Page 1 of 2 12 Last
Results 1 to 25 of 29

  1. Post
    #1

    NZ vs India warm up match

    4 wickets down before 20 overs at 77 runs. Pretty good

  2. Post
    #2
    I'll upgrade that to six... lol India

    They look worryingly thin past Kohli, especially if it's moving a touch

  3. Post
    #3
    lol 1 over after this thread it went to 81/6

  4. Post
    #4
    And now Dhoni's gone 91/7

  5. Post
    #5
    I wouldnt mind after this if they put Guptil and Munro? out now and they smash the total in 10-15 overs.

  6. Post
    #6
    frankthetank wrote:
    I wouldnt mind after this if they put Guptil and Munro? out now and they smash the total in 10-15 overs.
    Even if we chase it in 10-15 overs, we'll bat out the 50. It is just a warmup game.

  7. Post
    #7
    Dammit did i actually believe in Colin Munro

  8. Post
    #8
    God he was so late on that ball and Bumrah wasn't even warmed up

  9. Post
    #9
    Such a shame about Will Young's injury. Munro just doesn't cut it at this level

  10. Post
    #10
    I missed the first innings but I've been watching the second and it doesn't seem like they're taking it super serious. India would get more than 180 if they were trying harder.

    Good to see Ross and Kane playing well.

    They might as well be playing in Delhi as far as the crowd goes.

  11. Post
    #11
    Still great we're beating India in the warmup. Good sign for the tournament.

  12. Post
    #12
    frankthetank wrote:
    Still great we're beating India in the warmup. Good sign for the tournament.
    It's better than nothing but I wouldn't get too excited about it until they beat them in a proper WC game.

  13. Post
    #13
    frankthetank wrote:
    Still great we're beating India in the warmup. Good sign for the tournament.
    Yeah, confidence is huge in any sport, always good to be playing well going into an important tournament.

    I definitely prefer having two power hitters at the top of the order as that type of combo has to unsettle any opening bowling attack... but it's brainless that the coaches are giving Munro a free licence to basically slog at every ball, it's fine him attacking the loose balls but really silly trying to smash the really good balls at the start of an innings, more important in the early stages to get your eye in & play the ball on it's merit.

    Bumrah has a very strange bowling run in etc, he starts with a weird walk, then goes into hop skip & jump & delivers the ball with a sort of contortionist arm action but the bloke is very effective, it's all about what makes a player feel more comfortable & works well for them, so you keep executing it.

  14. Post
    #14
    Quasi ELVIS wrote:
    It's better than nothing but I wouldn't get too excited about it until they beat them in a proper WC game.
    No one is getting excited, but it's nice to see our main guys perform after a long time away... we've been the least active ODI side this year. Good to get the IPL out of the system.

    Munro was never going to challenge Bumrah, but that was a cracking ball that would have got a few others... possibly Nicholls early on too. It's a long tournament.

  15. Post
    #15
    <N> wrote:
    No one is getting excited, but it's nice to see our main guys perform after a long time away... we've been the least active ODI side this year. Good to get the IPL out of the system.

    Munro was never going to challenge Bumrah, but that was a cracking ball that would have got a few others... possibly Nicholls early on too. It's a long tournament.
    Yea it was a blood good ball, it was just how late he was though that concerned me...you just need to compare him to Kane....Kane was very patient early on, knowing it was a warm-up game and it was a great opportunity to just have time in the middle against the best bowler in ODI cricket....meanwhile Munro, first ball charges and has a wog down the ground. He knew it wasn't the easiest pitch to score runs on early in an innings, yet he thought that was a good thing to do (in a warm-up game when he should just get time in the middle). And don't anyone play the "it's the way he plays card" - good players will adapt their game to the situation

  16. Post
    #16
    <N> wrote:

    Munro was never going to challenge Bumrah, but that was a cracking ball that would have got a few others... possibly Nicholls early on too. It's a long tournament.
    Yeah, was an excellent yorker, but with Munro's idiotic approach of trying to hit every ball into the stands he was never going to get his bat down quick enough to give himself a chance of getting bat on the sandshoe crusher.

  17. Post
    #17
    Indigo1 wrote:
    Yea it was a blood good ball, it was just how late he was though that concerned me...you just need to compare him to Kane....Kane was very patient early on, knowing it was a warm-up game and it was a great opportunity to just have time in the middle against the best bowler in ODI cricket....meanwhile Munro, first ball charges and has a wog down the ground. He knew it wasn't the easiest pitch to score runs on early in an innings, yet he thought that was a good thing to do (in a warm-up game when he should just get time in the middle). And don't anyone play the "it's the way he plays card" - good players will adapt their game to the situation
    Yeah, but Kane was patient and willing to dig in. Munro went out there to blast, which I think was the right approach... but you just need a bit more respect for Bumrah than that. Hit Kumar and Pandya, but Bumrah is different gravy. He has the dipping yorker, Munro just didn't pick it up. He was late on it, but also stuck on the crease. Rohit was late on Boult's one too.

  18. Post
    #18
    Neesham has a bad habit of bowling too much down leg to right hand batsmen... the commentators made a good point that his fingers move across the ball just before he releases it out of his hand so loses direction, it's obviously a bad habit that he has but surely he can make an adjustment by landing the ball a bit more across to the offside to counter it, that would probably be a better option than him trying to change the way he holds the ball and releases it out of his hand at this late stage of his career.

  19. Post
    #19
    signman wrote:
    Neesham has a bad habit of bowling too much down leg to right hand batsmen... the commentators made a good point that his fingers move across the ball just before he releases it out of his hand so loses direction, it's obviously a bad habit that he has but surely he can make an adjustment by landing the ball a bit more across to the offside to counter it, that would probably be a better option than him trying to change the way he holds the ball and releases it out of his hand at this late stage of his career.
    He does, but it's that that also got him his first wicket, was a pretty good ball that Pandya had no idea about as it cut away. I just think he likes to bowl cutters but lacks accuracy with it so ends up pushing it down leg.

    His shit balls often get wickets though, it's not a terrible thing that he bowls some bad balls as batsmen's eyes light up and they make mistakes.

  20. Post
    #20
    I'd prefer he just bowls good balls but 6 of one I guess.

  21. Post
    #21
    <N> wrote:
    Yeah, but Kane was patient and willing to dig in. Munro went out there to blast, which I think was the right approach... but you just need a bit more respect for Bumrah than that. Hit Kumar and Pandya, but Bumrah is different gravy. He has the dipping yorker, Munro just didn't pick it up. He was late on it, but also stuck on the crease. Rohit was late on Boult's one too.
    Warner goes out there to "blast" as well, but even he tones it back when needed.

  22. Post
    #22
    I don't think it is an issue of Munro choosing to blast too much, since he tried to block the one he got out to. It is more an issue that he has a flawed technique and can't handle the premier pacemen in the world.
    Whether he bats fast or slow he will get out for a low score against them.

  23. Post
    #23
    wrighty wrote:
    I don't think it is an issue of Munro choosing to blast too much, since he tried to block the one he got out to. It is more an issue that he has a flawed technique and can't handle the premier pacemen in the world.
    Whether he bats fast or slow he will get out for a low score against them.
    He's a kind of flat track bully. That said, he could win us a big game if the stars align.

    Munro, Guptil, Williamson, Taylor is a great top 4.

  24. Post
    #24
    Quasi ELVIS wrote:
    He's a kind of flat track bully. That said, he could win us a big game if the stars align.

    Munro, Guptil, Williamson, Taylor is a great top 4.
    Kane is a fool of a captain for agreeing to persist with Munro. Brendon wouldn't put up with him.

  25. Post
    #25
    wrighty wrote:
    Kane is a fool of a captain for agreeing to persist with Munro. Brendon wouldn't put up with him.
    sigh... that's because we had Brendon

    Brendon is a huge fan of Munro and batted a heap with him in the CPL, very well too. There's more to it than just Kane agreeing to persist with him, but jeez, any captain is going to back whoever is selected. There aren't a ton of good opening options.

    I hardly think he's a fool anyway given Munro's proven ability in international T20, against top quality attacks. Remember how many games Donkey got under Baz? Picking Elliot was a punt for the WC too, he didn't know it was going to pan out like it did.