1. Post

sound cutting out

my sound keeps cutting out on my headphones(ear buds),its going fine then it drops to only one side working,I have tried different headphones(ear buds) same problem,I have tried the rear audio plug and the same thing,it seems to work when I fiddle with the plug it goes back to both channels.then cuts out again now and then kind of annoying,I have tried updating sound drivers.
    WINDOWS 10

2. Post
    Download a linux liveCD (e.g. Linux Mint or Ubuntu) and see if the issue happens when booted into Linux

If it does then it's almost certainly a hardware issue - if not then Windows is probably the culprit

3. Post
    Sounds like a frequent problem with earbuds where the wires get pulled out slightly after a period of time and causes only one side to work properly. By all means test your software or plug your earbuds into your phone and check if there is a similar issue, but I'm pretty certain this is a issue with the jack.

You can help mitigate this issue in the future by buying earbuds with L shaped jacks which are usually more durable than I shaped ones.

4. Post
    IVIemories wrote:
    Sounds like a frequent problem with earbuds where the wires get pulled out slightly after a period of time and causes only one side to work properly. By all means test your software or plug your earbuds into your phone and check if there is a similar issue, but I'm pretty certain this is a issue with the jack.

You can help mitigate this issue in the future by buying earbuds with L shaped jacks which are usually more durable than I shaped ones.
    The fact that it's happening with more than one set of earbuds suggests the problem is with the computer eh

5. Post
    I dont think its a problem with the jack hole because the front and back audio holes make the same problem and I have tried out 2 different ear buds with the same result and they both work fine on my mp3 player

6. Post
    open up the case, unplug the front panel audio from the motherboard. See if the rear panel jack works any better

7. Post
    I think I have fixed it by blowing compressed air down the front hole and cleaning out my case good

8. Post
    KevinL wrote:
    The fact that it's happening with more than one set of earbuds suggests the problem is with the computer eh
    Opps, totally missed that part. My bad

9. Post
    Is it the same side cutting out all the time?

10. Post
    I'm not sure I just chuck my ear buds in my ears with no regard to left/right but all seems to be good right now might have been some dust in the hole been 2 years since I cleaned out the case (yes I clean filters regularly)

11. Post
    Now, I know many of you overclock and expect instability to be in the form of crashes and blue screens. However, my overclock seems to be totally fine...except for the sound.

You see, after about 20-30 hours running my overclock (flair), my sound driver dies. Since I've gotten my computer, I've tried to fix this. I've gone from front to rear to usb-DAC audio. For the front/rear outs, sound comes out, but with hissing and popping, with intensity increasing over computer on time. For the USB-DAC, sound just dies after 20-30 hours. Everything else works - even prime95, but I have no sound.

my question is, have any of you ever experienced audio instability with an overclock? I narrowed it down to my overclock because with everything default, this doesn't happen after even 60 hours, while with only a 4.5 GHz OC + increased CPU voltage + disabled intel turbo boost, it happens.

what should I do??? my board is a gigabyte z97mx-gaming 5 btw