1. Post

Does anyone know what this is/means/what it does :)

Hey all

We are looking at a Toyota Wish to replace my old sprinter so we can have the extra seats.

So far we have tried the common 7 seaters and found the 2009+ wish the nicest.

However quick questions
    The one we looked at today was the Sport (S) model which has stuff we don't need - push button start paddle gear change etc. However how much more likely are these likely to fail. It has 2 keys but assume they are $300+ to replace if ever needed?

Anyone have any idea what is written on these stickers stuck to engine?

Any idea what this button is meant to do? Didn't seem to do or change anything on dash when i pushed button.

https://www.bluestonecars.co.nz/vehi...-Wish/3352?s=1

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190616_104105a.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	309.8 KB 
ID:	226384

Name:	20190616_110935b.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	83.1 KB 
ID:	226385

2. Post
    Use Google Translate I think it's called, an app on your phone, then you can hold the phones camera over the text and it'll translate it

3. Post
    Tried that but failed. One of them came back as blowjob haha

4. Post
    Looks like service related stickers to me. Button maybe parking sensors?

5. Post
    Reliability of the things you mention will be fine. Google translate on your phone for those stickers, might just take a few tries to work out exactly what the translation means. Handy to have though on an import. One of them seems to be power steering or air conditioning.

/beaten

6. Post
    11k for that is way way too much

7. Post
    Been watching them for over 6 month's. 11k is about right for year/cond/kms and model.
    Older shape goes for plenty less.

8. Post
    wigglywormnz wrote:
    Been watching them for over 6 month's. 11k is about right for year/cond/kms and model.
    Older shape goes for plenty less.
    Have you looked at Odyssey's? Much nicer in pretty much every way

9. Post
    Yup
    Comparing trademe honda one
    2009 38kms $12k
    Nicer but 2.4l vs the newer more eco motor in wish. But has sliding doors which is nicer

10. Post
    Fair enough preference is up to you anyways. Just from what I've seen 11k for a wish is way to much for the car you are getting.

11. Post
    That button could either be reverse park sensors, parallel park sensors, or automatic parallel park.

Reverse park sensors would usually just activate automatically, and wouldn't have turning front wheels.

This indicates the third option:
    https://priuschat.com/threads/req-oe...install.30996/

But it's hardly definitive. I know one version has sensors and just tells you when to stop turning the wheel, when to straighten up etc, and doesn't actually control the vehicle at all. Others actually spin the steering wheel and you just press the accelerator/brake when it tells you.

12. Post
    It's apparently impossible to find the button itself, but chuck it in reverse and press the button and you should get a HUD like this if it's the last one:

Name:	Learn-to-Use-the-Toyota-Intelligent-Park-Assist-System_o-1038x420.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	52.2 KB 
ID:	226388

Assume all vehicles are 300+ to replace the keys if you lose them. You'll only really get non-transponder keys on the cheapest of cheap vehicles or work vehicles.

13. Post
    Top left is 'power aircon; injection [date]'
    Top right is 'coolant booster' (i think they mean the AC gas not engine coolant)
    Bottom is the kms the 'injection' was done and when it's next due.

One under the button is 'parking brake; please [blurry] the [blurry] again'

14. Post
    nile wrote:
    Top left is 'power aircon; injection [date]'
    Top right is 'coolant booster' (i think they mean the AC gas not engine coolant)
    Bottom is the kms the 'injection' was done and when it's next due.

One under the button is 'parking brake; please [blurry] the [blurry] again'
    Yeah pretty much. It is for the coolant though. https://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%83%AF%E.../dp/B004Y3EE9C
    It's meant to restore the cooling system properties. I've seen it but never used it. Assumed it was just snake oil.

That button is for the automatic parking system. Works like this https://youtu.be/BqrlN8KFakI

15. Post
    Working on a Prius today and it had that same button. I can see why needs it because its hard to judge where the corners thanks to its fugly design.

16. Post
    ollieboy wrote:
    It's meant to restore the cooling system properties. I've seen it but never used it. Assumed it was just snake oil.
    [/url]
    From looking at it ever so googly it looks like it's basically just an anti rust/corrosion product rather than like your usual "anti-freezes" which usually have that in it anyway.