Page 10 of 10 First ... 78910

1. Post
    w0lfbrains wrote:
    What? I'm a vegetarian and I eat these fake meats a lot. That is a nice low list of ingredients compared to some of the stuff I've eaten
    Sorry. I read some sarcasm in your post where there obviously wasn't any. As you were.

2. Post
    kierbear wrote:
    are there any good vegetarian/vegan cheeses you can recommend?
    Zenzo best vegan cheese. They also make great aioli (though Annabel Langbein has a tasty and fairly easy vegan mayo/aioli recipe - which I haven't got to work 100% of the time).

Angel Food cheeses are ok and what is used by Hell and Dominoes.

Sheese cream cheese is nice (though haven't seen it around lately).

3. Post
    vegan mayo is easy mate, just use chickpea juice, decent oil and a couple tspspspsps of white vinegar

add salt and pepper/herbs/garlic/chili to taste

4. Post
    w0lfbrains wrote:
    chickpea juice
    sorry are you a bit fruity or something?

5. Post
    if you're not super hardcore and don't care about things like xanthan gum then homebrand mayo could be a go? I guess it may depend on the source of the carotene as well (could be gelatine?)

6. Post
    I've no intention of going vegan I'd just like to reduce my dairy intake as much as possible but cheese is so good.

7. Post
    I tried some stuff called miengin a few years back, that was quite nice. Had some other pressed protein stuff from new world too, wasn't bad.

I also recently had some dairy free pizza cheese that was okay, pre-grated, was slightly better than sliced processed cheese) for plain eating though it didn't melt and was thus sub par for pizza. I would buy it again if making pizza for vegans and wouldn't complain about having to use the rest of the packet.

8. Post
    ClavulanateV2 wrote:
    sorry are you a bit fruity or something?
    Would it be a problem if I was?

9. Post
    w0lfbrains wrote:
    Would it be a problem if I was?
    A sexy problem

10. Post
    stop it, I'm at work

11. Post
    Chickpea juice is referring to aquafaba, and it's used as an egg substitute for binding.

12. Post
    w0lfbrains wrote:
    vegan mayo is easy mate, just use chickpea juice, decent oil and a couple tspspspsps of white vinegar

add salt and pepper/herbs/garlic/chili to taste
    I think some djion mustard too

13. Post
    Commerce Commission now investigating.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/far...B6W4Au5bjTidf8