1. Post
    wrighty wrote:
    Is everyone familiar with the story of sour grapes?
    I am having sour grapes syndrome towards the cricket world cup. As time passes my emotions are diminishing the worth of the cup. I hope they win it in India, but if 2023 was tomorrow I would only follow the tournament like a normal fan rather than as a super fan.

Have cancelled my plan to go Melbourne for boxing day, not feeling it anymore.
    It's not tomorrow, that's the point. You won't feel the same in four years. A world cup is exhausting enough to follow as a fan, think about the players. No one is thinking about playing another WC right now. I wouldn't be amped if another WC was starting tomorrow either.

You got over 2015 enough to care about this tournament.

Maybe it's easier just to be South Africa and constantly fail? We perform a hell of a lot better than expected, and you're not feeling it. There is no time to dwell these days.

2. Post
    <N> wrote:
    It's not tomorrow, that's the point. You won't feel the same in four years. A world cup is exhausting enough to follow as a fan, think about the players. No one is thinking about playing another WC right now. I wouldn't be amped if another WC was starting tomorrow either.

You got over 2015 enough to care about this tournament.

Maybe it's easier just to be South Africa and constantly fail? We perform a hell of a lot better than expected, and you're not feeling it. There is no time to dwell these days.
    Thanks for the pep talk N - appreciate it. Parents taught me a friend in need is a friend indeed, Cheers.

3. Post
    I think over time this will get worse lol, us winning the CWC is not something I ever thought would happen, may be an extremely long time before we ever get a chance again.

4. Post
    koldz wrote:
    I think over time this will get worse lol, us winning the CWC is not something I ever thought would happen, may be an extremely long time before we ever get a chance again.
    Yeah my thoughts exactly. I'm not sure if we'll ever get such a golden opportunity ever again considering what a huge effort it was to get that far in the first place.

5. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Yeah my thoughts exactly. I'm not sure if we'll ever get such a golden opportunity ever again considering what a huge effort it was to get that far in the first place.
    Well, who wants win an ICC tournament anyway when they are full of stink rules. Yes, fine we "knew about "the boundary rule before the tournament. However by the time Kane "learned" of it it was 100% signed off and there would have been nothing we could have done about it.

That rule would have been signed off 3-4 years ago and recommended by a sub committee and rubber stamped by the ICC head group without too much due diligence being given to the details.

6. Post
    koldz wrote:
    I don't think it's hugely unlikely, we're absolute pro's at making semi finals... and from there it's just two good games. If the format stays like this, that is.

I prefer this format, it does enough favours for the top four teams by not having the chance to get bundled out in the quarters. It's hard to predict how things will turn out, but we're owed something. A T20 WC or something... please.

7. Post
    Zarkov: If you're not going to contribute, don't post.

8. Post
    Rii wrote:
    Zarkov: If you're not going to contribute, don't post.
    Zarkov is a regular around here... with all due respect, who are you?

9. Post
    Paddles wrote:
    Probably one of the mods responding helpfully to a post I reported that was out of order.

10. Post
    Paddles wrote:
    I'm the cheese-maker.

11. Post
    wrighty wrote:
    Probably one of the mods responding helpfully to a post I reported that was out of order.
    I should really think before posting

12. Post
    wrighty wrote:
    If that's an apology then I am impressed and you are forgiven. People including me are heart broken at the moment. With time like N says we will move on. Time is a great healer. But that, at this stage is all that is going to heal. So close and yet so far. Thanks Zarkov.
    Is your heart really broken? lol come on brah that's a bit hyperbolic!

13. Post
    koldz wrote:
    Is your heart really broken? lol come on brah that's a bit hyperbolic!
    Hi Koldz,

I don't really recognise your username on this message board very well. So I will mention to you that we started a road to the 2019 world cup thread back in 2017. We were looking forward to and discussing the event for two years before it happened. Some of us are super fans of cricket as opposed to being Joe public casual fans.

You will note my username as well. It is of a cricketer and I joined this site to discuss cricket as opposed to video games.

The blackcaps themselves are ripped apart from this and mentioned it will take them years to fully process the events. Their quote and not mine.

14. Post
    I'm definitely not heartbroken, the players may be but like I said, there is no time to dwell. Straight into their next assignments.

Buttler said he would have struggled to pick up a bat again had they lost. I don't think we would have taken it as hard as England would have, had they lost. It's a shame we'll never get that home final. IND, AUS and now ENG have all won it at home. It will always be uphill for us, as if it isn't already.

15. Post
    <N> wrote:
    I'm definitely not heartbroken, the players may be but like I said, there is no time to dwell. Straight into their next assignments.

Buttler said he would have struggled to pick up a bat again had they lost. I don't think we would have taken it as hard as England would have, had they lost. It's a shame we'll never get that home final. IND, AUS and now ENG have all won it at home. It will always be uphill for us, as if it isn't already.
    Part of my value system is that most things happen for the best, 4 years from now I will try to remember to analyse if anything good comes from this. Possible good things are:
    One of Ross, Martin, or Trent (who is 29) could make a point of not retiring when they otherwise might have had we co-won the cup. Let's see how things pan out. There could be a silver lining to this cloud.

16. Post
    Paddles wrote:
    Zarkov is grumpy old man who needs to think before he posts, Zarkov is always moaning about this and that and is always posting insults on the forum. And RII is a good GP forum moderator.

17. Post
    Thunderstorm wrote:
    Zarkov is grumpy old man who needs to think before he posts, Zarkov is always moaning about this and that and is always posting insults on the forum. And RII is a good GP forum moderator.
    Good thing I asked my question with all due respect then....

18. Post
    wrighty wrote:
    The blackcaps themselves are ripped apart from this and mentioned it will take them years to fully process the events. Their quote and not mine.
    I'm still really peeved off about the result so can only imagine how peeved off the NZ players must feel... with the video technology they have these days if an area of the game looks controversial during a match surely they should have a look at a video replay to check it properly ?