Results 676 to 700 of 764

  1. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Same I think NZ have been mentally scarred one too many times by the Aussies
    True, but they also have some issues of their own. India's batting was almost identical to Aussie's against us, Carey did the Jadeja... but we batted horribly. Our bowling and fielding through the tournament has been awesome.

  2. Post
    Fielding was top tier, just one dropped catch which was a difficult one no matter what the commentator said

  3. Post
    im always glad that of the 3 major aspects (bowling, batting, fielding) we are always A+++ at fielding usually

  4. Post
    Rekal wrote:
    Fielding was top tier, just one dropped catch which was a difficult one no matter what the commentator said
    I said after our innings we had to take every single chance and get some luck, that Neesham catch and Gup run out are just remarkable. Neesh's drop didn't cost too many thankfully.

    Luck looked like it had run out when Jadeja got those back-to-back breaks just short of Taylor and Henry.

  5. Post
    <N> wrote:
    True, but they also have some issues of their own. India's batting was almost identical to Aussie's against us, Carey did the Jadeja... but we batted horribly. Our bowling and fielding through the tournament has been awesome.
    Yeah good point England's batting order is really solid

  6. Post
    <N> wrote:
    We've beaten them two out of the last three including the warmup, we absolutely blitzed their top order in both wins bowling first. I don't think that is going to work for us on Tuesday unless India make a lot of mistakes.

    I don't expect there to be much swing for Boult this time like those wins. If it's a used wicket then our only hope is to bat first and put up a decent total and hope the pressure (and aging pitch) gets to them. As they showed against Afghanistan, if you get their top order early you can restrict them. As good as Dhoni is, he's not gonna come out and Carey us.

    It's going to be just as much about them having a bad day as us having a good one.
    Wasn't too far off the money on page one, I do feel like batting first is the go... even a mediocre score can be defended. Even when we had them 4 or 5 down I knew Jadeja is the kind of guy who comes out and just plays his natural game in any situation, he's scary in that mood.

    Chaos called it WAY too early, was never that confident.

  7. Post
    <N> wrote:
    Wasn't too far off the money on page one, I do feel like batting first is the go... even a mediocre score can be defended. Even when we had them 4 or 5 down I knew Jadeja is the kind of guy who comes out and just plays his natural game in any situation, he's scary in that mood.

    Chaos called it WAY too early, was never that confident.
    Of course I wasn't I'll own up to that and to be fair 80% would probably agree

  8. Post
    Still buzzing from Guppy’s run out. Game of inches.

  9. Post
    On a side note is Kane gonna get tonked for that over rate BS, I'm sure the BCCI would love that

  10. Post
    Chaosfollowsme wrote:
    On a side note is Kane gonna get tonked for that over rate BS, I'm sure the BCCI would love that
    No way he misses a final from a semi-final. NZC are push overs - but there's limits. Srsly.

  11. Post
    You'd think so huh but ya never know especially with the salt being sprinkled round now

  12. Post
    Still buzzing. Don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight after that

  13. Post
    Wow!

    Dat run out! What a moment.

  14. Post
    Wow. I gave us no chance. Well done Black Caps.

  15. Post
    https://thespinoff.co.nz/partner/cri...at-we-deserve/

    Good read^

    I'm in England, fair to say I did little to no work today.

    Hoping to get extremely lucky and find a returned finals resale ticket from an Indian fan 🤞

    Will be cheering on England tomorrow.

  16. Post
    MXRecord wrote:
    Wow. I gave us no chance. Well done Black Caps.
    Do you ever give us a chance, father?




    Gup's moment was definitely the Elliot moment of the semi, so good. Smithy is just the best at calling these moments, Ganguly is a fkn bore.

    https://youtu.be/HNXhdo5j914?t=317

  17. Post
    Did not expect the result, i sat down and was like woah 3 for 5 and like we really have a good chance now. Well done to the BCs for an incredible result. Now we can only we the poms will knock out the cheats .

  18. Post
    too many comments to make. I fell asleep after twenty overs last night and got up early to watch the recording. I was a mixture of standing up and sitting down depending on how tense it was at the time. I would be slutted if I were Paddles and Sky had've cut out with 5 overs to go. That's a serious issue that shouldn't be happening. Did you try to switch to Sky Go when the box failed?

    As much as BMac was a genius captain - this was Kane's finest hour.
    Magnificent bowling changes
    Magnificent field placements. Every time a miscued skier went up there was someone there to catch it. Also we had an extra man in the circle to Santner to stop people from bumping him down to long off to get off strike. That was a big part of his economy rate.

    And how big is it that Neesham has emerged as an option at the death. He seems to bowl better with his slower balls in the last ten overs than when he bowls seam up in his first spell.

    Our bowlers were simply better.

    Indigo vindicated by his sticking to supporting the NZ team while others were saying we were batting too slow. That was a hard hard pitch. I don't think Par was as high as people said. I am going to go and say Par on that was 210 to maybe 220 tops. Our 238 was above par.

    Finally the ground fielding down the stretch was HUUGE

    Taylor sprawling to his right to save a boundary off Dhoni at backward point
    Santner diving on the boundary to cut a 4 down to 2
    And finally the coup de grace - with Guptills run out only looking at one stump. He practices that you can bet.

    Feel for Jadega, I was always worried about him in the line up. He is a better batsman than Pant/Karthik/Pandya - they had a stacked batting line u.

    They screwed up by picking Kumar ahead of Sami though. If we had lost another wicket in the first ten we would have lost.

    There is no structure to this post but will finish with two points:
    Latham's keeping was immense - and that is reason enough to play him
    Henry Nicholl's inning was critical and had we played Munro we would have lost most likely.

    Stead's selections have come good.

  19. Post
    ;11315215 wrote:
    Do you ever give us a chance
    Nope.

  20. Post
    Not feeling well for Monday....MDO? *think*

  21. Post
    Are we the cricket version of the French rugby team at world cups?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  22. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    No issues with my free live stream lol.

    Holy shit who would've dreamed of this result yesterday
    I had a dream, I think I posted a few pages back, that we'd have India 22/5, we had them 24/4 so I was close lol

  23. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    I had a dream, I think I posted a few pages back, that we'd have India 22/5, we had them 24/4 so I was close lol
    haha

    yes but you dreamed we would lose from that strong position i think?

  24. Post
    wrighty wrote:
    too many comments to make. I fell asleep after twenty overs last night and got up early to watch the recording. I was a mixture of standing up and sitting down depending on how tense it was at the time. I would be slutted if I were Paddles and Sky had've cut out with 5 overs to go. That's a serious issue that shouldn't be happening. Did you try to switch to Sky Go when the box failed?

    As much as BMac was a genius captain - this was Kane's finest hour.
    Magnificent bowling changes
    Magnificent field placements. Every time a miscued skier went up there was someone there to catch it. Also we had an extra man in the circle to Santner to stop people from bumping him down to long off to get off strike. That was a big part of his economy rate.

    And how big is it that Neesham has emerged as an option at the death. He seems to bowl better with his slower balls in the last ten overs than when he bowls seam up in his first spell.

    Our bowlers were simply better.

    Indigo vindicated by his sticking to supporting the NZ team while others were saying we were batting too slow. That was a hard hard pitch. I don't think Par was as high as people said. I am going to go and say Par on that was 210 to maybe 220 tops. Our 238 was above par.

    Finally the ground fielding down the stretch was HUUGE

    Taylor sprawling to his right to save a boundary off Dhoni at backward point
    Santner diving on the boundary to cut a 4 down to 2
    And finally the coup de grace - with Guptills run out only looking at one stump. He practices that you can bet.

    Feel for Jadega, I was always worried about him in the line up. He is a better batsman than Pant/Karthik/Pandya - they had a stacked batting line u.

    They screwed up by picking Kumar ahead of Sami though. If we had lost another wicket in the first ten we would have lost.

    There is no structure to this post but will finish with two points:
    Latham's keeping was immense - and that is reason enough to play him
    Henry Nicholl's inning was critical and had we played Munro we would have lost most likely.

    Stead's selections have come good.
    Thanks mate - I believe Southee was on the field for Nicholls (tight hammy)....hope he is fit for the final!

  25. Post
    Indigo1 wrote:
    Thanks mate - I believe Southee was on the field for Nicholls (tight hammy)....hope he is fit for the final!
    Yes. Ice bath I hope will fix it. Only saw Southee towards the end though? Or was he there the whole time?
    I saw Tim save a boundary.