1. Post

Public Speaking as a Hobby

If anyone in the Wellington area is interested in learning or getting better at Public speaking then here is a link to the most convenient Toastmasters in the Hutt Valley.

Alternatively if you just have some questions about Toastmasters or Public Speaking in general would be happy to answer them.

Cheers

Wrighty

2. Post
    I ****in' hate public speaking, just for the main fact that i am a person who just wants to cut to the chase when i'm talking personally and when listening to others. I get bored and can't be ****ed with long winded answers from ****s when I just want to know a simple question.

3. Post
    Digital Citizen wrote:
    I ****in' hate public speaking, just for the main fact that i am a person who just wants to cut to the chase when i'm talking personally and when listening to others. I get bored and can't be ****ed with long winded answers from ****s when I just want to know a simple question.
    I feel you here. I don't like listening to corporate strategic renewal speeches in particular. Most of those particularly long winded speakers could use public speaking training and errantly believe they are good,

Toastmasters speeches are generally 5 to 7 minutes so even as a listener if a topic bores you, e.g. a speech is about gardening and you aren't interested in gardening, it is over pretty quick.

Cheers

4. Post
    Lidia wrote:
    Actually, I'm really interested in learning at public speaking because I want to cope with my shiness
    Pls send n00dz to help overcome shiness.

5. Post
    Interesting Hobby.