1. Post

Tarantino Star Trek movie would be rated-R

So apparently Tarantino has been trying to get a Star Trek movie off the ground.

But first, a recap of events thus far: all the way back in December of 2017, we learned that Quentin Tarantino and JJ Abrams were working on a Star Trek movie together. This was great, exciting news, and was quickly followed by another update - Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek would be rated R. Two weeks later, we learned definitively that Tarantino would not be writing the script for this movie, just directing it. What followed were a flurry of minor news stories wherein various members of Star Trek casts old and new weighed in on the matter. Some of them expressed disbelief that the project might actually happen; some of them expressed interest in appearing in the film if it did. The whole thing's been a real roller coaster, and the end result was us deciding that the whole thing was probably just never gonna happen. After all, if something sounds too good to be true...

Which brings us to today. In a new interview with Empire Magazine (and as quoted by the folks over at TrekMovie.com), Tarantino says his Star Trek project is still very much in the works - he just hasn't had the time to weigh in on the screenplay yet:

“There’s a script that exists for it now, I need to weigh in on it, but haven’t been able to do that yet."

Pressed as to whether or not the movie really would be rated R, Tarantino says:

“Oh yeah! It’s an R-rated movie. If I do it, it’ll be R-rated.”
    https://birthmoviesdeath.com/2019/06...tar-trek-movie

This is really fascinating the fact that hes even considering this. Hes mentioned before about wanting to make a scifi movie. As one of his movies before retiring. I always thought it would be an original idea not a big franchise like Star Trek. I'm still not 100% convinced this will ever get made. But its interesting piece of film history for sure. "That time Tarantino almost made an R-rated Star Trek movie"

2. Post
    Bout time we got some Orion Slave girl tattahs.

3. Post
    I would be surprised but stoked if this actually happens.

4. Post
    just what I've been waiting for, Captain Kirk saying the n-word for some reason and weird lingering shots of Uhura's feet!

5. Post
    kierbear wrote:
    just what I've been waiting for, Captain Kirk saying the n-word for some reason and weird lingering shots of Uhura's feet!
    lmao