Results 626 to 650 of 692

  1. Post
    You're a complete tool & that post definitely backed that up.

    Also put your money where your mouth is, I bet you 3 dozen stubbies that the AB's don't have anything up their sleeve that's going to make a big difference at the WC.
    Last edited by signman; 23rd August 2019 at 10:49 am.

  2. Post
    signman wrote:
    You're a complete tool & that post definitely backed that up.

    Also put your money where your mouth is, I bet you 3 dozen stubbies that the AB's don't have anything up their sleeve that's going to make a big difference at the WC.
    As predicted.

    Lol yeah because betting on some subjective shit with a guy who changes his thoughts by the minute and can't keep track of his own thoughts makes complete sense.

    I make plenty of money putting my money where my mouth is on 365 every week and I'll continue to do so. Save your Double Browns, I'll let you hang onto them. I'm sure TAB will have a $10 free promotion for the WC, go get your ticket.

  3. Post
    Hilarious, you've waffled on a fair bit how the ABs will have something up their sleeve come WC time... but when it comes down to it you even lack the courage to have a small bet on it.

  4. Post
    My bets will be in the form of money with a betting agency not some old flog over some beers who can't keep track of his own thoughts.

  5. Post
    Again no surprise as you're full of hot air like most of your rugby comments.

  6. Post
    It's cute how you think you've actually proven something from your desperate clawing though.

    I'll take enough satisfaction from Hansen winning the World Cup AGAIN while you desperately keep trying to discredit him.

    Realistically, you couldn't even see the different approach that we had through this cycle, so how would you see it at the World Cup to then be able to cough up?

    It's a bit pointless betting with somebody so blind they won't actually know what they're seeing.


  7. Post
    I'm a bit gutted they have finally realised how shit Phipps is/was

  8. Post
    They still have AAC though, who is well past his best before.

  9. Post
    Indigo1 wrote:
    I'm a bit gutted they have finally realised how shit Phipps is/was
    Nic White is ****ing better lol

  10. Post
    Indigo1 wrote:
    I'm a bit gutted they have finally realised how shit Phipps is/was
    Same -the game last weekend made me realise it was more fun when the Aussies had a human white flag to sub on...

  11. Post
    Injuries aside Laumape is looking the most likely cut from the RWC squad.

    I'm sure that will please signman who has been constantly criticising his one dimensional play...

  12. Post
    They were always going to drop Laumape so clearly the only way he's going make the squad is if one of the other midfielders miss out through injury.

  13. Post
    Crotty will get a concussion on being named *shrug*

  14. Post
    DOGZILLA wrote:
    It's cute how you think you've actually proven something from your desperate clawing though.

    I'll take enough satisfaction from Hansen winning the World Cup AGAIN while you desperately keep trying to discredit him.

    Realistically, you couldn't even see the different approach that we had through this cycle, so how would you see it at the World Cup to then be able to cough up?

    It's a bit pointless betting with somebody so blind they won't actually know what they're seeing.
    hahaha, you're the one that's desperate mate, you completely backed down from what you were saying.

    For the 100th time I'm not trying to discredit Hansen, just disagreed with some of the things he's done, when the ABs start the WC I'm supporting them 100%

    Through Hansen's reign there hasn't been a lot of change in terms of how we play the game, it's more about having to adapt to laws changes at the breakdowns & scrums etc which happen far too often, the laws tend to change every bloody year.

  15. Post
    Apparently they going to change the name of Westpac Stadium to Sky Stadium.

  16. Post
    signman wrote:
    hahaha, you're the one that's desperate mate, you completely backed down from what you were saying.

    For the 100th time I'm not trying to discredit Hansen, just disagreed with some of the things he's done, when the ABs start the WC I'm supporting them 100%

    Through Hansen's reign there hasn't been a lot of change in terms of how we play the game, it's more about having to adapt to laws changes at the breakdowns & scrums etc which happen far too often, the laws tend to change every bloody year.
    I'm not backing down on what I'm saying at all. I'm just not going to take a subjective bet with some clown who can't keep his thoughts straight because I'm not stupid.

    You piss and moan about Hansen like he bullied you at school, everyone knows this except you.

    There pretty clearly was changes to how we play. Most people could see it. You couldn't because you're blind. Hence why this bet would be stupid because you can't even appreciate the changes when they happen.

  17. Post
    DOGZILLA wrote:
    I'm not backing down on what I'm saying at all. I'm just not going to take a subjective bet with some clown who can't keep his thoughts straight because I'm not stupid.

    You piss and moan about Hansen like he bullied you at school, everyone knows this except you.

    There pretty clearly was changes to how we play. Most people could see it. You couldn't because you're blind. Hence why this bet would be stupid because you can't even appreciate the changes when they happen.
    Of course you backed down & if anyone changes like the wind it's you.

    No one is perfect 100% of the time, yet can't remember you disagreeing with anything Hansen has done ?

    Ok, what are these big changes we've made in how we play ? it's much more to do with adjusting to the way we play when new rule changes come in.

  18. Post
    I'm entirely consistent with everything I say though lol. You contradict yourself constantly. You can say you don't but I've pointed it out several times now, then you moan like a little girl about your words being twisted lol.

    Nobody is saying he's perfect. You bitch about him constantly and scramble for anything to try to discredit him. Look at this last ****ing weird crap you've come up with about the playing careers of his staff lol.

    We've already been over this, you couldn't figure it out watching you couldn't figure it out the first five times these things are explained to you, we can't just keep trying to explain things to you that you're incapable of seeing or understanding over and over and over again. Eventually we need to reach the point that you're just too thick to understand some of these things. That's the point we have reached now. You're simply incapable of seeing these things or giving credit for them. That's your limitation, the rest of us can't just operate in this dumbed down world to accommodate you sorry. We won't remain in the 60s for you. Things change, things evolve, we can't stay in the good old days where maybe you grasped what you were watching. The world is leaving you behind, just like will happen to the rest of us as we get old and we can no longer comprehend what we see.

    You have very little idea about Rugby beyond this baseline type stuff that you learn before high school. You don't know this because you've never played so you think that's the extent of the sport. World class coaches and players do and say things and you dismiss it. You literally think, and have said, that you think you comprehend the game on the same level as those people. You don't. You don't know **** all. But you think you do, and that only makes it worse because you won't learn.

  19. Post
    Hilarious, If I said the grass was green you'd say it was red just to disagree.

    Again you waffled on, you still couldn't tell me these so called big improvements in our game this coaching staff have made ?

    Here's a question for you, in the modern area what player would you say has had the best rugby brain & why ?

  20. Post
    That would be you, hence why you end up contradicting yourself constantly because you're so determined to disagree with people that you'll contradict yourself just to do it lol. Again, I've pointed out numerous examples of times you have done this. Please show me any example of me being inconsistent in my thoughts. I'm not senile sorry.

    We've already been over them before. And multiple other people also pointed out the way our game changed specifically after the last World Cup. You didn't want to accept it. Again, we can't just keep telling you the same thing over and over hoping you'll finally understand. Eventually we need to accept you can't figure it out and leave you behind.

    But there's only one gameplan in Rugby that works, nothing else works, so how can we judge the intelligence of players who are just following one, simple as you declare, gameplan. Everyone is doing the same thing right? It's just about who is executing it better and faster.

    To give you a real answer, I don't think we have anywhere near enough insight externally to truly know who has the best Rugby brain among players. Talking to players I know who play professionally or have played professionally they think the game at a level far beyond what the rest of us do. Without being able to actually talk to players, it's impossible to adequately answer this. We'd just be speculating on what we see on screen and interview snippets and that really isn't enough to adequately answer your question. We can talk about players who play an intelligent looking game and make good decisions, someone like Conrad Smith immediately springs to mind, but we don't see enough to really answer. Especially when it comes to forward play, it's hard to see on TV the intricacies of forward play and the thought processes behind it. I'm sure you have your undeniable example of who is obviously smartest based on watching them on TV a bunch of times and thinking that's enough insight to decide who is smartest. Of course, as above, we can look at guys and get a reasonable indication as to who are smart players, but determining the smartest with the information we have available is pointless. Smith, Mils, Giteau, Matfield, Gregan, Mortlock, Larkham, Richie, George Smith, there's plenty of guys in that boat. Further to that, some of the best Rugby brains aren't the best Rugby players if they can't pair it up with talent and physical attributes, hence they end up coaching.

    Realistically, you're the person who said he thinks the game on the same level as Hansen
    Yes, you literally said that. So how do we judge a players intelligence when we have this old flog who thinks he is as smart as the worlds best coach lol.

  21. Post
    It's unbelievable how thick you are on rugby... & from watching the game over the years you can't really come up with a player & give good reasons why you think they might be the best rugby brain you've seen, yeah Conrad Smith was a smart player, but at least give reasons why otherwise it's pointless.

    For me the the best rugby brain I've seen is Richie McCaw, he was the first player to splay his legs wide standing over the top of a player at the breakdown so it made it very very difficult to knock him over now all the players do it, all good 7's try to get away with infringing at the breakdown but he was much smarter than the rest because as soon as he got a warning or two from the ref he's stop doing it for a while, then come back & start pushing the laws again & just keep repeating that procedure, whereas others continually infringe so they got penalized more than him, every time there was a rule change at the breakdown he tended to think his way around it.

  22. Post
    No because I'm smart enough to acknowledge that I'm not in a position to decide who the smartest Rugby brain is lol.

    Richie was a master of knowing that the rule book in Rugby doesn't actually mean all that much. It's what the ref calls that matters. If the ref doesn't call something a penalty, or if a ref doesn't see something, then it isn't a penalty regardless of what the rules say, and that can change week to week or even within a game. He was hardly the first great flanker, but he understood this aspect better than most it appeared, or at least could act on it.

    Smiths decision making at his position was second to none. His ability to read attacks and read players made him the defensive rock that he was. He always made the right pass. Matfield had an uncanny ability to read opposition line outs. Gregan was the master of communicating with refs and knowing the rules like the back of his hand. Larkham was amazing at identifying the weak spots in defenses and orchestrating getting those outside him, or often himself, through gaps based on how he was running the attack. There's a long list of players who displayed intelligence in different roles on the field. These one off examples don't tell us who the best rugby brain is. Again often the best rugby brains aren't the best rugby players, so we aren't even seeing them.

    Tactics at the breakdown aren't enough to determine who the smartest Rugby brain is. You'd need to actually talk to the players and listen to how they think about and analyse the game to truly start to be in a position to be able to answer that question. I've talked to people who even at Mitre 10 level break down how they read and react to different things that happen on the field in much greater detail than the average fan does. You're talking checkers while they're talking chess. I don't think the game to that extent, I'm just not foolish enough to think I'm on that level unlike yourself who thinks he knows everything because herp derp Richie was amazing at the breakdown like the whole world already knows. Richie isn't the only one who did that stuff, he was just the best at it. Even if you watch stuff like 1014 they break things down far deeper. It would be even more difficult to do this when you haven't even played so making decisions while playing even at youth level is unknown to you.
    Last edited by DOGZILLA; 25th August 2019 at 1:11 pm.

  23. Post
    jords wrote:
    Anyone apprehensive about Spark Sport?
    Yep. Well, actually no. I'm expecting it to be a bit of disaster, so not really apprehensive.

    It's possible a few "lucky" ones might have a more pleasant experience.

  24. Post
    DOGZILLA wrote:
    No because I'm smart enough to acknowledge that I'm not in a position to decide who the smartest Rugby brain is lol.

    Richie was a master of knowing that the rule book in Rugby doesn't actually mean all that much. It's what the ref calls that matters. If the ref doesn't call something a penalty, or if a ref doesn't see something, then it isn't a penalty regardless of what the rules say, and that can change week to week or even within a game. He was hardly the first great flanker, but he understood this aspect better than most it appeared, or at least could act on it.

    Smiths decision making at his position was second to none. His ability to read attacks and read players made him the defensive rock that he was. He always made the right pass. Matfield had an uncanny ability to read opposition line outs. Gregan was the master of communicating with refs and knowing the rules like the back of his hand. Larkham was amazing at identifying the weak spots in defenses and orchestrating getting those outside him, or often himself, through gaps based on how he was running the attack. There's a long list of players who displayed intelligence in different roles on the field. These one off examples don't tell us who the best rugby brain is. Again often the best rugby brains aren't the best rugby players, so we aren't even seeing them.

    Tactics at the breakdown aren't enough to determine who the smartest Rugby brain is. You'd need to actually talk to the players and listen to how they think about and analyse the game to truly start to be in a position to be able to answer that question. I've talked to people who even at Mitre 10 level break down how they read and react to different things that happen on the field in much greater detail than the average fan does. You're talking checkers while they're talking chess. I don't think the game to that extent, I'm just not foolish enough to think I'm on that level unlike yourself who thinks he knows everything because herp derp Richie was amazing at the breakdown like the whole world already knows. Richie isn't the only one who did that stuff, he was just the best at it. Even if you watch stuff like 1014 they break things down far deeper. It would be even more difficult to do this when you haven't even played so making decisions while playing even at youth level is unknown to you.
    This is a sports forum & that's about giving your opinion, of course everyone is going to have a different opinion who had the best rugby brain, because the breakdown area is such a crucial part of the game went for McCaw as he was so good at adapting to the new laws & the laws change a lot in the breakdown area.

    Smith was a very smart player, as a centre he could read play brilliantly, also a lot of the time he'd read situations where he'd be able to pounce on loose ball to give us back possession.

    For me you rate a player by watching how good their skill sets are in their position, reading of play & one of the most important to see how well they can handle pressure in game situations, especially against the top teams, if they don't have that mental toughness they're not really going to make it at international level.

    Use to switch from playing soccer/football & rugby & vice versa, played under 21's for the Wgtn rugby rep team at 1st-five so enough of this nonsense that I haven't played the game.