1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    Wait, no docking or playing it on a TV OR detachable Joycons?! What a waste of time and money.

3. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    Wait, no docking or playing it on a TV OR detachable Joycons?! What a waste of time and money.
    This is meant to replace the 3DS/2DS family of handhelds. So not a waste of money - it's purely meant as a handheld with greater battery life and better portability.

4. Post
    don't really care for the sticks being in different places but it looks like a step of from the woeful controls of the original switch.

interested... but what % of games use motion controls in a significant way? do any of the "killer apps" require motion controls?

5. Post
    Rii wrote:
    This is meant to replace the 3DS/2DS family of handhelds. So not a waste of money - it's purely meant as a handheld with greater battery life and better portability.
    This. It's a more budget friendly option for casuals and children.

6. Post
    JRS wrote:
    don't really care for the sticks being in different places but it looks like a step of from the woeful controls of the original switch.

interested... but what % of games use motion controls in a significant way? do any of the "killer apps" require motion controls?
    motion controls are pretty good in Splatoon and BotW.

7. Post
    A near $400 handheld just doesn't make sense. And the fact it's still called switch is a head scratcher. The whole point of a switch is to you know be able to switch.....

Cool in theory but terrible in price.

8. Post
    Kog wrote:
    motion controls are pretty good in Splatoon and BotW.
    That ball rolling puzzle in Bored of the Wild can kiss my ass.
    ludez wrote:
    And the fact it's still called switch is a head scratcher. The whole point of a switch is to you know be able to switch.....
    https://www.gpforums.co.nz/threads/5...3#post11315713

9. Post
    They had to keep the name otherwise casuals will think itís a different machine with different games

Never forget that Nintendoís customer base is mostly extremely casual gamers who need more spoon feeding

10. Post
    I'll keep waiting for that pro/updated base model I guess...

11. Post
    It's kinda strange that this model won't be allowed to dock. Then again Nintendo's a weird company.

12. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    They had to keep the name otherwise casuals will think itís a different machine with different games

Never forget that Nintendoís customer base is mostly extremely casual gamers who need more spoon feeding
    Nintendo seems to think that their customer base are the types of people that go to a skatepark and pull out a video game :|

13. Post
    thrasher88 wrote:
    Nintendo seems to think that their customer base are the types of people that go to a skatepark and pull out a video game :|
    Thats what every company likes to pretend their users are like when they're presenting that shit. In their defence while it would be more accurate if it showed a bunch of shut-ins playing anime boob games and complaining about their products on an Internet forum... that would look a bit strange!

Switch is my main use thing for videogames these days but I have zero use for a Lite, my most liked feature is docking to a TV so clearly its not a product aimed at me - which is fine.

Only a little bit cheaper and missing heaps of things... no thanks, I'm sure it'll sell like crazy though.

14. Post
    If it had an hdmi port I might of been pretty keen. I'll wait for the next Switch version.