Results 676 to 692 of 692

  1. Post
    I think Reiko is the all round better player. Bridge has just had a standout year is all. Reiko ioane is an excellent defender, Ben Smith has been off form but has been given the go to get back into his rythm and ioane will get there too. Even though he had a lackluster season he was still up in the too of the stats boards.

  2. Post
    Do you think so? Hes a solid hitter, but I find he is out of position alot, or pushes up leaving gaps. When he comes off the wing to tackle, i find its players who would be covered anyway. I honestly think hes abit lazy (off the field) and abit cocky. Alot of his stats (as with any winger) are abit blown up with being the last pair of hands. I think Bridges def deserves the spot over him. However, havent seen him tested in a big game.

  3. Post
    ludez wrote:
    I think Reiko is the all round better player. Bridge has just had a standout year is all. Reiko ioane is an excellent defender, Ben Smith has been off form but has been given the go to get back into his rythm and ioane will get there too. Even though he had a lackluster season he was still up in the too of the stats boards.
    A standout year? Bridge was every bit as good, if not better last season. It's no fluke he's won two super titles already.

    shadowguy wrote:
    It is. Hansen said Rieko would have started over Bridge today if not for his calf strain.
    Maybe he's seen enough to know Bridge is his #1 then. Whatever he does, do not put either Bridge or Ioane on the right wing unless he really has to.

    Ben Smith was better today, playing him back at 15 is no doubt a big reason.

    Equity wrote:
    Do you think so? Hes a solid hitter, but I find he is out of position alot, or pushes up leaving gaps. When he comes off the wing to tackle, i find its players who would be covered anyway. I honestly think hes abit lazy (off the field) and abit cocky. Alot of his stats (as with any winger) are abit blown up with being the last pair of hands. I think Bridges def deserves the spot over him. However, havent seen him tested in a big game.
    This... but Bledisloe 2 wasn't a big game? Super rugby final last 2 seasons aren't big games?

  4. Post
    Who were the standouts in the Baba's game?

  5. Post
    <n> Did he play the full Bledisloe 2? Def agree finals are big games, but would imagine an ABs big game would be something else?

  6. Post
    Equity wrote:
    <n> Did he play the full Bledisloe 2? Def agree finals are big games, but would imagine an ABs big game would be something else?
    Yes, and he was very good in that match.

  7. Post
    ludez wrote:
    I think Reiko is the all round better player.
    Maybe by Auckland rugby standards, but that's not saying much.

  8. Post
    Vulcan wrote:
    Maybe by Auckland rugby standards, but that's not saying much.
    He just needs to get into form, he's a talented and a All Black quality player, he deserves to be in the squad hence why he got chosen. Good thing is he's still young at 22 years of age.

    Whoever don't agree, you know what, like Roy Jones, Jr. says... YA'LL MUST'VE FORGOT!




  9. Post
    <N> wrote:
    Sonny Bill William's? Lol.

    What on earth has Rieko done to get back in favour? Bridge all day for his workrate. Still think Goodhue is our best 13, Crotty and SBW are vying for 12.

    We won't be picking two flashy wings, Reece is the flashy one on the other side now. Ioane is a risk, his handling and workrate just aren't good enough at the moment. Let him go against the minnows.
    Was selecting the 15 Hansen is very likely to pick, not the 15 I'd prefer, we all know he's going start SBW's at 12 unless he misses out through injury.

    Rieko is a class player so should start against the Boks if fit... you keep going on about Bridge having already won a few super rugby titles, a huge factor in that is the Crusaders have the best pack in the comp, so if a player from anywhere in the country signs with the Crusaders they realize it obvoiusly increases their chances of wearing the black jersey.

    Crotty has played at 12 and 13, so he can easily slot in at 13 & his organisation skills & reading of play is clearly better than what Goodhue has to offer.
    Last edited by signman; 8th September 2019 at 4:07 pm.

  10. Post
    iNx wrote:
    He just needs to get into form, he's a talented and a All Black quality player, he deserves to be in the squad hence why he got chosen. Good thing is he's still young at 22 years of age.
    Yeah, class is class that doesn't all of a sudden disappear & he's not helped by having a pretty poor Blues pack in front of him.

  11. Post
    Silly marketing idea to paint the field markings black... was always going to be much harder to see the black lines on the field than the usual white ones.

    When Ben Smith came off & we didn't replace him we could all see it was to give us a harder work out, but we also took the foot off the throat, got the feeling the coaching staff didn't want to completely embarrass Tonga by cracking 100pts.

  12. Post
    ^It was Crotty they didn't replace.

  13. Post
    I think the black lines are awesome, we should do it all the time.

  14. Post
    HELL KNIGHT wrote:
    ^It was Crotty they didn't replace.
    Yeah, you're right mate it was him.

  15. Post
    DOGZILLA wrote:
    I think the black lines are awesome, we should do it all the time.
    Was something different, may have looked a bit awesome, but in the end it's about painting the the lines on a certain coloured background that makes them show out the best & in this case it's white, much easier for supporters to see whether they're at the ground or watching on tv.

  16. Post
    I had zero problems following the game with the black lines.

  17. Post
    Fair enough, comes down to what each person likes.