1. Post

Car insurance broker recommendations.

Thought I'd try and get a better insurance quote if it's even possible for a young man.

Most competitive price was from state at 880 for full cover and glass cover.

Everyone else was over a grand.

Anyone found that using a broker got a better deal?

I'm in Auckland.

Cheers.

2. Post
    What's the car and your age?

3. Post
    I tried a broker for car insurance, and the only time it was worthwhile was when I used to have the Uber car, because he put all my cars into one package, and effectively got a passenger service vehicle insured at a price not much more than a private passenger vehicle.

Every other time, I can get far cheaper insurance just by surfing all the online calculators and insuring the car directly myself.

Disclaimer, I'm old, and have three cars.

4. Post
    I have always found AMI to be significantly cheaper for my situation.

5. Post
    St4lk3r wrote:
    What's the car and your age?
    21 and 2010 corolla wagon. So kind of buggered either way.

AnotherLeon wrote:
    I tried a broker for car insurance, and the only time it was worthwhile was when I used to have the Uber car, because he put all my cars into one package, and effectively got a passenger service vehicle insured at a price not much more than a private passenger vehicle.

Every other time, I can get far cheaper insurance just by surfing all the online calculators and insuring the car directly myself.

Disclaimer, I'm old, and have three cars.
    Ah. The cheapest option I found was through an online calculator.

dickytim wrote:
    I have always found AMI to be significantly cheaper for my situation.
    They were one of the more expensive ones for me. I found state to be cheapest.

But in saying that I actually put down the 2 speeding tickets I have rather than lie by omission

6. Post
    I found Tower to be the cheapest for me. I'm paying $410 for my Skyline 350GT for full Insurance + Glass.
    AMI, ASB, AA, etc...all wanted about $1000+, State wanted about ~$800ish

That includes no claims discount & no under 25 drivers.

7. Post
    Cheers. I will have a look at them