Results 26 to 50 of 54

  1. Post
    #26
    1991:

    Another World
    Civilization
    The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
    Lemmings
    Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge
    Sonic the Hedgehog
    Street Fighter II
    Road Rash
    Final Fantasy IV
    Battle Toads
    Duke Nukem
    Eye of the Beholder 2

  2. Post
    #27
    Nothing really compares to the 90s and early 2000s. Just chasing the shit out of that dragon now.

  3. Post
    #28
    yeah thats bullshit, what you really miss is the no responsibility care free life you used to have

    games now are, like, twice as good, at least

    if i only had time to play them

  4. Post
    #29
    1972:

    Pong

  5. Post
    #30
    ludez wrote:
    That is the best year ever
    Not really Dimebag Darrell died that year.

  6. Post
    #31
    I'm just hyped for 3020, when Mount and blade Bannerlord gets released!

  7. Post
    #32
    mintyOnion wrote:
    Nothing really compares to the 90s and early 2000s. Just chasing the shit out of that dragon now.
    This pretty much. it was the birth of an industry and esports. So many things were new.

  8. Post
    #33
    Huw2k8 wrote:
    I'm just hyped for 3020, when Mount and blade Bannerlord gets released!
    Alongside Star Citizen which will be playable in your space ship, good times ahead!

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  9. Post
    #34
    2000 was actually the best

  10. Post
    #35
    What. wrote:
    if i only had time to play them
    Yeah this is the biggest problem. I barely have time to play half the games I already own, let alone anything new.

  11. Post
    #36
    Stimpy wrote:
    This pretty much. it was the birth of an industry and esports. So many things were new.
    Agreed. So much of today's stuff is a cookie cutter repeat of a game play style that's been done to death already.

  12. Post
    #37
    dr.m0x wrote:
    Agreed. So much of today's stuff is a cookie cutter repeat of a game play style that's been done to death already.
    Yeah it's become like the big movie industry, just make what works and repackage it each time.

  13. Post
    #38
    Pxndx wrote:
    Yeah it's become like the big movie industry, just make what works and repackage it each time.
    To be fair, it must be pretty hard these days coming up with new game ideas.

  14. Post
    #39
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    To be fair, it must be pretty hard these days coming up with new game ideas.
    There are heaps of great and original indie games. The big publishers just won't commit a huge budget to anything unproven...

  15. Post
    #40
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    To be fair, it must be pretty hard these days coming up with new game ideas.
    brand wrote:
    There are heaps of great and original indie games. The big publishers just won't commit a huge budget to anything unproven...
    The Battle Royal fad off developers just copying each other proves this, so much you can do with a large map with a lot of players but nope they all want to do Battle Royal..

    RDR Online should of been revolutionary by having an online posse of say 10 players per posse (clan) on a server vs 5~ other posses. You get a few AI NPCs that will travel around in a caravan till you set up a camp site, if you get attacked while traveling by other posses in get defeated you lose a lot of supplies / score. The supplies stays with your clan giving you a higher score to unlock new gear. Getting defeated at a camp site you lose less supplies / score.

    While in-game you might get an objective too say rob a bank / train, transport goods between cities in say after a few minutes another posse in the game gets an objective to stop you, so while your on the train robbing it another posse gets an objective to stop the robbery.
    All while this goes on you have to decide if you all go rob the train / transport the goods or leave a person or two behind to protect your camp site from others / attack another posse. You do however have a few NPC's (say you each get one NPC to control) that would stay behind to protect the camp site or even send them along with you. All about risk vs rewards, in the more score you get the better equipment / the more the other posses will want to attack you to gain more supplies for themselves.


    Overall, I just want a game that will be on a large map that has NPC's along with human players getting objectives to attack / defend objectives from other players / NPC's in a dynamic battlefield. Also want MMO's to evolve, so much you can do these days with video games but nobody / not many want to take risks.

  16. Post
    #41
    You're all looking at yesterday.

    1989 man.

    SimCity
    Golden Axe
    Minesweeper and Solitaire (what? you played and loved them)
    Budokan
    Prince of Persia
    DuckTales
    Pipe Mania (aka Pipe Dream)
    Vette! and Street Rod

  17. Post
    #42
    pyronical wrote:
    You're all looking at yesterday.

    1989 man.

    SimCity
    Golden Axe
    Minesweeper and Solitaire (what? you played and loved them)
    Budokan
    Prince of Persia
    DuckTales
    Pipe Mania (aka Pipe Dream)
    Vette! and Street Rod
    Street Rod was amazing.

  18. Post
    #43
    I need to rename this thread "Best Year of Gaming: Round 1...Fight!".

    So many good memories in here.

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  19. Post
    #44
    While the E3 announcements were great, I have to temper my excitement having been burned before. Great ideas can be ruined by greedy publishers, bug ridden releases or micro-transaction laden cash grabs. Some like Baldurs gate 3 we haven't seen enough to know what its going to be (I have high hopes with a great team getting a great IP). I'll say I'm excited to see beta/demos of ghost recon and star wars.

  20. Post
    #45
    pyronical wrote:
    You're all looking at yesterday.

    1989 man.

    SimCity
    Golden Axe
    Minesweeper and Solitaire (what? you played and loved them)
    Budokan
    Prince of Persia
    DuckTales
    Pipe Mania (aka Pipe Dream)
    Vette! and Street Rod
    Their Finest Hour: The Battle Of Britain

  21. Post
    #46
    Wertbag wrote:
    While the E3 announcements were great, I have to temper my excitement having been burned before. Great ideas can be ruined by greedy publishers, bug ridden releases or micro-transaction laden cash grabs. Some like Baldurs gate 3 we haven't seen enough to know what its going to be (I have high hopes with a great team getting a great IP). I'll say I'm excited to see beta/demos of ghost recon and star wars.
    I guess people are excited for Baldur's Gate 3 because of Larian's pedigree, with their previous games, no? I think they are a very trusted studio right now.

    Enviado do meu SM-N960F atravÚs do Tapatalk

  22. Post
    #47
    1998

    HL1

    That is all. It lead to some of the best games ever,

    -
    Battle Grounds - Best Revolutionary War title
    Day of Defeat - Best WW2 title
    Digital Paintball - Best paintball
    Earths Special Forces - The best DBZ game, so good
    HL Rally - Who would of thought HL in Rally in it was actually fun
    Hostile Intent - Best realistic tactical shooter
    Natural Selection - One of my fav games ever, Aliens vs Marines online. RTS / shooter, love NS2 as well
    Sven Co-op - One of the best co-op games ever
    Team Fortress - Not my fav thing still was fun
    The Specialists - Best matrix type game and it was MP like... all these games I'm listing
    The Trenches - One of the best WW1 games
    Tour of Duty - Best vietnam game
    Vampire Slayer - Best Vampire slaying game

  23. Post
    #48
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    Street Rod was amazing.
    |icED-e@RtH| wrote:
    Their Finest Hour: The Battle Of Britain
    kids don't even know

  24. Post
    #49
    Rumor wrote:
    Nothing beats 1997!!

    Final Fantasy VII
    Tekken 3
    Dungeon Keeper
    Mario Kart 64
    Shadow Warrior
    Blood
    Carmageddon
    GoldenEye 007
    Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee
    Ultima Online
    Fallout
    Total Annihilation
    Grand Theft Auto
    Age of Empires
    The Curse of Monkey Island
    PaRappa the Rapper
    Gran Turismo
    Age Of Empires is still very popular, I play it on Voobly

  25. Post
    #50
    pyronical wrote:
    kids don't even know
    Street Rod, brilliant game, imagine a remake with todays graphics.