Results 776 to 800 of 968

  1. Post
    Hello All. Just made an account here to say what a performance by The black caps in both the knockout matches after no one gave them any chance against the other three . England supporter here but would admit we were lucky in the match and had few things of inches gone otherwise the result would've been totally different . There were so many NZ supporters came from all the way today at the stadium and trafalgar square and watched the match with the English Fans .
    Hopefully things will only go up for NZ cricket from here ,this match , though heartbreaking would've made many new supporters of the game in the country . Also heart goes out to Kane Williamson , What a bloke !!

  2. Post
    kopkiwi wrote:
    Of all the sporting moments that have let me know, of all the times Liverpool have got so close to a title only to finish runner up, this is one, this one hurt the most. This will take a long time to get over. Boult will be re-playng this match in his head for the rest of life, forever knowing he cost NZ the Cricket World Cup. Had a chance to be a hero, but will forever be a loser (Not sure if I'm in jest or not there)
    Thing is, plenty of players had the chance to alter the course of the match. Both teams had their times when their batting was sluggish and overly cautious (Bairstow, Williamson etc) and Joe Root clearly got frustrated and had a "**** it, let's give this a crack moment" and threw away his wicket, Nicholls brain explosion convincing Guppy to review, all had pivotal outcomes in such a close game.

  3. Post
    Really ****in' aggravating ! ...could've easily gone our way, there's always ifs & buts etc that's sport though, when a game is that tight having that little bit of luck makes all the diff, unfortunately wasn't the case for us, can't think of a tighter finish in a WC final or probably any other ODI.

  4. Post
    kopkiwi wrote:
    Especially when one of those boundaries comes in such a fashion as a deflection. They picked literally the least fair way of deciding a WORLD CUP FINAL.
    That boundary just counts as extras, not a boundary.

  5. Post
    Gerter wrote:
    That boundary just counts as extras, not a boundary.
    Don't think so... It counts as a six to Stokes. You can't just say 2 run, and then lob four of them over to extras. They're all runs for Stokes. It counts the same as any other time he would get six.

  6. Post
    Not meant to be. Went to bed after our innings and got up and watched the 5 hour replay of their inning.

    In the super over Guptil got his hand to a diving stop on the boundary but it still went for four...he stops that we win.

    Also on the final ball he went deep in his crease maybe if he had've charged down the pitch and just blocked it on the on side we could have scraped in for two.

    Anyway there will never be a closer game match in the history of cricket. I thought we had no chance of getting 16 off the Archer super over so to come close was a good effort.

    I don't know this a stupid comment but maybe after getting those stink bonus four runs off his body - Stokes should have blocked the next ball to make up for it. I felt mad as hell when they got those runs.

    Will be a while before I process this.

  7. Post
    it is ok boys ( and girls and ermm others ) come RWC, we get to put all our angst should ABs meet England.. oh boy this is just extra gooey treacle for all us 1 eyed Kiwi sport supporters!

  8. Post
    wrighty wrote:
    In the super over Guptil got his hand to a diving stop on the boundary but it still went for four...he stops that we win.
    Out of all the moments to single out, that isn't the one. We had plenty of better chances in the actual match.

    Game of inches, really is.

    https://twitter.com/davidkane11/stat...121134082?s=21


  9. Post
    kopkiwi wrote:
    Of all the sporting moments that have let me know, of all the times Liverpool have got so close to a title only to finish runner up, this is one, this one hurt the most. This will take a long time to get over. Boult will be re-playng this match in his head for the rest of life, forever knowing he cost NZ the Cricket World Cup. Had a chance to be a hero, but will forever be a loser (Not sure if I'm in jest or not there)
    Gtfo bro, no way you can lump all this Boults shoulders.
    Im sure your still processing the emotions of it all, but calling him a loser is a step too far.

  10. Post
    matt8485 wrote:
    Gtfo bro, no way you can lump all this Boults shoulders.
    Im sure your still processing the emotions of it all, but calling him a loser is a step too far.
    He really does take it too far. Saying Boult should be barred at the border, jesus christ. He's just that super super serious guy that actually wishes physical harm on people if they don't perform. Boult won't be the only one, and he would have got them home if not for that 'bat of god'. I'm embarrassed he's a fan, and posts here. Not surprised he's a football fan in the slightest.

    Never mind the fact Boult was robbed first ball of the innings too, it just wasn't his day. That's cricket! It was far more plumb than the one he got Kohli with. He tried his bloody best out there, and he only went for as many as Archer did in the super over.

  11. Post
    They should change the laws of circket so if a throw deflects off a batsman you can't score overthrows. By convention most batsmen and teams won't run anyway. Should put it into law.

  12. Post
    So we actually won. That overthrow means that 6 should have been a 5.

  13. Post
    Also I am sure it has been commented on in the thread when it happened. But what was Santner thinking when he ducked Archer's bouncer on the last ball of our inning. Never ever seen that before.

    - - - Updated - - -

    kopkiwi wrote:
    So we actually won. That overthrow means that 6 should have been a 5.
    Why

  14. Post
    <N> wrote:
    He really does take it too far. Saying Boult should be barred at the border, jesus christ. He's just that super super serious guy that actually wishes physical harm on people if they don't perform. Boult won't be the only one, and he would have got them home if not for that 'bat of god'. I'm embarrassed he's a fan, and posts here. Not surprised he's a football fan in the slightest.

    Never mind the fact Boult was robbed first ball of the innings too, it just wasn't his day. That's cricket! It was far more plumb than the one he got Kohli with. He tried his bloody best out there, and he only went for as many as Archer did in the super over.
    You're an idiot.

    - - - Updated - - -

    wrighty wrote:
    Also I am sure it has been commented on in the thread when it happened. But what was Santner thinking when he ducked Archer's bouncer on the last ball of our inning. Never ever seen that before.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Why
    No idea. Just what the laws say.

  15. Post

  16. Post
    wrighty wrote:
    Also I am sure it has been commented on in the thread when it happened. But what was Santner thinking when he ducked Archer's bouncer on the last ball of our inning. Never ever seen that before.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Why
    What is even more bizarre about that last ball is they did not even try to get a bye out of it. Why the hell would they not run?

  17. Post
    Thought a drawn super over was decided in wickets

  18. Post
    Teemu wrote:
    What is even more bizarre about that last ball is they did not even try to get a bye out of it. Why the hell would they not run?
    Indeed.

    Also Santner "looked" surprised when the umpires then called the innings closed. Initially he seemed pleased with himself for ducking and not risking his wicket then it dawned on him it was the last ball.

    Much of the game you couldn't script.

  19. Post
    Sounds like a very confusing law and it sounds unclear whether it should be 5 or 6. Certainly not clear enough for even fans to use that in the future,

  20. Post
    Must have been so hard to pick who to
    a) Bowl the super over
    b) bat in the super over

    On retrospect we might have gone with Lockie, although he might have bowled 5 wides so there was no clear answer

    Oh man, this has traumatised me a bit. Every momemt, every decision is flooding back to me.

    I also thought we "deserved" more than 241 runs. All of our top 7 got starts and made a contribution and I thought all of them played positively. I kept looking at the score board and wondering why we didn't have another 15-20 runs next to our names. Can't explain it. I don't think we batted slowly or negatively at all.

  21. Post
    I am 100% behind this interpretation, will take the moral victory

  22. Post
    Bah we can complain & wonder what might've been until the cows come home but it wont change anything No point reading all these articles or watching any videos just want to move on and forget about it

  23. Post
    wrighty wrote:
    Must have been so hard to pick who to
    a) Bowl the super over
    b) bat in the super over
    You know Neesh stood up and said "Put me in Cap" he's got that cockiness that is needed for those situations. Wouldn't even have minded him bowling, his last over was so good under pressure. (bar the 6 Stokes got ... which Boult could have caught)

  24. Post
    Gerter wrote:
    You know Neesh stood up and said "Put me in Cap" he's got that cockiness that is needed for those situations. Wouldn't even have minded him bowling, his last over was so good under pressure. (bar the 6 Stokes got ... which Boult could have caught)
    It was so hard to pick who to go with in that bowling over, I also wondered about Neesham. One disadvantage of Boult is that he had just bowled which had me leaning towards Lockie who had been "resting" for the last 20 minutes.

  25. Post
    They should've gone with Lockie he would mixed it up a lot more. Boult was too predictable. It was obvious he was just going to go for yorkers every ball.