1. Post

Lunatics and their smurfs.

Remember when spamming the shit out of a forum got you some attention from the admins and mods?

That was because the lunatics aren't supposed to be in charge, and anyway it's boring for normal people.

Why don't you guys get together, decide on what's acceptable and make a half arsed effort to enforce it?

2. Post
    Name:  old.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  29.5 KB

3. Post
    There's nothing worse than an armchair moderator who doesn't even bother to report the behaviour they bemoan.

4. Post
    GaR wrote:
    There's nothing worse than an armchair moderator who doesn't even bother to report the behaviour they bemoan.
    There's not enough hours in the day to report all the shit posting that goes on here.

You know it's happening, and yet you want me to waste my time reporting myriads of spammy posts.

There's one right above you if you're short of something to do.

5. Post
    ITT: Zarkov thinks his time is more valuable than anyone else's

6. Post
    Zarkov wrote:
    There's not enough hours in the day to report all the shit posting that goes on here.
    Yet somehow you expect us to moderate it all when you don't have enough time to click the report button. Not sure your reasoning is working here.

7. Post
    Zarkov wrote:
    Remember when spamming the shit out of a forum got you some attention from the admins and mods?

That was because the lunatics aren't supposed to be in charge, and anyway it's boring for normal people.

Why don't you guys get together, decide on what's acceptable and make a half arsed effort to enforce it?
    What makes a lunatic? Is it someone who does not agree with your point of view and offers a different one? That's just a forum user that doesn't agree with you.

8. Post
    dickytim wrote:
    What makes a lunatic? Is it someone who does not agree with your point of view and offers a different one? That's just a forum user that doesn't agree with you.
    He's talking about someone who repeatedly gets suspended for being a douchebag, and then creates another account so that they can carry on posting.

There have been a few that have said "I'm reformed! I want a fresh start! Pweeeese let me back! I promise to behave with my new handle, don't tell anyone i was formerly Douchebag A" etc. They often do behave for a certain amount of time, but you know, leopards/spots and all that - so far, they all seem to have reverted to type.

I'm with Zarkov on this one - i'm not criticising the mods at all (let me make that clear), just expressing that i agree the smurf situation is getting out of hand. If someone is suspended, and you know they have a smurf, the smurf should also be suspended (just my view, no hassle if mods don't agree). They should also be totally "outed" - i'm happy to give everyone a second chance, and if i know what winds them up, i can be more mindful of NOT pressing those buttons.

I guess i just like to know who i'm talking to. I'm the same at work; someone comes to ask me something, and i say "Oh God, what do you want?" - it's a joke, but i wouldn't say it to the CEO. Maybe you could give them a custom tag that says "Formerly Douchebag A" or whatever? We should know, and if they really want a fresh start, it's up to them to not respond how they did with their Douchebag A account if other people do try and wind them up.

They're the ones asking for the second chance, purporting to be reformed, so it's they that need to have the self control.

9. Post
    KevinL wrote:
    ITT: Zarkov thinks his time is more valuable than anyone else's
    Sure it is.

I have less of it left than you guys.

10. Post
    Not our fault you squandered the last 60-odd years eh

Frederick James wrote:
    If someone is suspended, and you know they have a smurf, the smurf should also be suspended (just my view, no hassle if mods don't agree).
    This happens.

11. Post
    Let me be clear: If you don't like the posting and aren't reporting it, it's your fault and you need to reconsider all your life choices.

12. Post
    I suggest you all make me an admin, and forget about the time I took a bunch of the forum with me when I self-immolated.

13. Post
    Edward Diego wrote:
    I suggest you all make me an admin, and forget about the time I took a bunch of the forum with me when I self-immolated.
    You know a spammy, shit posting smurf when you see one?

Prepared to kick him and his annoying avatar into cyber space?

If you do, you've got the right stuff, and get my vote.

14. Post
    Thanks for the custom tag

The difference between me and these other f**ktards, is that I was permabanned in 2007 (or 2008?), and came back in December 2015 - thats enough time to grow up and actually be reformed (unlike cock-swallowers like Tormenta, who rage quit due to the sand in their vaginas in January, and then beg to be allowed to anonymously return in March).

Surely even the dumbest of the dumb can see the difference? No?

15. Post
    As you can see, if I'm gonna be tarred with "The Orphan" brush, I might as well take that persona on again *shrug*.

Edit; just kidding! Nyaaaaaa
    Last edited by Frederick James; 24th June 2019 at 9:32 pm.