1. Post

Ford V Ferrari - (Matt Damon,Christian Bale)

One of the first major releases from Fox since being owned by Disney. Got a solid cast. I remember the grand tour episode they did on this story. Pretty keen.

2. Post
    Iconic piece of motor racing history. If it's like Rush is should be pretty cool (I know Rush wasn't really historically accurate, but it was a great movie). I wonder if there will be a Bruce Mclaren cameo.

3. Post
    In truth this is one film i would be able to just listen too with no picture and it would be perfect.

4. Post
    Not to mention Miles' co driver was Denny Hulme, we should see some kiwi representation unless they erase everyone else to focus on Ken v the Ferrari.

Either way, im keen to see this with a good sound system

5. Post
    They have got Ben (the Stig) Collins playing Denny Hulme and Benjamin Rigby as Bruce McLaren

6. Post
    Trailer looks a bit hokey, but it's an interesting story.

When it took place all the manufacturers were pushing the aerodynamic limits of the time, and the Mulsanne Straight provided the venue to find out what those limits were.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mulsanne_Straight

" One driver had an extremely lucky escape in 1986: a tyre on British driver Win Percy's 7.0 litre V12-powered Jaguar XJR-6 exploded at some 386 km/h (240 mph), tearing off the rear bodywork and flipping the car into the air "up above the trees".[6] The wreckage finally came to a halt 600 metres down the road. Although the vehicle was almost obliterated, Percy somehow walked away from the crash with nothing more than bad memories and a badly battered helmet."

"Speeds on the straight by the Group C prototypes reached over 400 km/h (250 mph) during the late 1980s. At the beginning of the 1988 24 Hours of Le Mans race, Paris garage owner Roger Dorchy driving for Welter Racing in a "Project 400" car dubbed the WM P88, and powered by a 2.8 litre turbocharged Peugeot V6 engine, which sacrificed reliability for speed (the car was out after just 53 laps or approximately 4 hours with turbo, cooling and electrical failure), was clocked by radar travelling at an all-time race record 405 km/h (252 mph).[4]"
    Last edited by Zarkov; 4th June 2019 at 6:04 pm.

7. Post
    I've watched a couple of doco's on this rivalry. Fell in love with the GT40 when I found it in Gran Turismo on the PS1.

Pretty excited to see this.

8. Post
    Ferrari P3 was prettier.Name:  index.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  7.6 KB