Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. Post

finally racing wheel

Ordered me a sweet logitech g920 racing wheel / pedal / shifter for PC. I have wanted one since I was little and there were no grown ups around to stop me.

Games I've picked out for it so far are below, any other good recommendations? Which one should be the first for maximum wow factor?
    • Grid 2 / autosport
    • Assetto Corsa Ultimate Edition
    • Need for speed whatever I forget which one
    • Project CARS 2
    • MudRunner - American Wilds Edition
    • The Crew 2

Bonus level
    I also have a Vive. I'm thinking combining both of these could be pretty sweet, are there any good VR titles that would work with the g920?

edit:
    Hey does anyone want a mint condition second hand racing wheel? its excellent.
    shifter already sold, so wheel and pedals only
    https://www.gpforums.co.nz/threads/5...eel-and-pedals
    Last edited by What.; 5th July 2019 at 11:56 pm.

2. Post
    Dirt rally, Forza horizon 3/4, Forza 7. Iracing
    The cre and need for speed are terrible with wheels iirc

3. Post
    Racing games would be the only reason why I'd get VR.

The last one I really enjoyed was Dirt Rally.

4. Post
    Dirt Rally is awesome with a wheel, so +1 to that.

But even the old arcade style of racing games can be awesome fun with a wheel. Recently I was playing classics like Need for Speed 2 & 3 and even the MSDOS game Screamer 2, and they're heaps of fun if you can be bothered going through the hassle of getting them working.

5. Post
    Cant go wrong with Assetto Corsa has a boat load of car and track mods.

Wreckfest had good wheel support last time I tried but that was a long time ago, also EU/US Truck Sim for that chill sim driving.

6. Post
    Dirt Rally, Assetto Corsa and iRacing.

iRacing does have a fairly steep learning curve, but be patient and you'll be out of rookies, you get a decent amount of content with the base subscription but the most popular series' is the Skip Barber (Kinda formula ford) and NASCAR Trucks. iRacing is crazy addictive. You can usually find a cheap code for 3 months.

7. Post
    Assetto Corsa was my favourite with a wheel. Great variation, mods and best driving feel. Project Cars never felt nearly as good.

F1 2019
    Dirt Rally/Dirt Rally 2.0
    Assetto Corsa Competizione - though it's limited to only GT3 so I'd go for AC first.

8. Post
    If you want a true experience i would go VR with i racing .
    But thatís hard game to get in and need a lot of practice. But if you have always wanted to race and you want to take things serious there are some serious league races you can join here and you can have some serious fun.

Rush in botany Auckland have several racing simulators to check out.

Otherwise if itís just about the fun , above mentioned options are great.

I have the Logitech g27 and my brother bought fanatecs wheel with the oculus as swears by it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Post

10. Post
    You gave up after one day... Need some VR to go with it!

11. Post
    Those serious racing games were terrible - no sense of speed at all, just super shitty "Realistic" handling

I mean I kinda get it, and sim racing as a whole is cool world unto itself I just cant enjoy it

12. Post
    Assetto Corsa with custom content in VR is where it is at. You can stick a bunch of training aids on so you don't have to deal the full simulation straight off the bat by the way.

13. Post
    Probably best not to jump straight into the realistic sims, and instead go midway with something like Project Cars. More fun and more forgiving.

I used to be a professional racer back in the day and iRacing was my jam as itís by far the most accurate, scary accurate at times. But for a quick hope on and mess around Project Cars would be better suited.

14. Post
    What. wrote:

15. Post
    What game did you play? I suggest Dirt rally or project cars to start with

16. Post
    Giving up after one day lol wow, AC kicked my ass for a few days while I retrained myself to drive to the game. PCARS 2 is fun but physics are a bit ****y, oversteer in that game is a bit of a bitch, way harder than real life.

Sim gaming is hardly that bad, I have to ask if OP was playing on a TV? I did notice input lag ****ed me up on the TV, but playing on a monitor at a higher refresh rate actually made a difference in car control with AC.

17. Post
    Probably my fault for faulty expectations, but every game I tried just felt really slow (even though the numbers were high) causing me to massively overshoot everything and be unable to steer - and the 'correct' speed just felt like snail pace, defeating the purpose of a racing sim (imo)

I tried (and thankfully was able to get refunded on steam) all the games in my OP as well as Dirt Rally. I mean I hated the driving feel so much I didnt even bother setting up VR, and that was one of the main reasons I decided to buy the wheel in the first place.

I'm now paul walkering it up with NFS undercover with a controller, now thats a racing game right there

But the wheel is amazing, really, someone just buy it please

18. Post
    You really should have given VR a go, it makes a huge difference. I don't even bother playing these games without it (and I have a big 4k monitor and can run the games on Ultra), but once you feel that immersion of sitting in the actual car, looking at a screen is a bit meh - also easier to drive in VR and the sense of speed is much greater.

19. Post
    Has anyone tried rush in botany ?
    Seems really well equipped and pretty fun. But $$$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Post
    HELL KNIGHT wrote:
    You really should have given VR a go, it makes a huge difference. I don't even bother playing these games without it (and I have a big 4k monitor and can run the games on Ultra), but once you feel that immersion of sitting in the actual car, looking at a screen is a bit meh - also easier to drive in VR and the sense of speed is much greater.
    I think other games like burnout and NFS increase the excitement in the flashy lights and effects, rather than the driving itself.

21. Post
    Yeah, those arcade games are a completely different kettle of fish and are couch fodder with a controller.
    Last edited by HELL KNIGHT; 11th July 2019 at 11:44 am. Reason: typo

22. Post
    HELL KNIGHT wrote:
    Yeah, those arcade games are a completely different kettle of fish and are couch folder with a controller.
    As much as I enjoy blasting up and down Mt Akina in Assetto Corsa with the wheel, I have to admit most of the time I just chill on the couch with the PS3 controller and Gran Turismo 6.

I get to buy all the shitboxes I ever wanted and modify them, physics are enjoyable enough that I can get into it. Its good to have a balance.

23. Post
    Yeah, nothing wrong with that - you have the best of both worlds.

24. Post
    Maybe give something like Euro Truck Simulator a try instead?

25. Post
    brand wrote:
    Maybe give something like Euro Truck Simulator a try instead?
    He likes fast games, I suggest Rocket League.