Results 1 to 24 of 24

  1. Post
    #1

    Trademe dealer listing as [Name Here] Ltd...but nothing in companies website?

    Looking at a car, seller list themselves as "[company name here] Ltd, RMVT" however when I search the companies office website for that, nothing comes up. Nor does anything come up in the registered motortraders site.
    The vehicle isn't pictured at a yard but rather public places. (It's also wearing the plate of another car in some photos, checked on carjam)

    I've emailed to see what's up in case it's a typo in the first part of the name on their part.

    But if not, how big a no-no is representing yourself as being a company when you're not?
    Something the ComCom would care about?

  2. Post
    #2
    Probably more likely that it's a scammer and the car doesn't exist/is stolen?

  3. Post
    #3
    KevinL wrote:
    Probably more likely that it's a scammer and the car doesn't exist/is stolen?
    That's another possibility. Might ping Trademe about them and they can investigate.
    They are "address verified" and "in trade" but not sure how much those little tags are really worth.

  4. Post
    #4
    report it to trademe too

  5. Post
    #5
    How many trades has this seller have and what is their feedback like?

  6. Post
    #6
    Link to the listing?

  7. Post
    #7
    Just admit you're afraid of big money and move on

  8. Post
    #8
    aarOn-afk wrote:
    Just admit you're afraid of big money and move on
    I wonder what Kevin is up to these days

  9. Post
    #9

  10. Post
    #10


    Esquire huh

    https://www.esquire.com/search/?q=Abdulrahman

    Nothing coming up,

    Shit, nothing on forbes either

    https://www.forbes.com/search/?q=abdulrahman

    https://www.entrepreneur.com/author/kevin-abdulrahman but its all self published trash.

  11. Post
    #11
    my daughter has more Twitter followers than him

  12. Post
    #12
    But does she have a sick fedora

  13. Post
    #13
    Was he a member of GP?

  14. Post
    #14
    yeah like around 12 years ago lol

  15. Post
    #15
    Nah, just reminiscing, i wrote an article on him for the uni mag about 10 years ago, search kevin abdulrahman on the forum



  16. Post
    #16
    Edit, Aaron afk and I wrote the article and Kevin got pissy

  17. Post
    #17
    lmao the view counts


  18. Post
    #18
    Whatsup with the hat? Is he bald?

  19. Post
    #19
    I did a quick search but ended up down a rabbit hole thread of people who had worked at McD's..... not interested enough to keep digging. What's with the hat? Kinda discounts any and all credibility he might have otherwise had.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Vulcan wrote:
    Whatsup with the hat? Is he bald?

    Ha, snap.

  20. Post
    #20
    This thread derailed super awesomely

  21. Post
    #21
    Richard7666 wrote:
    Looking at a car, seller list themselves as "[company name here] Ltd, RMVT" however when I search the companies office website for that, nothing comes up. Nor does anything come up in the registered motortraders site.
    The vehicle isn't pictured at a yard but rather public places. (It's also wearing the plate of another car in some photos, checked on carjam)

    I've emailed to see what's up in case it's a typo in the first part of the name on their part.

    But if not, how big a no-no is representing yourself as being a company when you're not?
    Something the ComCom would care about?
    http://www.motortraders.govt.nz/cms/...ion/complaints

    Registrar of Motor Vehicle Traders
    The Registrar is responsible for sections 95-119 of the MVSA. This includes investigating:

    odometer tampering and
    motor vehicle traders who are trading illegally.
    I'd suggest that the RMVT would be very interested in someone claiming to be a licenced trader who isn't.

    http://www.motortraders.govt.nz/cms/...and-complaints
    There are a number of offences under the MVSA.

    These include:

    Carrying on the business of motor trading without being registered
    Tampering with odometers
    Failure to display a Consumer Information Notice
    Providing false or misleading information on a statutory declaration.

    Poor old ComCom, only responsible for the Fair Trading Act and CCCFA in the consumer sphere, but get all the complaints anyway.

  22. Post
    #22
    So, it turns out that they apparently didn't know the name of their own company

    They list it as Don'tknowwhatwe'recalled Ltd. They also used that name in their email to me.
    They're actually Don't Know What We're Called Ltd, with a space.

    Which is why nothing came up in the companies register or registered motor traders register. Probablllllly not the sort of outfit I want to buy a car from.

  23. Post
    #23
    I'd think so mate.

  24. Post
    #24
    Thats where you quickly register Don'tknowwhatwe'recalled Ltd then sue them.