

For some reason, y'all forget about it and suddenly become mining experts focused on the risk (as opposed to the actual mining experts involved in the recovery who are aware of the risk and work to minimise it) when it's Pike River.

7. Post
    ^ Well said.

8. Post
    While I don't really care how much it costs, I loathe that its become a PR circus, which will cause pressure to take even more risks, and am mostly concerned that more people will die.

...And then we'll get the "I told you so's"

9. Post
    Llama_360 wrote:
    Yes, JK knew they were digging too deep! He knew they would find the mole people!
    The mole people are proof of lizard people.
    Chemtrails!
    CHEMTRAILS!

10. Post
    ^You forgot the moon landings too. Chemtrails and fake moon landings seem to go together.

11. Post
    It's a bit early to celebrate anyway, they are only in the drift. From memory previous rescue teams/efforts have been around 300m past that, and robots with video up to 1500m.

12. Post
    You can read the weekly plan here

https://www.pikeriverrecovery.govt.nz/documents/

It does not cover future tasks due to the nature of the job(unexpected issues or delays could happen) and iirc it's updated every week

13. Post
    Edward Diego wrote:
    Because our culture generally respects the dead and endeavours to bring them home?

https://edition.cnn.com/2014/06/09/o...ind/index.html

That some cultural value is why WINZ gives out funeral grants, why bereavement leave is a thing, why SAR volunteers and rescue helicopters spend weeks scouring the hills for someone who is dead.

For some reason, y'all forget about it and suddenly become mining experts focused on the risk (as opposed to the actual mining experts involved in the recovery who are aware of the risk and work to minimise it) when it's Pike River.
    Fair enough I suppose. Going into a mine that exploded last time anyone looked at it to respect the dead by creating more dead is the problem I have with the idea. It's much different than WINZ funeral grants and looking with a helicopter.

14. Post
    Quasi ELVIS wrote:
    Fair enough I suppose. Going into a mine that exploded last time anyone looked at it to respect the dead by creating more dead is the problem I have with the idea. It's much different than WINZ funeral grants and looking with a helicopter.
    Nailed it, when was the last time WINZ granted $1 million per funeral, besides which wouldn't have ACC already paid to the families for funeral expenses?

15. Post
    Quasi ELVIS wrote:
    Looking with a helicopter can be dangerous also, but as mentioned, its seemingly only a concern when its Pike.