1. Post

Best Moving House Deals? (Internet + Power + Mobile etc)

Been with slingshot nearly 3 years.
    Theyve been cheap and good...

Gonna move hopefully in August trying to scope what deals are around. I see Trust power have those sweet appliances (but you gotta pay top dollar for their internet plans...

You seen any sweet deals, GP?

2. Post
    No good looking at deals now really, they change all the time. The deal I am about to switch over to from Slingshot runs out at the end of the month for instance. And yeah stay away from those con job Trustpower "deals".

I'd look when you know for sure you're moving and have to give one months notice to Slingshot (if you choose to leave them) - they have 6 months half-price deals on 12 month contracts through the likes of Broadbandcompare.co.nz

3. Post
    I've found 2degrees good, if you have your mobile on a bill with them you get $10/mth off your bill.

They used to be Snap! before 2 purchased them, so you speak to someone in CH if you have a problem with your internet.

4. Post
    Mithster18 wrote:
    I've found 2degrees good, if you have your mobile on a bill with them you get $10/mth off your bill.

They used to be Snap! before 2 purchased them, so you speak to someone in CH if you have a problem with your internet.
    I believe 2 degrees are offering a $200 off deal if you sign for 12 months.

5. Post
    HELL KNIGHT wrote:
    No good looking at deals now really...
    Mithster18 wrote:
    2degrees ...
    Mattbush wrote:
    What he said! ^^
    Thanks for the tips guys.

Does anyone here know if I pretend to be a new customer to get the discount (just use my wifes maiden name or something) can that get me in trouble? .... more context below:

Update: We have gone unconditional on the new house today! Wahoo.

So I call Slingshot. Currently we pay: 75 for broadband, both do mobile for 15/20 each (with a 10 dollar credit for bundle) so we get a good deal. But I called them to ask about this new customer 300 credit and could they match a customer who has given them 2.5 years of hassle free business. Nope.... lol

2degrees looks like it has good reviews, but their mobile plans start at like 30 or 40? Too much!

Is it just me or does it seem like the companies are colluding especially on the mobile plans? Vodafone and 2Deg are identical in pricing.