Page 1 of 5 1234 ... Last

1. Post

Semi Final Number 2 Discussion

July 11 9:30 PM Australia vs England Edgbaston, Birmingham Semi-finals

Reserve Day July 12

Discuss...

2. Post
    Will be backing England here, go home Aussie.

3. Post
    Just grateful I get to watch a good match, knowing we are in the final and with no emotional attachment, can also go to bed at a reasonable time tonight.

4. Post
    As last night showed, once again runs on the board mean more than anything else. Desperately hope we win the toss and bat first tonight. Don't see any way we chase down a total against Starc and co in a game of this magnitude.

5. Post
    I think both these teams are a tier up from India and this will be a high high quality game the likes of which we mortals havn't seen before.

Buckle up to watch this. High Octane bowlers. Cavalier batsman. Two sides stacked from 1 to 11.

Impossible to predict who will win. If forced would predict England with Roy back.

6. Post
    Would rather play England in the final tbh, bad memories of Aus!

7. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    I think Australias bowling will be tighter while we will actually be able to get runs against england

8. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    I feel like we are more likely to roll Eng and they are likely to choke at home in the final (if they don't tonight)

9. Post
    Indigo1 wrote:
    I feel like we are more likely to roll Eng and they are likely to choke at home in the final (if they don't tonight)
    Agreed Australia bat fricking deep.

For us to beat Australia we would need to fleming them ie have a master strategy for each batsman, and even then we would find it hard to chase anything over 150.

10. Post
    Bricking it now. First time I've seen us in the semi final (too young in 1992).

11. Post
    Handscomb over Smarsh - big call Straya. Engliand will like this...

But Handscomb could be the hero....

12. Post
    Please be out! Sounded like some bat though.

13. Post
    Yes! Dream start. Review gone too.

14. Post
    That is a horrific review.

15. Post
    Yes

16. Post
    Yeeeeeeaaaah! And take the sandpaper with you

17. Post
    Australia sucking the kangaroo here. Shoulda tied it down first.

18. Post
    Pls lose aussie as we know you will not be gracious in your victory

19. Post
    Paddles wrote:
    Handscomb over Smarsh - big call Straya. Engliand will like this...

But Handscomb could be the hero....
    Marsh is injured...think it was an arm, hand or shoulder injury. Handsome called in from the a team on tour over there

20. Post
    If this is the level of bowling we are gonna see this game then perhaps going at 3s/4s ain't so bad afterall in the final as long as we can back ourselves to get 250

21. Post
    Chaosfollowsme wrote:
    If this is the level of bowling we are gonna see this game then perhaps going at 3s/4s ain't so bad afterall in the final as long as we can back ourselves to get 250
    We're not ready for Archer. We have to attack Woakes. We won't have a choice if we want 250 vs England...

Even the Australians arent ready for Archer... he's too straight and slippery right now...

I've said it for over 2 years - this kid is a helluva bowler... so simple, so basic, so consistent....

He's not even physically impressive - he's technically near perfect...

22. Post
    Enjoying this. Lets go England

23. Post
    Oh wow Indian collapse.

24. Post
    lol

25. Post
    Eng - NZ final - so close now - and that's justice for England stealing our game plan and making it better when we had to go backwards and think of a new way to play...