1. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Obviously SirGrim does.

RSI is an easily avoidable, self-imposed problem. Get more ergonomic equipment and/or furniture and exercise some self-control by playing in moderation.

Also the likes of "lapboards" are a thing. I.e. KB+M peripherals optimised for couch use.
    hunched over a desk/wonders why he has RSI

2. Post
    Lootboxes confirmed, but no surprises there. https://twitter.com/LegacyKillaHD/st...721710080?s=19

3. Post
    Been playing this morning.

Can confirm the game is a campfest, no mini-map is a horrible idea.
    Maps are average at best

4. Post
    No mini map is a great idea!

5. Post
    I remember when World at War was the last CoD game that didnt have DLCs, loot boxes or any form of micro transactions...

Sadly this stuff will remain as long as people buy, end of story.

6. Post
    Is the download for the beta up yet (not the early access one)?

checked out ps store this morning but guess it hadnt hit the beta time yet

7. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    No mini map is a great idea!
    I thought so too, until I actually played it.

8. Post
    matt8485 wrote:
    Been playing this morning.

Can confirm the game is a campfest, no mini-map is a horrible idea.
    Maps are average at best
    Haven't played it but yeah, the maps aren't looking great so far. Hopefully there are better to come, or at least COD4 remasters.

9. Post
    I still don't get the no mini map thing. I guess seeing the glowing outlines of your team mates through walls is so much more realistic

10. Post
    Really enjoying the beta so far. Even the lack of mini map isn't bugging me as much as it was at first. Got UAV's quite often so wasn't that big a deal. The one thing I still hate about it is constantly having to turn around when you hear footsteps to check whether its an enemy or team mate.

The maps aren't that bad imo. I think they're a good size but they do have bit too many camping spots for my liking. Definitely not as shithouse as the one in Ghosts which were easily the worst.

Definitely a bit too much camping going on but overall I like the slower pace of the game compared to all that futuristic shit of the last few years.

11. Post

12. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Pretty sure it's open beta as of 5am this morning

13. Post
    Halluelujah the mini-map is back!!

Now all they need to do is to brighten up interiors so its easier to see people camping inside from the outside & get rid of claymores or at least make the laser tripwires easier to see.

14. Post
    Pitty, back to usual COD spam fest then

15. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Pitty, back to usual COD spam fest then
    Nah the mini map isn't the same as before. You don't show up on it everytime you shoot an unsuppressed weapon. Its basically so you know where your team mates are in relation to you. I like it because if I hear footsteps near by I can tell if its an enemy or not without having to look or go in that direction.

I still hate all the camping that's going on & its hard to rush with an SMG & do well like I usually do but overall I still like it.

16. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Nah the mini map isn't the same as before. You don't show up on it everytime you shoot an unsuppressed weapon. Its basically so you know where your team mates are in relation to you. I like it because if I hear footsteps near by I can tell if its an enemy or not without having to look or go in that direction.

I still hate all the camping that's going on & its hard to rush with an SMG & do well like I usually do but overall I still like it.
    Oh ok, but how do you know it isn't just an enemy walking behind your teammate? :P

These maps seem a little bigger than the last cod I played which is nice and the gun's have some decent recoil to them.

I think the PS4 version is maybe bugged cause the graphics on my pro is way off. The last cod game I played on PS4 looked better than this, it's actually a step down and it looks like a PS3 version of CoD

http://iforce.co.nz/i/q3uzhkh5.u4m.jpg

http://iforce.co.nz/i/j1gj4cfs.sym.jpg
    Last edited by SirGrim; 15th September 2019 at 1:00 pm.

17. Post
    It is a beta test build, it is normal for it to not have high-res textures to save on download size.

18. Post
    After playing the beta for most of the weekend I'm on the fence about this game. I mean its decent but it really isn't that fun especially when you compare it to the last good CoD game BO3. Even with all the boost jumping and wall running BO3 was way better & definitely more fun. Even games when I was beasting & getting 30 kills I wasn't really having a blast or anything.

I think all the camping shit ruins the game. Makes it a bit of a chore having to check around every corner & through every window. I got pretty decent at changing up my play style and slowing it down but that wasn't really fun to me. The last few games I was like **** it and just started running around like a maniac with a shotgun. That was more fun to me but obviously had mixed results lol. Also not really a fan of the maps. I prefer the 3 lane style maps of older CoDs. Games just flow better & are faster paced.

I'll probaly still keep my preorder since the SP looks good & I enjoyed the 2v2 alpha (which is for more fun to me than TDM etc). Also keen to check at Ground War next weekend.

19. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    After playing the beta for most of the weekend I'm on the fence about this game. I mean its decent but it really isn't that fun especially when you compare it to the last good CoD game BO3. Even with all the boost jumping and wall running BO3 was way better & definitely more fun. Even games when I was beasting & getting 30 kills I wasn't really having a blast or anything.

I think all the camping shit ruins the game. Makes it a bit of a chore having to check around every corner & through every window. I got pretty decent at changing up my play style and slowing it down but that wasn't really fun to me. The last few games I was like **** it and just started running around like a maniac with a shotgun. That was more fun to me but obviously had mixed results lol. Also not really a fan of the maps. I prefer the 3 lane style maps of older CoDs. Games just flow better & are faster paced.

I'll probaly still keep my preorder since the SP looks good & I enjoyed the 2v2 alpha (which is for more fun to me than TDM etc). Also keen to check at Ground War next weekend.
    So what you saying is, the game is not longer about running around and bouncing off walls like acid tripping gummy bear while getting from your spawn to enemy spawn in 0.5 sec, getting 20 kills and an epileptic fit?

oh come on... I was looking forward to my next bout of the shakes...

PS: this was meant as some major tongue in cheek.

20. Post
    I dunno aye, everything insomniac doesn't like, I do! The last few CoD games required the player to either have ADHD or be on Ritalin - the series needs to be slowed down a bit!

21. Post
    I tend to agree with you SirGrim. I understand that CoD has always been fast paced, but I felt over the years the game just got faster and faster.

I remember playing WW2 beta weekend and felt the speed of the game was ridiculous...

22. Post
    Fair comments from both Lothy & Sir Grim lol. Don't get me wrong I still prefer boots on the ground over the futuristic boosting around shit. BO1 is my favourite CoD game afterall. Also Advanced Warfare is my most hated CoD so the ADHD acid tripping comments aren't competely accurate lol. BO3 had boosting n shit but it wasn't OTT like AW & was a lot of fun so I could overlook that.

I admit I'm a full on rusher who hates camping with a passion which is why I'm not enjoying this game as much as some older CoDs. I can't stand bitch ass campers & snipers lol. Theres just so much camping going on this game. The game even encourages camping by bringing back claymores, having so much cover & head glitching spots, making it hard to see campers inside buildings because its so dark when looking in from the outside etc etc. Also the map design definitely favours campers.

I don't mind a slightly slower pace but they shouldn't reward camping & punish rushing so much. They need to find a better balance. The original MW was slower than the other CoD's after it but it was still a fun game.

23. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    I admit I'm a full on rusher who hates camping with a passion which is why I'm not enjoying this game as much as some older CoDs. I can't stand bitch ass campers & snipers lol. Theres just so much camping going on this game. The game even encourages camping by bringing back claymores, having so much cover & head glitching spots, making it hard to see campers inside buildings because its so dark when looking in from the outside etc etc. Also the map design definitely favours campers.
    Game that is a reboot of the original Modern Warfare has similar design principles? *Insomniac = shocked pikachu.jpg*

24. Post
    https://charlieintel.com/how-cross-p...warfare/56565/

So the matchmaking system is cross platform and is based Control input.
    So regardless of platform if you use a mouse you can play with other mouse users and if you use a controller you only play with other controller users.

But there is a opt out button and if you hit that then the filters are removed and you can play with everyone and that means mouse gamers going directly against controller gamers - I can't wait to find Insomniac in game now
    Last edited by SirGrim; 18th September 2019 at 8:42 am.

25. Post
    @Ins0mn1ac
    I 100% understand. Campers holding a point is one thing. Campers sitting in a dark corner waiting for easy pickings is another...

I could be wrong, but the game tempo is truer to the old MW. Below are 2 games, 1 from the original MW (domination) and WW2 (domination). I could be wrong, but WW2 looks and feels faster, while MW had a slower pace. Let me know what you guys think.

Added BO3 it is actually ridiculous...

MW:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IabCBcQ2uh4

WW2:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKQzWKQo1Nw

BO3:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnppLb0h708