Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. Post

Baldur's Gate III - By Larian Studios

Coming to PC and Google Stadia

Swen (CEO Larian Studios) wrote:
    It's our biggest game ever.
    It's not what you expect it to be. It's going to be spectacular and grand. It's going to feature lots of tough decisions and memorable companions. It's going to be challenging, it's going to have a lot of systems. There will be a lot of stuff for you to explore and exploit. And you will be able to play in single and multiplayer.
    https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/06...-google-stadia

https://www.pcgamer.com/baldurs-gate...d-5th-edition/

https://www.pcgamer.com/baldurs-gate...thing-we-know/

Am I excited? Well they a picture says a thousand words.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BG and Larian.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	835.8 KB 
ID:	226283

Attached Images

Last edited by ChrisB; 7th June 2019 at 6:46 am. Reason: Adding links. Yeah, I am excited!

2. Post

3. Post
    I just finished Baldur's Gate 1 (Remastered ed). Last time I played it was 1999. I installed it just for a nostalgic taste - and ended up becoming hooked. Again. I was not expecting that.

Playing through the Dragonspear expansion right now (although I can't say it's of a similar quality - but that's a topic for another day...)

I can't think of any other 20 year old game that still has the ability to grab me and take my attention away from the backlog of 2019 releases in my list.

I really hope they pull this one off - and it does justice to what came before it. This is the sacred ground of gaming. We've been teased before about a BG3. I'm still in the "I'll believe it when I see it" camp.

Will this be the Holy Trinity of gaming? Or a 'we don't talk about that one' title?

4. Post
    In Larian we trust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Post
    in Larian we trust

tho if they turn around on the Epic games i am flying over to Belgium to have stern words with Swen! ( also to get a selfie with the awesome studio art stuff )

6. Post
    This is now the game I'm most excited about. Larian know and understand rpg's.

I am surprised though, since aren't they also making another game currently? Wasn't aware they were big enough to do two games at once, they must have grown? Huge undertaking to do two games at once.

7. Post
    I wonder if it's going to be a continuation of the originals or is taking the name just for marketing.

8. Post
    mintyOnion wrote:
    I wonder if it's going to be a continuation of the originals or is taking the name just for marketing.
    It's an all new story.
    https://www.pcgamer.com/au/baldurs-g...d-5th-edition/
    Sequels don't have to be direct story continuations.

Remember that that Baldur's Gate is also the name of an in lore city/location too.

9. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    It's an all new story.
    https://www.pcgamer.com/au/baldurs-g...d-5th-edition/
    Sequels don't have to be direct story continuations.

Remember that that Baldur's Gate is also the name of an in lore city/location too.
    Minsc or GTFO.

10. Post
    mintyOnion wrote:
    It's confirmed to be in 5th edition D&D, so it's set centuries after BG2.

11. Post
    Dream collabo and looks pretty big budget for Larian, can't wait.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

12. Post

13. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    Fecking hilarious love Larian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Post
    Grifty wrote:
    Minsc or GTFO.
    Yes! And boo!

15. Post
    The passion Larian brings (and pure dev skill) along with the Wizards passion for their D&D product.... goddamn, we gonna be in for a treat I think.

Looks way more grimdark with the Mindflayers takeover buzz...hope there's still that signature Larian humor though!

Edit: And MINSC & BOO PLS X 1000000

Last edited by IST; 9th June 2019 at 12:43 pm.

16. Post
    I doubt Minsc is in the game, it is set centuries after the last game isn't it?

Maybe his space hamster has survived though...

17. Post
    Bobs wrote:
    I doubt Minsc is in the game, it is set centuries after the last game isn't it?

Maybe his space hamster has survived though...
    I'm thinking they were frozen by Edwin as a prank, within a painting, and someone (protag in BG3) buys said painting from a travelling salesman in the Cloakwood in this new stanza of D&D history...

...and they are unleashed ready to be party members complete with Jim Cumming's voice...beautiful stuff, ready to smash some Beholders and the odd Mindflayer.

Golden Pantaloons indeed.

18. Post
    There is no BG without Minsc.

19. Post
    I hope there is no Minsc. I love that insane bald bastard, but I think Larian should leave all of the Bhaalspawn stuff behind, including all of the characters unless they can be feasibly included because they're long-lived, and even then only as non-recruitable NPCs.
    Respect the legacy, and forge ahead anew.

20. Post
    As a character his stats were average, it was only his nutty dialogue. Hope they move on, always new characters to play. More interested in which system they will adopt, 5th ed or Larians own stat system

21. Post
    Bloody wrote:
    More interested in which system they will adopt, 5th ed or Larians own stat system
    We know it's fifth edition. There is no way Wizards would let them make BG3 and not use 5th.

22. Post
    27th Feb, gameplay reveal.

Name:	Annotation 2020-02-19 091055.png 
Views:	55 
Size:	157.7 KB 
ID:	228225

23. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    27th Feb, gameplay reveal.

Name:	Annotation 2020-02-19 091055.png 
Views:	55 
Size:	157.7 KB 
ID:	228225
    So hyped for this: hoping for a good mix of Divinity OS2 style TB combat with some new hooks thrown in (even a RTwP option like Pillars perhaps, like OG Baldur's Gate).

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

24. Post
    IST wrote:
    So hyped for this: hoping for a good mix of Divinity OS2 style TB combat with some new hooks thrown in (even a RTwP option like Pillars perhaps, like OG Baldur's Gate).
    It's a D&D game based on the D&D rules, not sure how they can work DOS2 style combat into that. I think they'll piss off a lot of people, particularly hardcore BG fans, if they radically change the combat system from earlier BGs.

25. Post
    FMV cutscene, yawn.

EDIT:
    Here we go, gameplay.
    Last edited by EvaUnit02; 28th February 2020 at 5:18 pm.