Page 6 of 10 First ... 3456789 ... Last

1. Post
    Mancubus wrote:
    Is it flask?
    Yup

2. Post
    MPI plans meeting with Hell over 'burger' Pizza.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/113...r-burger-pizza

3. Post
    Good, they should get fined. You can't just lie about your ingredients.

4. Post
    Bobs wrote:
    Good, they should get fined. You can't just lie about your ingredients.
    Did they though.. they didn't say it was meat. Just burger

5. Post
    trust whingemaster-5000 aka Bobs to have a cry about this

6. Post
    ClavulanateV2 wrote:
    You can just underwash the vegetables to get the b12... the same way animals get it.... except most of them are supplemented lol.

Now personally I wouldn't want to do that but you can get everything without meat
    This only works if animals shit in the field or organic fertilizer (shit and death) is added to the field.
    But you may have noticed that our monocrops are lacking in animal and insect.

7. Post
    Imma Kant wrote:
    This only works if animals shit in the field.
    But if haven't noticed, our monocrops are lacking in animal and insect.
    The bacteria which produce B12 are soilborne, has nothing to do with animal shit

not to mention you can get it from fermented foods and seaweed too which last time I checked contain no meat

8. Post
    Do you realize how biologically inactive our soils currently are? We're losing soil rapidly for this reason.

I dont give a shit about seaweed. This was about your soil claim. Your tip was simply advocating increased pesticide exposure.

9. Post
    Imma Kant wrote:
    Do you realize how biologically inactive our soils currently are? We're losing soil rapidly for this reason.

I dont give a shit about seaweed. We were talking about your soil claim.
    Ok for starters I'd love to have a read of anything stating that we don't have archaea and bacteria producing B12 in all of our soils

Secondly the question was "can you live on veges alone without supplements?" not "can you live off veges alone without supplements also factoring in regional soil quality"

but yeah, g1 m8

10. Post
    It's a bit late to be finding that kind of information, or if it even currently exists in the form of comparing pesticide cultivation compared with organic cultivation.

I will say is not wise to justify eating dirty vegetables as a means to acquire a significant amount of b12 in predominantly volcanic or biologically impaired soils.

And jdz, I dont know why your mate wont warn you about delayed onset symptoms for b12 deficiency? Get your bloods done.

Like I said, I wasn't addressing vegan b12. Just your "don't wash" method.

11. Post
    I didn't advocate that method fam

12. Post
    Sorry, you actually didn't and I jumped the gun. B12 deficiency in action

13. Post
    i am probably b13 deficient at this point

14. Post
    jdz wrote:
    Yup
    Lucky bastard.

15. Post
    ClavulanateV2 wrote:
    The bacteria which produce B12 are soilborne, has nothing to do with animal shit

not to mention you can get it from fermented foods and seaweed too which last time I checked contain no meat
    humans have that bacteria that generate b12 but past the point of absorption - B12 is produced below the ileum (where B12 is absorbed), it is not available for absorption. cows, and other ruminants, the bacteria is in their stomachs and produces b12 they can absorb. probably pretty hard to get your b12 from plants and algae.

just get your b12 when fortified in foods or from supplements - just taking the b12 from the bacteria/archaea.

16. Post
    jdz wrote:
    I've been doing it for 6 years, no obvious issues.
    I haven't had blood tests or anything specific like that done though, not for my general health anyway.
    haha no obvious issues.
    Please take a B12 supplement. Some b12 deficient symptoms are apparently irreversible. Soil, unwashed produce, seaweed, untreated water etc has never been shown to be a reliable source. In fact, seaweed b12 analogues can block b12. Vegans that don't have a reliable source of B12 for whatever reason are asking for deep trouble.

I would take a b12 supplement regardless of the foods I ate.
    Last edited by Anroid; 2nd July 2019 at 7:13 pm.

17. Post
    Hell shouldn't have lied about the ingredients for both medical/allergy, and ethical reasons.

18. Post
    Blue Vein CHEESE wrote:
    Hell shouldn't have lied about the ingredients for both medical/allergy, and ethical reasons.
    Not sure 'lie' is the right word.

19. Post
    Privoxy wrote:
    Not sure 'lie' is the right word.
    Is it not lying by omission?

20. Post
    Arkouda wrote:
    Is it not lying by omission?
    No.

21. Post
    Surely anybody with allergy concerns or similar would need to verify what the "burger pattie" contained anyway, even if it were real meat it's not going to just be beef.

22. Post
    Yeah, but if I read the thread correctly and Vulcan's kids actually have a legume allergy, you wouldn't need to inquire about the contents of a meat patty because they rarely contain legumes

have I read the thread correctly

23. Post
    Correct, well 1 of my kids has the allergy. He also has tree nut allergies, so we are somewhat vigilant. My kids occasionally get Hells pizza vouchers from rugby.

Again I think this underscores what you label a burger which is traditionally meat. If it is not meat then they can call it a pattie.

24. Post
    Vulcan wrote:
    Again I think this underscores what you label a burger which is traditionally meat. If it is not meat then they can call it a pattie.
    https://beansupreme.co.nz/products/#burgers
    https://www.fryfamilyfood.com/za/our...vegan-burgers/
    https://www.vegiedelights.co.nz/nz/p...y-bbq-burgers/

All called burgers, though very obvious not meat (that's their target audience) and always, in my experience, stocked separate from meat.

I would say that a patty is what you put into a burger, be it veggie, beef, chicken etc.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patty

25. Post
    Q. How does the butcher introduce his daughter

A. meet Pattie