1. Post

What Xbox One X download speeds to expect?

Hi my xbox one X downloads seem to go at around 30-50Mbps (not MBps)... my computer download speeds can hit 950Mbps.

Is that normal for what people in NZ are getting?

Have tried both ethernet and wifi.

Sometimes it briefly goes over 200Mbps but it is never sustained, drops and settles between 5-65Mbps.

I make sure I'm not doing anything else, not browsing not playing games, just staring at the download speed. This has been going on for the whole year I've had it so I don't think the Xbox is downloading an update every time.
    Last edited by joker97; 14th July 2019 at 12:10 pm.

2. Post
    joker97 wrote:
    Hi my xbox one X downloads seem to go at around 30-50Mbps (not MBps)... my computer download speeds can hit 950Mbps.

Is that normal for what people in NZ are getting?

Have tried both ethernet and wifi.

Sometimes it briefly goes over 200Mbps but it is never sustained, drops and settles between 5-65Mbps.

I make sure I'm not doing anything else, not browsing not playing games, just staring at the download speed. This has been going on for the whole year I've had it so I don't think the Xbox is downloading an update every time.
    Pretty sure it's server side. I'd try change dns on the Xbox and see if that helps.

3. Post
    Haven't got an X just an S, but my dl speeds are pretty much always up around 200Mb/s, I've had speeds nearly double that but only very rarely, currently downloading Dead Rising 4 and it's hovering around 220Mb/s. I'm on a gigabit connection at the top of the world in sunny Dunedin.

4. Post
    My speed averages bewteen 20 to 25 mbps on vdsl sometimes slower. hopefully my fibre when I eventually get it will make it blazing fast

5. Post
    I bought an X on Saturday and was watching the speed as it downloaded the Forza games. Hovered around 80mbs on my fibre connection.