Results 26 to 50 of 238

  1. Post
    #26
    I don't get how Hells pizza is still around, their pizza base is terrible and you can pay the same price for a pizza from proper pizzeria.

  2. Post
    #27
    St4lk3r wrote:
    on the other side of the coin this has made me curious to try it and see if its any good, personally ive never understood the point of meat analogues, if youre a vegetarian/vegan cool for you and thats super, but if its what you believe in etc why try and fake that somethings meat, the whole things smacks of intentional deception
    I would think most peoples tastes are due to the flavour profile (I.e fats, sugars, that sort of thing) rather than the composition.
    People eat meat because they like the flavour, if you get the same result from plants who really gives a shit other than the odd neanderthal who needs an animal to die for their food to have value.

    Some people find it hard to move from animal protein because things like bacon taste awesome. If we can grow an equivalent in a better way then winner winner.

  3. Post
    #28
    Dude bacon lmao

  4. Post
    #29
    Dinner sorted.

  5. Post
    #30
    Pretty good tbh

  6. Post
    #31
    where is mine

  7. Post
    #32
    Vulcan wrote:
    I'd like to point out to that f***tard at Hells Pizza that his statement of a very rare allergy is bollocks. There are an estimated 400 million people world wide with the legume allergy. My youngest has a severe reaction (the condition is called G6PD Deficiency).

    Beyond Burgers label their ingredients and make a point of pointing out the legume content and that the burger is not suitable for people with legume allergies. Hells Pizza sure as hell didn't pass this on.

    Those twits will not get my business ever again. That arrogant arsehole was on the radio denying they did anything wrong - no accepting they didn't something incredibly dumb.
    This unforunately. Stupid ****ing move from a company as big as they are.

  8. Post
    #33
    mikedrop69 wrote:
    if you get the same result from plants who really gives a shit other than the odd neanderthal who needs an animal to die for their food to have value.
    Leave him alone! It's really the sapiens you gotta look out for..
    https://www.theguardian.com/science/...diet-and-drugs

  9. Post
    #34
    All over the news. Their marketing team are geniuses.

  10. Post
    #35
    have they only just recently updated the website to say it's beyond meat? Shouldn't people with serious allergies do their due diligence to see what's in the food they are ordering :/ especially when a lot of burger patties are made with filler which may be allergenic

  11. Post
    #36
    ClavulanateV2 wrote:
    have they only just recently updated the website to say it's beyond meat? Shouldn't people with serious allergies do their due diligence to see what's in the food they are ordering :/ especially when a lot of burger patties are made with filler which may be allergenic
    They just updated it now and anecdotally I’ve never seen a burger with filler that could have allergens.

    I mean to a point right? If I’m ordering pizza with meat and shot, I’m generally gonna assume that there is no allergens. Menus these days usually have notes on what contains allergens as well.

    In saying that l, I’m prob a bit careless with it. I spent a month in Indonesia land of peanuts and I get anaphylaxis reactions to peanuts. Managed to survive without issue.

  12. Post
    #37
    I don't have any allergies but my gf is coeliac so I can only go by what she does, if she ever orders something that she hasn't had before she makes sure to ask if there's any possible ingredients/potential for contamination - even if the menu says gluten free

    So personally, if I had a legume allergy and i was calling up to order a new pizza I had never tried before I'd be asking if there was any potential legumes and/or potential for contamination from them in the pizza.... that's even if I thought it was real meat

  13. Post
    #38
    re: the burger with allergens, there's things like egg used as a binder and soy for texturing properties

    https://www.jacionline.org/article/S...96)70146-X/pdf

    table VI lists where you might find soy where you might not expect it

  14. Post
    #39
    you guys think this is similar to that guy selling fake manuka honey?

    havent had hells in a while, im fine with 2 for 3$ oven pizza from pak n save

  15. Post
    #40
    LMAO at the outrage. They did tell people what was in the pizza when asked. People with severe allergies check the ingredients in what they eat, right?

  16. Post
    #41
    Vulcan wrote:
    I'd like to point out to that f***tard at Hells Pizza that his statement of a very rare allergy is bollocks. There are an estimated 400 million people world wide with the legume allergy. My youngest has a severe reaction (the condition is called G6PD Deficiency).

    Beyond Burgers label their ingredients and make a point of pointing out the legume content and that the burger is not suitable for people with legume allergies. Hells Pizza sure as hell didn't pass this on.

    Those twits will not get my business ever again. That arrogant arsehole was on the radio denying they did anything wrong - no accepting they didn't something incredibly dumb.
    Didn't consider this, seems ****en poorly thought out TBH. I would love for their next trick to meat on a vegetarian pizza

  17. Post
    #42
    Indigo1 wrote:
    Didn't consider this, seems ****en poorly thought out TBH. I would love for their next trick to meat on a vegetarian pizza
    what why would you love that? that's completely different

  18. Post
    #43
    Caffeine wrote:
    LMAO at the outrage. They did tell people what was in the pizza when asked. People with severe allergies check the ingredients in what they eat, right?
    Pretty much this. The stuff comments are the worst.

  19. Post
    #44
    Indigo1 wrote:
    Didn't consider this, seems ****en poorly thought out TBH. I would love for their next trick to meat on a vegetarian pizza
    You're as stupid as the people saying that on Stuff if you can't see how it's nothing even close to the same thing.

  20. Post
    #45
    Privoxy wrote:
    Pretty much this. The stuff comments are the worst.
    Yep. I rolled my eyes when I started reading terms like "social engineering" and "agenda". They probably think they'll turn gay by eating a meat substitute.

  21. Post
    #46
    Caffeine wrote:
    Yep. I rolled my eyes when I started reading terms like "social engineering" and "agenda". They probably think they'll turn gay by eating a meat substitute.
    inb4 Vulcan posts his pseudoscience phytoestrogen in soy turning boys into girls nonsense

  22. Post
    #47
    Caffeine wrote:
    LMAO at the outrage. They did tell people what was in the pizza when asked. People with severe allergies check the ingredients in what they eat, right?
    It sounded like here it wasn't even listed as an ingredient here. Plus, you do know allergies have different forms of severity, right? Unless it's life threatening, you're unlikely to go around checking what was initially clearly labelled an ordinary burger patty.

  23. Post
    #48
    mikedrop69 wrote:
    I would think most peoples tastes are due to the flavour profile (I.e fats, sugars, that sort of thing) rather than the composition.
    I eat meat because volume wise I need to eat much less to build or maintain muscle mass.

    **** eating 2kg of chickpeas to get 200g protein (probably an over exaggeration...)

  24. Post
    #49
    ClavulanateV2 wrote:
    re: the burger with allergens, there's things like egg used as a binder and soy for texturing properties

    https://www.jacionline.org/article/S...96)70146-X/pdf

    table VI lists where you might find soy where you might not expect it
    There's a big difference between may contain traces of soy to the whole damn burger patties is peas and beans

  25. Post
    #50
    Vulcan wrote:
    There's a big difference between may contain traces of soy to the whole damn burger patties is peas and beans
    Well the whole damn patties aren't peas and beans, but anyway, an allergen is an allergen so people should do their due diligence when ordering new foods if they have allergies