Page 3 of 3 First 123

1. Post
    Yes, you definitely need a wheel

2. Post
    What. wrote:
    Hey does anyone want a mint condition second hand racing wheel? its excellent.
    This made me laugh so hard

3. Post
    jdz wrote:
    I've decided I need a wheel, I'm thinking a G29 off trademe will do for now.
    Formula 1 has been quite interesting to watch and I played Formula 1 2015 with my keyboard and enjoyed it thoroughly. Even managed to do a whole F1 event with proper race, practice and qualifying time restraints.
    I got a G27 from Facebook for $150, very happy with it.

4. Post
    amekassa30 wrote:
    Racing games would be the only reason why I'd get VR.
    And a good enough reason it is! I am also playing virtual golf at the moment on The Golf Club VR, and it is super realistic (my faults are present in the game, my distances etc are all accurate for my game.)

I also use Google Earth VR, which is fantastic fun.

5. Post
    I'm thinking about selling my sim gear - T300rs, T3PA PRO pedals and Th8A. Obutto Ozone with Samsung 40inch LED.

If anyone's keen pm me a price. In Wellington too

6. Post
    BURN_BABY wrote:
    Do you have a PS3/X360 lying around? Daytona USA is a blast (especially now that you don't have to go to the arcade and put up with munted wheels :P), there's also Initial D : Extreme stage on the PS3 which is also good fun.

There's also arcade emulators on PC like MAME, Teknoparrot and demul for just about every arcade racing game there is.
    I know they are far from a racing sim, but has anyone tried the newer Initial D's with Teknoparrot?
    Looked like a bit of faffing around to get it working, wondered if it was worth or not. Used to smash Initial D in the Lower Hutt Time Out.

7. Post
    dude2099 wrote:
    I know they are far from a racing sim, but has anyone tried the newer Initial D's with Teknoparrot?
    Looked like a bit of faffing around to get it working, wondered if it was worth or not. Used to smash Initial D in the Lower Hutt Time Out.
    Nope, but I want this

8. Post
    dude2099 wrote:
    Haven't tried with Teknoparrot but I have gotten the older initial D versions to work on DEmul. Was a bit of faffing about, but worth it IMO seeing as the PS3 version (version 4 I think?) feels too slidey compared to the other versions.