Page 3 of 3 First 123

1. Post
    Lothy wrote:
    I dont fully understand. They stated that PC gamers will be able to play with console gamers. So dont know what you mean about playing with a game pad...
    You won't be allowed to matchmake with pub console players if you're using KB+M.

(Fortnite-style “input matchmaking” will help avoid PC players stomping everyone, as is a common concern. You match with other players with your style of input, controller or M+K, and only go “out of your league” if you’re partied with a PC friend on console, which will get you into mainly PC games).
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultas.../#1220e0663c3b

2. Post
    Your article states the following "Second, in the spirit of fully keeping the playerbase together, Modern Warfare will have true crossplay between Xbox One, PS4 and PC, no strings attached."

I may be reading it wrong, but i dont think i am.

3. Post
    It's cute that you're so eager to find straws to grasp at to prove me wrong. Keep coming up with excuses to deny reality by all means.

There would be riots on social media from console players if they let KB+M and gamepad users PvP with each other in pubs uncompromised. The developers clearly have that foresight.

4. Post
    LOL, and you are quite adorable with your head in the sand.

What i find funny about this little crossing of swords, is we are both right. If you are playing with a K+M, you are most likely to be teamed up against the same. But if you are playing with ppl that are on a console, then you will be teamed up the same. Same system is being used in Fortnite (which is the main reason why they are also implementing it) and from what I can see there are no fire and pitchforks on the streets.

5. Post
    Lothy wrote:
    Same system is being used in Fortnite (which is the main reason why they are also implementing it) and from what I can see there are no fire and pitchforks on the streets.
    Friends partying up across platforms would be a minority of pub players. The Fortnite playerbase is even more casual than the CoD one. There's a vocal contingent of CoD players on consoles who're hardcore enough that they buy "eSports" controllers like the Xbox One Elite and Scufs to give themselves advantages. I.e. the type who notice when people use XIM KB+M adapters on consoles and will bitch about them.
    Last edited by EvaUnit02; 6th August 2019 at 10:08 pm.

6. Post
    **** who gives a shit, its about having fun. If you want to be on a level playing field you know what to do

7. Post
    Current Create-a-Class setup. Closer to a traditional style system.

Weapons

Primary
    Up to five attachments.
    Each attachment has positives and negatives
    Categories
    Assault Rifles
    SMGs
    Shotguns
    LMGs
    Marksman Rifles
    Sniper Rifles

Secondary
    Up to 5 attachments
    Each attachment has positives and negatives.
    Categories
    Handguns
    Launchers
    No dedicated melee weapons.

Equipment

Lethal
    Frag Grenade (x1)
    Semtex (x1)
    Molotov Cocktail (x1)
    Claymore (x1)
    Throwing Knife (x1)
    C4 (x1)
    Thermite (x1)
    Proximity Mine (x1); Similar to a bouncing betty. Take no damage if prone.

Tactical
    Flash Grenade (x1)
    Smoke Grenade (x1)
    Stun Grenade (x1)
    Stim (x2): Instantly refill health.
    Decoy Grenade (x1)
    Gas Grenade (x1): Activates on impact.
    Snapshot Grenade (x1): Highlights enemy through walls. Countered by Cold-Blooded.
    Heartbeat Sensor (x1): Can't ADS while using. Countered by Ghost.

Perks

Tier 1 (Blue)
    Double Time: Triples the duration of Super Sprint, kills recharge Super Sprint
    E.O.D.: Reduced damage from non-killstreak explosives and fire. Hack enemy claymores, proximity mines, and C4.
    Scavenger: Resupply ammo from dead enemies.
    Tracker: Enemies leave behind footstep trails and death markers. Move 30% faster while crouched.
    Tune Up: Increases charge rate of field upgrades by %50.

Tier 2 (Red)
    Ghost: Undetectable by UAVs, Radar Drones, Heartbeat Sensors, and High Alert. Hides death makers. Does not require movement to be active.
    Hardline: Killstreaks require 1 less kill.
    Kill Chain: Killstreaks rewards earned in your current life earn kill credit for for other killstreaks.
    Overkill: Carry two primary weapons.
    Restock: Recharge equipment every 30 seconds.

Tier 3 (Yellow)
    Amped: Faster weapon swap and launcher reload speed.
    Battle Hardened: Reduced the effects of flash, stun and EMP grenades.
    Cold-Blooded: Undetectable by A.I. targeting system, thermal optics, amd immune to snap shot grenades.
    High Alert: Vision will pulse when enemies outside your field of view see you.
    Shrapnel: Spawn with an extra piece of lethal equipment. Explosive damage delays enemy health regeneration.
    Spotter: See enemy equipment, field upgrades, and killstreaks through walls. Mark them for your team by looking at them while aiming down sights.

Field Upgrades
    Recharges through time. Earning score will charge upgrades faster.
    Munitions Box: Resupply ammo and equipment. Can give random weapons. Recharge rate medium.
    Recon Drone: Controllable air drone that marks enemy players for teammates. Recharge rate slow.
    Stopping Power: Gain one magazine of increased damage. Rounds left over will carry over to next magazine if reloaded. Recharge rate slow.
    Trophy System: Blocks up to 3 pieces of equipment or projectiles. Recharge rate fast.
    Tactical Insert: Place a flare to mark the next spawn point.
    Deployable Cover: Portable, rapidly-deployable ballistic cover. Recharge rate fast.

Killstreak Rewards
    3 Kills
    Personal Radar
    4 Kills
    Counter UAV
    UAV: Radar for entire team.
    Care Package
    5 Kills
    Cluster Strike: Requires line of sight for targeting.
    Cruise Missile: Similar to Predator missile from MW2.
    Precision Airstrike: Requires line of sight for targeting.
    7 Kills
    Wheelson: Ground attack drone. Machine gun and rockets.
    Infantry Assault Vehicle: Airdropped tank. Must be captured to use. One for driver/gunner and one for top mounted machine gun.
    8 Kills
    Emergency Airdrop: Drops 3 carepackages.
    VTOL: Similar to MW2's Harrier.
    10 Kills
    Chopper Gunner: Similar to Gunship from BO1.
    White Phosphorus: Covers the battlefield with white smoke flares that will disorient the enemy and burn any that wanders too close.
    11 Kills
    Support Helo: Similar to Pavelow from MW2.
    12 Kills
    Gunship: Similar to AC-130 from MW2.
    Advance UAV: Sweeping radar that shows the direction the enemy is facing. Unknown if countered by Ghost.
    15 Kills
    Juggernaut: Call in a care package that drops an armored suit. Movement is slowed and carry a mini-gun.

Looks like Ghost will dominate the 2nd tier. High end Air Support could be good since most of the anti-air perks are in the third tier. R.I.P. objective play with killstreaks. Tac Insert, Stopping Power, Stim could be annoying.

8. Post

9. Post
    Its not much of a reveal, intro scenes, scripted sections, the occasional player clip, but no hud.

The deal breaker is when the hud ends up being all Candy Crush, & the game play super arcade bullet sponges.

10. Post
    KaskadeNZ wrote:
    Its not much of a reveal, intro scenes, scripted sections, the occasional player clip, but no hud.

The deal breaker is when the hud ends up being all Candy Crush, & the game play super arcade bullet sponges.
    What are you on about? there was about 100 youtubers/ twitch streamers that got to play the game early, 100's of hours of gameplay is available to watch with the hud

11. Post
    KaskadeNZ wrote:

The hud and menus are as clean as COD gets. It's far more realistic all around, and actually has recoil this time. Not really sure how hardcore you want a COD game to be, but there will be a realistic mode with no HUD too. Certainly not APEX levels of bullet sponge, looks about right to me. They've also said cosmetic items won't be out of place (like gold guns).

12. Post
    Also worth mentioning is that certain kills streaks that require bombardment, now are called in to bomb a location based on a laser-pen or binoculars, instead of pulling up a map. This means you have to have line of site to the target, and cannot call in bombardment to the other side of the map, unless you can visually see/mark it.

13. Post
    I see there is also dedicated servers, which is a big deal!

14. Post
    "Nope, Realism is a modifier you turn on. Night mode is a map variant you choose when you pick your map. They are independent and can be used together to create some intense gameplay "

Sounds good. Plenty of night maps should be a nice change. It's all sounding good so far, much will depend on the maps and player base now.

15. Post
    2v2 Alpha is up (on PS4 anyway )

16. Post
    Had a few games now. This 2v2 mode is really fun

17. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Had a few games now. This 2v2 mode is really fun
    Had some games of this today, gun play feels solid,weighty . Not a huge fan of 2v2 myself, but can see why some may like it

18. Post
    matt8485 wrote:
    Had some games of this today, gun play feels solid,weighty . Not a huge fan of 2v2 myself, but can see why some may like it
    Yeah the guns feel & sound awesome. They don't feel like lasers & have a good amount of recoil. Loving the old school TTK. This mode is quite refreshing having to think a bit more than your usual TDM mode etc. Having said that I do play it a bit like TDM where I just YOLO it and rush at the enemy instead of doing sneaky campy shit lol. It works out quite well most of the time so will stick to that tactic lol.