1. Post

Extended New Car Warranty

Yeah or nah?

VW are offering an extra 2 years warranty for $600. Also includes their road side assistance. Normally costs $1200 (which is why I turned it down when I bought the car).

I think that's pretty much the cost of 2x 6 monthly services over 2 years. So it might even pay for itself? Although I don't know how often a new car gets serviced after the first year?

The warranty is transferrable. In case I sell before 5 years, which I may do...

2. Post
    errr, do they pay for the servicing normally? because a warranty isnt going to cover routine services unless its specified that it does (for it to pay for itself)

3. Post
    Yeah. Definitely.

4. Post
    St4lk3r wrote:
    errr, do they pay for the servicing normally? because a warranty isnt going to cover routine services unless its specified that it does (for it to pay for itself)
    Urm... Good point. Taking it in for its first service tomorrow.

Better read over the terms of my current warranty tonight. But you're probably right, service probably extra

5. Post
    well yea on pretty much every product that requires routine maintenance servicing is extra, warranty = when something goes wrong they fix it, youre still on the hook to keep up the maintenance

6. Post
    For VW? Absolutely worth it.

7. Post
    MegaManX wrote:
    For VW? Absolutely worth it.
    Yeah 2018 VW polo.

8. Post
    yes, yes, yes and yes, however it would be nice if they offered 5 years standard like a lot of other makes, they are supposed to be premium...

9. Post
    I guess they're being realistic about the chances of their product hanging together reliably for 5 years.

10. Post
    Haisley wrote:
    Yeah 2018 VW polo.
    Although I think VW make amazing cars driving/tech wise, their reliability rating leaves a lot to be desired. A lot of lemons, even with newish cars. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I personally believe that warranty will pay for itself in time. Just not worth that VW risk.

11. Post
    even for $1200 id go for it.

Ive always wondered about the CGA and new cars.
    What is a reasonable time for a car to not have issues? seems like lots of manufacturers are doing 5 year warranty standard.
    Is 5 years reasonable? then extended warranty unless added benefit kinda doesnt make sense.
    lots of hassle when you want to enforce that though.