1. Post
    Man cricket is ass backwards. Why bother with those two overs? Just take lunch early.

2. Post
    plz will young

kopkiwi wrote:
    Man cricket is ass backwards. Why bother with those two overs? Just take lunch early.
    because stopping and starting is part of the test of test cricket, if there is time for 2 overs then take it. Then what? You want to start the next session 3-4 mins earlier? That favours the batsmen, this favours the bowlers. Who cares, it's luck of the draw as it has always been.

3. Post
    broadcasters man. broadcasters... Its become less of an issue in England and NZ due to SKY, but Ind, SL, Aus, Pak, Bang, still have FTA broadcasters...

anyway - the broadcaster needs cricket to try its best to stick to the schedule.

We used to start ODI and tests earlier in the morning just to cater for the 6pm news when tv1 had it.

Anyway - once the world is streaming sports as the norm, cricket will then be able to sort its rules out.

4. Post
    <N> wrote:
    plz will young

For Raval? I think Will Young has to play in Aus. I think Raval should play. But thee's noone else to drop right now.

5. Post
    Paddles wrote:
    For Raval? I think Will Young has to play in Aus. I think Raval should play. But thee's noone else to drop right now.
    Young won't be back in time for Aussie. When he's fit, he needs to come in and opening is his best bet right now. Raval will stay for the pure fact there is no one else yet.

6. Post
    <N> wrote:
    Young won't be back in time for Aussie. When he's fit, he needs to come in and opening is his best bet right now. Raval will stay for the pure fact there is no one else yet.
    Young said in May he will be fit for the NZ summer start. We have a series against England before we goto Aus. Where you hearing your info from?

Yeah - it was clear NZC told Young to open for NZA so as to cover every single batting position when he finally gets his debut.

7. Post
    This NZ batting line up is sorely missing Kane Williamson. Any idea on when he is expected back? I havn't seen him since the World Cup.

8. Post
    What was that Rosco...

9. Post
    Paddles wrote:
    This NZ batting line up is sorely missing Kane Williamson. Any idea on when he is expected back? I havn't seen him since the World Cup.
    Plenty of players have been MIA since the WC

Paddles wrote:
    Young said in May he will be fit for the NZ summer start. We have a series against England before we goto Aus. Where you hearing your info from?

Yeah - it was clear NZC told Young to open for NZA so as to cover every single batting position when he finally gets his debut.
    Dunno, just remember hearing he was gone for the year. Would be surprised if he's back sooner, even then he needs games.

10. Post
    aww man....dat rain

11. Post
    <N> wrote:
    Plenty of players have been MIA since the WC
    Yeah, but Kane is the most obvious example. His head doesn't seem to be in it right now. Boult's bowled some good spells besides his dropped catch.

Raval and Watling were always gonna need time to warm up after a long break of no cricket. I actually feel sorry for guys like them.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/cricke...lay-home-tests

Food for thought. I don't think NZ should play a spinner in November against England. At all. I would play 4 quciks and CdG... I wouldn't play Henry...

12. Post
    Paddles wrote:
    Yeah, but Kane is the most obvious example. His head doesn't seem to be in it right now. Boult's bowled some good spells besides his dropped catch.

Raval and Watling were always gonna need time to warm up after a long break of no cricket. I actually feel sorry for guys like them.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/cricke...lay-home-tests

Food for thought. I don't think NZ should play a spinner in November against England. At all. I would play 4 quciks and CdG... I wouldn't play Henry...
    Not just talking about us. Many of the Aussie/England batsmen are missing. Warner, Root especially. I think people tend to overreact when Kane has a few quiet tests, it's happened many times before.

13. Post
    Fantastic knock Tom. He's looked likely all series, good to go on with one.

14. Post
    Yeah, incredible innings from Latham in very difficult conditions, Watling has batted very well too, excellent foot work by both of them playing back or forward really positively against their spinners... what a superb record Latham has in Sri lanka, think it showed that he'd played 8 tests scoring 4 100's at an average of 80.

15. Post
    signman wrote:
    Yeah, incredible innings from Latham in very difficult conditions, Watling has batted very well too, excellent foot work by both of them playing back or forward really positively against their spinners... what a superb record Latham has in Sri lanka, think it showed that he'd played 8 tests scoring 4 100's at an average of 80.
    against Sri Lanka. This was the first time an NZ opener has scored a ton in Sri Lanka.

16. Post
    <N> wrote:
    against Sri Lanka. This was the first time an NZ opener has scored a ton in Sri Lanka.
    Very impressive, just shows what a class player of spin Latham is.

17. Post
    <N> wrote:
    Not just talking about us. Many of the Aussie/England batsmen are missing. Warner, Root especially. I think people tend to overreact when Kane has a few quiet tests, it's happened many times before.
    Many of them just arent that good. Warner has never been particularly impressive in England conditions, as compared to a lesser known batsman like Chris Rogers who was far more effective there. Bancroft isn't a good player at the best of times. Who really thinks Head will ever be anything special?

Root has been scoring consistently lower everywhere since being made the captain. And he really doesn't have the leadership support that KW or Kohli has since Cook's retirement. Stokes of all people is his 2ic, with Broad wanting to be in charge. But even Broad is droppable next test if Jimmy is fit, cos they need Woake's runs. And Joffra has to continue playing. He is the only highlight for the English test cricket fan right now.

18. Post
    Later Lath

19. Post
    Well any chance of getting into a winnable declaration position comes down to CdG (and maybe even Timmy Southee) now. Really need a rapid fire 80 to 100 from him this session. Get the lead to 200 - and then declare making them bat all day tomorrow. We won't lose as we still have an innings up our sleeve.

20. Post
    CdG doing his job. Seems like he got the memo.

21. Post
    Not a bad way to start the days play

22. Post
    Cdg always gets big daddy wickets

23. Post
    Hmmm, 27/4, can we do this?!

24. Post
    There is absolutely nothing an off spinner likes more than a wicket like Somerville just picked up!

25. Post
    Yeah that’s about as good as they come.